FM19 - The Foxes, an LCFC tale

FMSunflash

Reaction score
It's like Brendan never existed. Rogers is sacked with immediate effect, and Mr Sunflash takes the reigns.

Pre Pre Season – Post #1

Let’s take a look at the starting squad. Ideally I would like to work with a small 1st team squad of 22 players, 2 for each position.

Out on loan are Slimani, King, Kapustka, Silva, Benkovic and Diabate. Here is what we start with.

GK: Schmeichel, Ward, and Jakupovic

RB: Pereira and Simpson

LB: Chilwell and Fuchs

CB: Maguire, Evans, Morgan, and Soyuncu

DM: Ndidi and Mendy

CM: Tielemans (L), Maddison, Choudhury, Amartey, and James

RW: Barnes and Ghezzal

LW: Gray and Albrighton

CF: Vardy, Iheanacho, and Okazaki

Leicester have a decent enough 1st XI but beyond that the quality level is low, and aging. I will look to promote youth from the U23s and U18s if possible, to supplement the squad. The formation I will look to use is the 433 with a DM and wide Inside Forwards either side of a lone front man. We will operate with a high attacking line and press from the front (Vardy’s specialty) with Chilwell and Pereira providing width. Ndidi will operate as a Half Back and make a 3 at the back when in possession.

In terms of moving players on, Danny Simpson is a wanted man, and at his age probably won’t be for much longer. Okazaki is also unlikely to secure another work permit and has asked to leave the club. I won’t stand in either players way. Simpson duly moves to Southampton for £5.75m, and Okazaki moves the day after the English window closes to Shakhtar for £3m rising to £3.7m. No other players are for sale as I’m prepared to give everyone a chance in the 1st half of the season.

I have already identified one or two positions in which we are not particularly strong and have the feelers out.

I’m looking for a RB to compete with Pereira and replace Danny Simpson. Young and English would be perfect but at this point with a limited budget it may need to be a stop gap from a lesser division. I’ve specifically targeted Max Aarons, Josh Vagnoman, Kevin Mbabu and as a more experienced option, Nathaniel Clyne.

The next position I am looking to add to is on the wing. While Gray and Barnes are good prospects, it isn’t fair to rely on them in my opinion. Albrighton and Ghezzal are my second choice for either wing and will likely suffer if wingers are brought in.

We are expected by the board to finish top half which i think is achievable. A couple of signings and we may sneak into the Europa League places. A couple of cup runs would be nice too, especially if the big boys don’t take the League Cup too seriously.

Pre Season - Post #2

[h=1]Pre Season – Post #2[/h]
I like to play a lot of friendly games as it allows me to tweak my tactic and see which players are best suited for it. It also allows any new signings to bed in with their teammates so they can hit the ground running come August.
11 are arranged including 1 just after our 1st game in the Premier League. This is to compensate for our main annoyance of this pre-season, the World Cup. Several players are still on international duty when the friendlies come around. Our opening game in the Premier League is Fulham at home. You can see the Aldershot game nestled in nicely after that game. Anyone that doesn’t play on the opening day will start and most will get 90 minutes. This includes our World Cup lads.
1.jpg

We started with a home game against CSKA, with a squad full of youth players and 2nd stringers, and promptly lost 1-0.
However, we started to gel a bit more and the results started to pick up. Here is the rest of July including a love tour of Belgium where we were only embarrassed once.
2.jpg

We’ve lined up in a 433 so far with flying wing backs and inside forwards. A half back in the DM role really balances the side nicely giving a solid base and a platform from which to attack. I normally like a DLP but the half back intrigued me and Ndidi looks to have the attributes to perform the role well.
You’ll notice a couple of new names on the score sheet, Kevin Mbabu was quickly signed after I was priced out of anyone else, for £10m with add-ons on the 9th July, followed quickly by Croatian starlet Antonio Marin. Mbabu will replace Danny Simpson, and challenge Pereira for the starting XI spot. Marin is competition for our wingers and i’m looking to retrain him as a CF. His height and speed can make him a real asset up top. Demarai Gray was looking promising at CF getting on the end of crosses which was unexpected.
August – Let’s get this party started
A few friendlies to go and our players are starting to come back from the World Cup and subsequent holidays. We have a tough game against Udinese at home and then a couple of (what I hope are) games against easier opposition to get the forwards firing.
3.jpg

Just before that though, a bit of transfer news to excite the fans.
“Leicester City have completed the signing of LOSC winger Nicolas Pepe for a fee of £21m (Rising to £31m). The Ivorian forward has signed a 4-year deal”
A real coup for the club although in real life he was yet to have his breakout season.
The new man makes an instant impact, scoring on his debut. Wes Morgan scores and will start the season partnering Evans at the back. A red card for Gray for a reckless challenge threatened to spoil the day but we were always in control and Maddison added a 3rd.
4.jpg

This was the runout our forwards were craving, and they didn’t disappoint. Pepe with another cutting in from the right and braces for Iheanacho, Gray and Ghezzal. A good day at the office.
5.jpg

Our final pre-season game before the start of the Premier League against Shamrock. An opportunity for a number of players to play for the 1st time this season.
A goal for Vardy, and a professional performance. Okazaki scored in what would be his last outing in a Leicester shirt.
6.jpg

That concludes our pre season games, except for the aforementioned Aldershot game. Some goods wins considering the players are learning a new way of playing. Delighted with my signings and hope they can push us onto the next level. See you soon for part 3 where we kick off the Premier League season.

I did a Leicester save as well and nearly got into Europe (5th in the league, only missed out because Newcastle won the cup or something). Chelsea came in for Ben Chilwell for 60M after the first season, so I'm looking forward to what you do to the team.

Best of luck, I hope you follow this through and achieve!

I did a Leicester save as well and nearly got into Europe (5th in the league, only missed out because Newcastle won the cup or something). Chelsea came in for Ben Chilwell for 60M after the first season, so I'm looking forward to what you do to the team.

Best of luck, I hope you follow this through and achieve!

Thanks Froug, this is my 1st attempt at stories and I like the fact it adds a different dimension to just playing the game.

Chilwell, Pereira and Maguire will be the hardest to keep I think so am keeping a large list of defenders in mind in case.

August - Post #3

Onto the serious stuff now…

Premier League games against Fulham (H), Arsenal (A) and Cardiff (H) with a Carabao Cup game at home to Norwich. Realistically, 6 points would be excellent from August and safe passage into the next round of the cup.

WELCOME BACK FULHAM

It never normally goes like this does it? A stunning opening day display with debut goals for Pepe and Tielemans. Iheanacho started up front ahead of Vardy who wasn’t quite fit and took his chance. A goal from a corner for the skipper Wes Morgan and the game was done at half time. Demarai Gray added the cherry(ies) with a couple more before Fulham put 11 behind the ball and we played out 30 mins of nothing. The perfect start for us.

ARSENAL GOT FM’D

If we were stunning in match day one, we were the opposite here. Arsenal absolutely battered us from minute 1. We somehow got in at half time level thanks to the woodwork 3 times and Kasper Schmeichel numerous more. A quick change of formation at half time to make us more solid. We looked to play a bit more direct for the runs of Vardy. It worked to a point. He was fouled by Mustafi on the edge of the box and Maddison curled home. Cue another onslaught by the Gunners. We held on and brought Maguire on for his first minutes of the season to go 5 at the back for the last 15. Chilwell, now with a bit more freedom finds himself on the end of a Pereira cross and does the rest. SCENES!!! We go ultra defensive for the final 10 mins and Arsenal look to have run out of ideas. A late Lacazette goal spoils the day slightly, but we don’t mind at all. What a start.

PROFESSIONAL DISPLAY BY THE FOXES

We weren’t great, Cardiff we worse. They set up for a 0-0 and were out of the game by half time. Mbabu in his first start of the season claimed his maiden goal. And Pepe, again cutting in from the right just inside the box and curling into the far corner. Both teams played out a drab 0-0 in the 2nd half which suits me.

CANARIES BRUSHED ASIDE

A fine day for Jamie Vardy as he scored his 1st, 2nd and 3rd goals of the season. After sitting the Prem games out for Iheancho he staked his claim with a fine performance. For the 3rd time in 4 games we finish an opponent before half time. Starts for Barnes, Marin, Choudhury make for a pleasing glimpse of the potential in the club. Pepe climbs off the bench to add his 3rd of the season.

August Review

So there you have it, 14 goals scored and 1 conceded in our 1st 4 games. Our World Cup players will start to feature more next month so hopefully that doesn’t interrupt our flow. Unbelievably no manager of the moth award. City are top with a better goal difference having also beaten Liverpool on the opening day. Nicolas Pepe is my player of the month. We sit nicely in 2nd place just behind them on 9 points.

September - Post #4

September

Some more tough games in September including an away trip to Spurs on Saturday evening.

LOVELY DAY AT THE COAST

Business as usual so it seems for this group of players. Morgan is continuing to keep out England hero Maguire, and opens the scoring. Brighton rarely threaten and we play out much of the game without incident. Harvey Barnes gets his 1st of the season after coming on as a late sub. 4 out of 4.

TOFFEES CHEWED UP AND SPAT OUT

Everton came into this game on the back of 1 win in 4, so FM being FM, I assumed it was a perfect chance for them to get some form back. Not so, it was an even game in the 1st half before Demarai Gray scored his 1st since the opening day. Evans added a header from a corner early in the 2nd half and the game was virtually over. Pepe, as he does, scored a curling effort from just inside the box. A bit of a trademark and seemingly a great replacement for Mahrez.

A BIT SPURSY

Spurs had won their opening 3 games but slipped to some high scoring draws against Newcastle and Cardiff in the next 2. We set up more defensively as we did in the 2nd half against Arsenal. It worked to perfection. Tottenhams high line was perfect for Jamie Vardy who scored twice after a Demarai Gray 25 yarder. Lamela scored after half time but we held firm despite the pressure. 6 from 6 and if it wasn’t for Man City, we’d be top of the league.

CITY OUT AFTER SPIRITED COMEBACK

A perfect opportunity to play some of our fringe players who must have been itching to play in this team. We led, they equalised, we led, they equalised, we led, you guessed it. A Ghezzal own goal deep into injury time.
Some good penalties saw us through in a very even game. Big Wes Morgan with the 5th.

SAINTS DESTROY FOXES

Well…

Danny Ings tore us apart. Southampton did to us as we did to Spurs. Morgan and Evans as a partnership were all at sea. We got back into it through Ben Chilwell, only to concede another 2. No excuses. A sour way to end September, but 18 points from 21 is nearly half way to being safe from relegation ;)

In other news City are top, with 21 points, going for a century again.

September Review

Through to the next round of the cup, and 3 wins from 4 in the league. Very happy manager, players, fans and board. Left winger Demarai Gray is my player of the month.

October - December - Post #5

October – Can we catch City?

4 games this month starting with Chelsea at Home.

ALL SQUARE AT THE KING POWER

A blistering start from the boys and James Maddison opening the scoring inside 2 minutes. Chelsea threatened throughout and were rewarded when Eden Hazard waltzed through and scored. Not much happened in the 2nd half and a draw was a fair result. Our 1st dropped points at home though.

LOAN RANGER WINS IT

Youri Tielemans, how I wish you were my player. After the international break, the loanee centre midfielder scored two from the edge of the box against a stubborn Burnley side. They didn’t start to play until 2-0 down and might have equalised when Barnes hit the bar in injury time. A pleasing win.

FOXES TAME THE WOLVES

Tielemans like Pepe seems to have a trademark, thunderbastards from the edge of the box. Hamza Choudhury playing instead of Maddison adds a 2nd. Wolves offer nothing and are languishing near the bottom of the table. Might be an opportunity to nab a player or two come the seasons end. City are still top, without dropping points…Ominous for the rest.

BURNLEY CAN **** OFF

It’s so unfair sometimes this game. Hendrick opened the scoring as our changed side took 25 minutes to get going. They completely shut up shop and we couldn’t break through. I ended the game with 2 defenders and 5 attackers. Out of the League Cup which is very annoying. Some of the players involved may have played their last game for the club as the team is very settled for league games so not much room for rotation.

October Review

More good league results including a draw with Chelsea. Going out of the league cup, at home too is tremendously disappointing. Youri Tielemans the stand out player of the month, someone that I am going to seriously try and bring in permanently.

November – City actually drop some points.

I looked at this month before the season started as a good opportunity for points. Hopefully we can continue our good form. Only 1 loss so far against Southampton.

JAMIE VARDY’S HAVING A PARTY

Jamie Vardy with his 2nd Hat trick of the season. Newcastle hadn’t won since early September and it showed. Another 1st half masterclass from the Foxes. Maddison adding the other goal. We cruised through the 2nd half.

HONOURS EVEN AT LONDON STADIUM

The following weekend we travelled to the capital and it was obvious we weren’t right. We duly conceded early and our defender were making Lucas look like prime Ronaldo. Arnautovic missed a fair few chances in the 1st half. I threw 17 year old Antonio Marin on and he made the difference. We’ll take it and get out of here.

MARIN STRIKES AGAIN

The reward for his saving display against West Ham was a start for Antonio Marin. He scored again inside 5 minutes and terrorised Tommy Smith. Tielemans and Maddison added goals in the 1st half, before a Lossl own goal finished it off. 13 games, 10 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. Plenty of goals from our midfielders which is very pleasing.

FOXES STRIKE LUCKY

We ended November with a fortunate 0-0 versus Bournemouth. They dominated for large parts and after the hour mark I took my medicine and accepted a point. We are not as good away from home but remained unbeaten during the month.

November Review – We still sit in 2nd place, City are miles ahead. Liverpool and Man Utd are around us waiting to pounce. Player of the month, Antonio Marin. A couple of goals from the teenager, making his mark.

December – The big boys come to town

A potentially difficult month which will require the full squad. we have 6 games including 3 in a week around Christmas.

FOXES FORWARDS BLUNT

Leicester rested a few players with the big games coming up and it cost them. A Wes Morgan goal early on and all was rosy but Palace were far better 2nd half and got a deserved equaliser. Palace then shut up shop and took a draw back to South East London.

LEICESTER STUNG BY HORNETS

Manager Law persisted with the team that drew against Palace and the results were dreadful. 3-0 loss and could’ve been more.

RESULT OF THE SEASON SO FAR

This is why we rested players however. 1-0 down early on to Lukaku who was bullying our backline. Youri stepped up again and Harry Maguire bulleted a header from a corner. Lukaku with the equalizer, again a ball in behind our defence. We dropped deeper for the 2nd half and Lukaku didn’t get a sniff. A classic Vardy counter attack goal set us up nicely to defend deep and counter. Iheanacho finished the game off playing on the right wing. 17 games. 11 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses.

BACK TO BUSINESS FOR FOXES

Reverse fixture of the opening day and it was much the same result. A Nicolas Pepe goal set us on our way and we didn’t look back. Vardy seems to have discovered his scoring touch and Tielemans continues to be our most consistent performer adding the gloss.

CHAMPIONS ELECT?

City were good, very good, far too good for us. We managed to score from a set piece to give ourselves a chance but Sterling put them back in front almost instantly. The win keeps City at the top of the league. We are 9 points off the top. Liverpool next at Anfield.

LUCKY LEICESTER SURVIVE ONSLAUGHT

Not much to be said. We defended like lions, they had 3 disallowed, hit the woodwork numerous times. Lovely stuff.

December Review – 3rd place is ours for now with Man Utd breathing down our necks. We do have a gap to Watford in 5th though. Some big sides sitting in 7th -9th which I expect to come back strong. Player of the month Jamie Vardy.

Last edited:
January - Post #6

January – Outgoings?

So far we’ve far exceeded my expectations in terms of positions and performance but it’s clear that certain members of the squad are not up to standard at all. The following players are to be listed for transfer:

Daniel Amartey – Has no real position in the team
Nampalys Mendy – Hasn’t been able to oust Ndidi or Tielemans and wants 1st team football
Rachid Ghezzal – Nicolas Pepe, that is all
Marc Albrighton – When he has played, has been as an emergency RB. West Ham are interested and I’m happy to let him leave.

In the meantime, we have some more games to play. I would love to keep our season going.

1st up is a tough game at home to Arsenal.

An even game ends in a draw. Reasonably happy with that considering we fell behind. That man Tielemans with another goal. We’ve done well against the big sides this season.

BURNLEY, AGAIN, REALLY?

Seems like Burnley will be the team we meet each year in cup competitions. We get our revenge for the league cup defeat and it was more like the league game early in the season. We dominated for large parts and took a 2-0 lead. Burnley decided to come and play after that but we’re only rewarded with a late consolation goal. Through to round 4.

BLUEBIRDS TAKEN DOWN BY FOXES

A repeat of the early season game between the two sides. 1st half goals from Maddison and Vardy meant the contest was all but over at half time. A professional performance.

OUTGOING: Daniel Amartey leaves the club for Bordeaux. £9.75m rising to £10.75m. No great loss here and more than I expected to get for him.

SEAGULLS WINGS CLIPPED

Brighton had been on a tough run and we chose to rest a few players for the game. They were able to keep it tight for the 1st half. We made changes, notably Tielemans and Pepe who both scored. A pleasing day at home in the end. We are making light work of the lesser sides in the division at the moment.

INCOMING: Our Director of Football signs Antoine Semenyo from Bristol City for £2.7m rising to £6.75m. He is loaned back to Bristol City for the remainder of the season. A young centre forward that will hopefully challenge Vardy next season.

FA CUP WIN

The prize for beating Burnley was a home game versus West Ham. A comfortable win and again, we performed much better in the second half of the game. Goals from Gray, Iheanacho and Maddison see us through to the 5th round.

OUTGOING: Nampalys Mendy joins Spartak Moscow for £7.25m rising to £9.25m.

TOFFEES DEFEATED AGAIN

Our finalised trimmed squad defeated Everton for the 2nd time this season. A solitary goal from Nicolas Pepe was enough to get us over the line. A positive end to the month. We laboured to the win but Everton didn’t really threaten us throughout.

OUTGOING: 3 outs on the final day of January. Rachid Ghezzal joins old foes Burnley for £7.75m rising to £8.75m after he began to feature less and less. Marc Albrighton moves to West Ham for £8.5m rising to £10.5m and young defender Alex Pascanu moves on loan to MK Dons. Some decent business and it means we have a net spend of just £2m over the season.

January Review – Undefeated for the month and through 2 rounds of the FA Cup. Player of the month James Maddison.

See you next time for February and March.

February and March - Post #7

February – We are still in the mix, unbelievably. We sit 3rd in the league, still behind Liverpool and Man City who look like making it a straight fight. Champions League football is well in our sites now and we’ll do everything we can do get it. A couple of very difficult games in Spurs and Chelsea but we got positive results in the reverse fixtures so nothing to fear. Brentford in the FA Cup 5th round so we “should” be into the 6th round.

Spurs made up for the home loss slightly holding Leicester to a 0-0 home draw. Dele Alli was sent off late on for a reckless lunge on Pereira. Nothing much of note happened otherwise. We’ll take it and move on. A clean sheet is always a bonus.

SAINTS PUT TO THE SWORD

We certainly got our revenge on Southampton.

A fine attacking display and our front 3 all hit the target. Maddison has been playing as an inside forward more due to the emergence of Choudhury. He got the 1st with Vardy and Pepe completing the scoring.

STILL UP FOR THE CUP

And still no goals conceded this month. We travelled to Championship side Brentford in the 5th round of the FA Cup. The game was certainly not as one sided as the scorline suggests and but for some inspired goalkeeping by Ward, Brentford might have been in front at half time. Second half goals killed the tie as a contest. Young Marin started up front as I’ve retrained him. He scored 2 either side of a Konsa OG. Can we win the cup?

KANTE BACK TO HAUNT US

There goes the clean sheet month then. N’Golo Kante absolutely ran the show today. Scored 1 and assisted 2. In spite of our goals, we didn’t ever look like we could win. A free hit of sorts and we failed. I kept Marin in from the start and it looked like being inspired, unfortunately after the goal he was well marshalled. Vardy came on early in the 2nd half and scored a consolation. Chelsea a level above us if they play to their potential.

Brighton won the Carabao Cup against Bournemouth…A missed opportunity for us.

****** BURNLEY

Vardy back in the starting line-up and back with a brace after Long stabbed in from a corner to put Burnley ahead. Demarai Gray back on the scoresheet after a few games out. A pleasing end to the month at a difficult stadium.

February Review – A mixed bag of results. Still in the cup and fighting tooth and nail for Champions League football. Player of the month is a draw between 2 players at the opposite ends of their careers, Antonio Marin and veteran striker Jamie Vardy.

March – City have fallen away after a terrible month while Liverpool go from strength to strength. Pep gets sacked after failing to win a game in March, resulting in City being knocked out the Champions League, FA Cup and falling behind Liverpool in the league. Might cheekily apply for the job.

On paper an easier month bar that trip to St. James’ Park. We drew Stoke in the 6th round of the FA Cup and we’re confident of getting through.

Wolves are certainly not the force I expected. We comfortably won with a rotated side and the scoreline did not reflect the domination. Our wing wizards got the goals. This wasn’t to be Grays only goal in March.

CRACKER ON THE TYNE

Some appalling defending by both sides, and some unbelievable finishing also. Kenedy’s 2 strikes were both goal of the month contenders but it was Demarai Gray that stole the show. We led 3-1 before finding ourselves 4-3 down at half time after a mad 7 minutes. A change of style allowed us to dominate the 2nd period and Marin and Gray turned it around. Gray’s goal a lovely header with a minute left and much jumping around from yours truly. Game of the season so far.

HAMMERS UNFORTUNATE

For the 2nd time this season, West Ham will feel hard done by against Leicester. They deserved at least a point but James Maddison had other ideas. Dispatching a perfect free kick deep into injury time. I think we were flat after such a high of the previous game. Still scoring late goals is a good knack to get into.

DREAM STILL ALIVE

Back to our usual levels here with a fantastic 2-0 win away thanks largely to a slice of luck and an own goal from Berahino. Pepe added a 2nd on half time which killed Stoke’s momentum and it allowed us to cruise through the 2nd half.

HUDDERSFIELD ALL BUT DOWN

If I felt Wolves were a surprise for the wrong reasons, Huddersfield definitely aren’t. A poor side and we were far too good for them on the day. 2 more for Maddison. A 1st goal for the club for Callum Wright, a young CM that might make the step up next season.

March Review – 5 wins out of 5, couple that with a drop in form for City and we have got a stranglehold on the top 4. Liverpool look set to win it, but we may sneak into 2nd. Player of the month, Demarai Gray pretty much for his performance against Newcastle.

End of Season 1 - Post #8

April - Top of the form guide. With only 6 league games to go, including 3 of the top 4, it was imperative we kept our good form up.

Bournemouth at home first up. We drew 0-0 away in the reverse fixture so a good chance to take 4 points off them.

We did and how. A thoroughly great performance. Gray and Vardy are quite the pair. Next up is the FA Cup semi against Man Utd.

NEMANJA ******* MATIC

You don’t mind losing, but to a Nemanja Metic brace. We froze essentially. Maddisons goal was a fine free kick but we created little from open play. Congratulations to United who will play Liverpool in the final.

WEMBLEY HANGOVER

Thats the only way I can describe this is, we weren’t at the races and it took a late goal in each half to rescue us. Palace might still go down at this point.

Watford were on their holidays. They are mid table with nothing to play for and it showed. Maddison again and that man Gray with a brace.

LEICESTER SECURE 3RD

A measure of revenge for the cup semi loss, or so I thought. We led 3-0 inside 10 minutes at Old Trafford. Then they battered us. Maddison is in great form and scored against Utd again. Vardy with a couple of goals again. As they didn’t beat us we managed to secure 3rd. City keep on dropping points. We might sneak 2nd. Liverpool and City to go.

April Review - We are doing enough to keep us up there. Really annoyed to miss out on a cup final. Maddison is player of the month.

May - Liverpool and City to play. Liverpool are Champions before we play them. We draw 0-0, then we batter City off their own patch 3-0. Leicester City finish 2nd!!! A magnificent effort by the lads.

In other news Liverpool complete a treble winning the FA Cup and the Champions League. We have the proud record of not losing to the eventual champions. Palace, Huddersfield and Cardiff go down, with Blackburn, Villa and Stoke promoted.
Goalscorer's at the end of the season.

Vardy - 23
Maddison - 15
Gray - 14
Pepe - 9
Tielemans - 9

End of season 1. Time for a break for the players. I won manager of the year by the way!

Season 2 Pre Season - Post #9

Well, how to improve on that...

For new readers, we finished 2nd in our 1st season behind runaway leaders Liverpool who incidentally completed a treble. The only way we could really top that season is by winning a trophy.

We do have a small issue that most of our squad is wanted. Bids come in for Chilwell, Maguire, Gray and others but they fortunately aren’t interested as most are from Arsenal who finished way down in 8th. However, PSG and Spurs are after a right back. Pereira and Mbabu at the top of the list for each so they could prove more difficult to fend off.

With the loans players returning to the club, this is the squad list we were left with. We brought 3 up from the younger sides, Peter Fitton, Callum Wright and Darnell Johnson. These guys will feature in the cups or likely go out on loan.

GK Schmeichel, Ward
RB Pereira, Mbabu, Johnson
LB Chilwell
CB Maguire, Benkovic
CB Evans, Soyuncu
DM Ndidi
CM Choudhury, Wright
CM Maddison, Silva, Fitton
RW Pepe, Barnes, Diabate
LW Gray, Marin
CF Vardy, Slimani, Semenyo, Iheanacho

So a bit of work to do on the squad. Tielemans going back to Monaco leaves a big hole in our midfield and we could do with a new left back and competition for Ndidi. Also we looked to move on several fringe players. The only player I am prepared to give a chance to upon returning from loan is Benkovic, everyone else is up for sale.

Outgoing Players

Islam Slimani - £5.5m to Fiorentina
Adrien Silva - £16m to Shakhtar
Fousseni Diabate - £0.9m to Rennes
Kevin Mbabu - £20.5m to PSG
Caglar Soyuncu - Loan to Porto
Wes Morgan - Free
Christian Fuchs - Free

Mostly good business from our point of view with the fringe players being moved on. Kevin Mbabu got very upset when I rejected an offer from Spurs. They wouldn't then meet the agreed asking price, but PSG did. Off you go. We have young Darnell Johnson as a back up RB so he will get more chances this way unless we bring in a new full back.

Incoming Players

We had a good transfer kitty, added to by the sale of players and we splashed the cash. Getting into the Champions League does no harm when it comes to signing players.

Donny van de Beek - £20m from Ajax. I'm thinking of trying Maddison as the DLP with DVDB as the attacking CM
Kieran Tierney - £22m from Celtic. Fearful of losing Chilwell so I got the next best thing. We will see if he can oust him as our main LB.
Sandro Tonali - £13.25m from Brescia. Because he's amazing. Will rotate in the DLP position.
Declan Rice - £15.5m (rising to £25.5m) for West Ham. Handed in a transfer request which was fortunate as at one point it was over £60m. Can also play CB which will be handy.
Gustav Isaksen - £0m from FC Midtjylland. A 5* winger from Denmark for free :).
Morgan Rogers - £0.5m for West Brom. Signed by our DoF and will play in our u18 side.
Anthony Hartigan - £2m from Wimbledon. Another signed by the DoF, will be loaned back to Wimbledon for the season.

So, we ended up with this as the squad

GK Schmeichel, Ward
RB Pereira, Johnson
LB Chilwell, Tierney
CB Maguire, Benkovic
CB Evans
DM Ndidi, Rice
CM Tonali, Choudhury
CM Maddison, van de Beek
RW Pepe, Barnes
LW Gray, Marin, Isaksen
CF Vardy, Semenyo, Iheanacho

July/August Friendlies

Some excellent results on our pre season tour of USA. The new players (especially the younger ones) are settling in well and performing.
A weird game against Chelsea for Andy King’s testimonial. He is out on loan and wasn’t part of the squad to play…

A thumping win to finish off pre season away at Udinese. Isaksen looks a find already highlighted by a 4 goal performance against Orlando.

Onto the serious stuff now, with the Community Shield final against Liverpool.

See you next time.

Last edited:
August and September Season 2 - Post #10

RELENTLESS LIVERPOOL

Our 1st loss against Liverpool in my time as manager. For 50 minutes we were atrocious, but we managed to draw level at 2-2. Debutante Justin Kluivert added his 2nd of the game in injury time to win the tie. It is technically a friendly but it would've been nice to win a trophy. Anyway, here we go with my new and improved side.

Start of the Premier League

Whatever happened to 3pm Saturday Kick offs.

2 tough home games in our 1st 4, and some tricky away games too.

Not quite as good of a start as last season but unbeaten after 3.

Against United, it was a game really without incident and it seemed both sides settles after about 70 mins.

Fulham were excellent compared to last season and deserved the win. Kelechi Iheanacho managed to drag us back into it late on. The new players are not yet settled and we are really missing Tielemans influence in the midfield.

We led against Spurs for a long time. Kane equalised with 5 minutes left and I’d already gone defensive with my subs. Fortunately, Spurs didn’t score a 2nd.

So, after 3 games, 3 draws and I was getting restless. To make things worse, Juventus come in with a low bid for Ricardo Pereira.
With the transfer window closed I’m forced to decline and Pereira is not happy. I expect this to rear its head again in January where I may need to make a signing.

ANOTHER CLASSIC AT ST. JAMES’ PARK

What is it about this place? Newcastle were well worth a point but fortunately Maddison added the 3rd goal quickly after the 2nd. Pepe with his 2nd of the season, hopefully he can go onto 20 goals this season. Benkovic gets his 1st goal for the club in his 1st start. Kasper Dolberg is certainly one we'll keep our eye on to see if he can cut it in the Premier League. Vardy isn't getting any younger and will need replacing soon.

August Review - Unbeaten but off the pace we sit in 9th place on 6 points. Liverpool are top and look to be the team to beat again. We have drawn Juventus, Lyon and Porto in the Champions League. Tough.

In terms of transfers, City took their 3rd place hard and spent big. Skriniar £107m, Dybala £96m and Iwobi for Ninety. Four. Million. Pounds.
Man Utd also went big, Chiesa £73m, De Ligt for £48.5m and Joao Felix £41.5m. Liverpool signed a couple of wingers in Kluivert and Zaha as Palace were relegated. Leicesters Player of the Month is James Maddison.

September - Can we get back on track?

3 Premier League games against Watford, Southampton and new boys Aston Villa We have a League Cup game against Brentford which should provide a good opportunity for players that haven’t played as much yet. Then the big one against Lyon, Leicester back in the Champions League. Leicester got to the 1/4 finals last time they were in it so can we emulate that achievement this time?

A superb performance to follow the win against Newcastle and maybe our team is starting to settle. Antonio Marin, starting on the left wing opens the scoring from a Ricardo cross. A Vardy pen and Maddison free kick kill the game by half time. Very pleasing and allowed us to chill in the 2nd half before Lyon away. Onto the Champions League.

Towards the end of last season I was wondering if the Champions League place had come a little early in this project. Away to Lyon is our 1st game. They seem to have kept most of their big players with Fekir particularly worrying me.

We started relatively defensively, taking my cue from Sir Alex in Europe. By half time we were doing well without really threatening. Certainly, what happened in the 2nd half was not expected.

We conceded from a set piece that bounced in off Pepe. Lyon then took control and put us to the sword. We have an issue now as I was hoping for points from the Lyon and Porto games as Juve are unlikely to offer us much.

We bounce back impressively. Goals from our now England international James Maddison and Jamie Vardy seal an excellent win away at Southampton.

I give Antoine Semenyo his 1st start for the club in the league cup and what a response from him. A hat trick. We led 3-0 and Brentford scored 2 late goals to make it interesting. We draw Liverpool at home in the 4th round so that may end our aspirations for another year.

Villa were swatted away and they sit bottom after 7 match days. Donny van de Beek got 2 goals after replacing Maddison in the side. I’m keen to find a way for them to both play in the same side. Semenyo got another goal from the bench, a real prospect on our hands.

September Review - An excellent month for us domestically winning all of our games pretty convincingly. A horror 2nd half against Lyon but we will look to bounce back. Just the small matter of Cristiano and Juve at home next. We’ve clawed our way back to 3rd place in the league. Player of the month is Antoine Semenyo for his 4 goals in 2 appearances.

Congratulations on the second place and reaching the Champions League in the first season!

I have a suggestion, why not use a logo pack?

Congratulations on the second place and reaching the Champions League in the first season!

I have a suggestion, why not use a logo pack?

Haven't really considered it if I'm honest. Could I add it to this particular save or would it only apply to new ones?

The logo packs work instantly on a save if you add them. In case you don't know already, they're easy to install off several websites and they're plenty of instructional videos on how to put them onto the game. Also, congratulations on a great first season and best of luck for this one.

The logo packs work instantly on a save if you add them. In case you don't know already, they're easy to install off several websites and they're plenty of instructional videos on how to put them onto the game. Also, congratulations on a great first season and best of luck for this one.

Thanks, I've played a bit ahead (3rd Season) but will add next time I get on. You should see the changes about half way through season 3

October, November and December - Season 2 - Post #11

October - 2 Champions League games at Home to Juve and Porto (A). League games in Lancashire against newcomers Blackburn and old rivals Burnley in between. We end the month with a double header against Liverpool at home. First in the league, then the league cup. On paper a very tough month.

I’m contemplating a change of format and will be adding more squad detail to the posts.

THE CHAMPIONSSSSSSSS, DU DU DU DU DU.

Juventus come to the King Power Stadium. They’ve picked a strong side in a 523 formation. Cristiano on the left wing with Barella and Pjanic as the midfield 2.

We line up in a 433: Schmeichel; Pereira, Benkovic, Maguire, Chilwell; Ndidi, Maddison, van de Beek; Pepe, Gray, Vardy
Substitutes: Evans, Tierney, Choudhury, Rice, Tonali, Marin, Sememyo

We start the game on fire, Juventus rather surprisingly start quite defensively and we pressure deep in their half. A ball wide from Maddison finds Chilwell on the byline. He cuts back for Vardy to strike which is saved well. The ball rebounds to Pepe who taps in. 1-0, 3’ on the clock. He would go off injured after 30 mins however.

By half time, Juventus have had one shot on goal to our 11. Cristiano is playing a 6.2.

More of the same in the 2nd half but Ronaldo has gone up top now. Maguire and Benkovic marshal him well. We get a corner on the hour, Maddison swings in from the left, Benkovic header which bounced off the bar onto Pjanic and in. 2-0 Leicester. We make changes with Rice and Choudhury on for van de Beek and Maddison to solidify us. It works and we win 2-0. A magnificent result and we are right back in the group.

MOM is Filip Benkovic

A few changes made for the visit to Blackburn, notably Jamie Vardy left on the bench for Antoine Semenyo. Blackburn are sat in 18th position but will provide a test for Leicester.

433 as usual: Schmeichel; Pereira, Evans, Benkovic, Tierney; Rice, Tonali, Maddison; Marin, Gray, Semenyo
Substitutes: Maguire, Chilwell, Choudhury, Ndidi, van de Beek, Pepe, Vardy

A solid/unsolid win. Semenyo got us off to a flyer but we didn’t press home our advantage. 1-0 seems precarious but Blackburn failed to register a shot. A great performance from our young side.

Antoine Semenyo MOM

An international break followed the game so we have a couple of weeks to recuperate before we head back north for the Burnley game.
Another changed side for this one as I wanted a few more seasoned pros in the squad.

433: Schmeichel; Pereira, Benkovic, Maguire, Chilwell; Ndidi, Choudhury, Maddison, Iheanacho, Gray, Varde
Subs: Evans, Tierney, Tonali, Rice, van de Beek, Pepe, Semenyo

Burnley, Burnley, Burnley, when will you learn. They sat back, we go 2-0 up, they attack. If they came at me in a game I’ve no doubt they would win. 2-0 after half an hour through the recalled Iheanacho and the main man Maddison. Burnley scored on half time but we were always seemingly in control. No goals in the 2nd half. I’ve included an example of our average positions compared to Burnley.

MOM James Maddison

Porto at home next in the Champions League. A win would really set us up to qualify for at least the Europa League which I feel is more our level at this point.

We were the dominant side but Porto were very good defensively. I probably made an error in selection with a young front line. Vardy and Gray were not able to open the Portuguese up. Worryingly, Gray is yet to score this season after getting 14 last. So 4 points after 3 match days. We have 2 away games left which puts us in a precarious position.

MOM Filip Benkovic

Match day 10 in the Premier League and we welcome champions Liverpool. They are also top of the league at this time and have yet to lose like us. Someones 0, has to go, unless it's a draw. Which I think we would have taken before a ball was kicked.

We go into the game full strength after resting 1 or 2 for the Porto game. Would the decision be a good one?

433: Schmeichel; Pereira, Benkovic, Maguire, Chilwell; Rice, Tonale, van de Beek: Pepe, Gray, Vardy
Subs: Evans, Tierney, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Semenyo, Maddison, Barnes

A fantastic performance against Liverpool to keep our unbeaten run going and end theirs. Vardy scored early from a cross from Pereira. Liverpool upped the anti and Salah equalised after 16 minutes. Both sides were going at each other and it showed in possession and shots stats being even. We made changes during the 2nd half as did Liverpool to try and find the 2nd goal. That 2nd goal did come for us, Vardy pushed in the box and after a check with VAR, penalty given. Vardy stepped up and smashed it, 2-1 Leicester.

Liverpool pushed to the end of the game but couldn’t find the goal. Magnificent boys!

Vardy MOM

Liverpool again, same result. To be fair they sent a reserve side for the League Cup game although Wilf Zaha was part of the starting XI. We included youngsters Isaksen, Rogers and Fitton on the bench.

Antoine Semenyo got the only goal of the game and we were comfortable winners in the end. We draw Chelsea in the 1/4's, the game is in December.

433: Schmiechal; Johnson, Evans, Maguire, Tierney; Ndidi, Tonali, Maddison; Iheanacho, Marin, Semenyo
Subs: Benkovic, Chilwell, Rice, Isaksen, Rogers, Barnes, Fitton

October Review - Unbeaten in the league and through in the cup. Beating Liverpool twice is great for our confidence. The Champions League is still in the balance but we must win at least 1 of our final 3 games to stand a chance in a tough group. Pereira probably deserves player of the month, he has been consistent and seems to have put the disappointment of a failed transfer behind him. I won manager of the month for October.

November - We sit 3rd in the league behind Liverpool and Man Utd so still above expectations. The fixtures for the month however are tough. Lots of TV coverage though…

4 games in the league and 2 in the Champions League. No games to rest anyone in the 1st 5 here so could be some tired legs by the time we play Stoke at the end of the month. Realistically we are hoping for 6 points in the league and maybe 4 in the Champions League. In spite of what we did last year I’m not expecting to smash City again.

My fears were right, although it wasn’t all one way traffic. We had more possession and shots at goal. Aguero is a maestro though and put City ahead. Silva killed the game late on as we pushed for an equaliser. Our 1st loss of the season.

451: Schmeichel; Pereira, Benkovic, Maguire, Chilwell; Ndidi, Pepe, Tonali, van de Beek, Marin; Vardy.
Subs: Evans, Rice, Tierney, Iheanacho, Maddison, Gray, Semenyo

Match day 4 of the Champions League and Porto away. Having drawn 0-0 with them at home it was imperative that we got a result.

We had a mad 10 minutes which cost us. Once again we were a match but gave away a soft goal. Then a Vardy sending off, then a 2nd goal on half time.

A 3rd Porto goal followed before they took their foot off the gas. We scored a couple of late goals and might have equalised but it wasn’t to be. We now had 4 points from 4 games. Lyon (H) and Juve (A) left.

Time to get back on track, oh wait, it’s Chelsea and Eden Hazard.

We went back to our 433 formation moving the wingers higher up the pitch.

Schmeichel; Pereira, Benkovic, Maguire, Chilwell: Ndidi, Tonali, Maddison; Pepe, Gray, Vardy
Subs: Evans, Rice, Tierney, Iheanacho, van de Beek, Marin, Semenyo

A very close game but we nudge in front thanks to Vardy. A shot from Pepe is spilt and Vardy pounces to tap in. Chelsea ramp up the pressure after half time and finally equalise through Jorginho. We’ve changed some of the attacking positions and van de Peek steals in deep into injury time to win it.

MOM Jamie Vardy for a tireless display.

Arsenal next up away. We reverted back to the 451 to solidify us. We haven’t been scoring as many this year so clean sheets are doubly important.

We got our wish and frustrated Arsenal from 1-90.

Nothing to choose between the 3 but joint MOM Pereira, Benkovic and Maguire.

451: Schmeichel; Pereira, Benkovic, Maguire, Tierney; Rice, Pepe, Maddison, van de Beek, Gray; Vardy
Subs: Evans, Ndidi, Chilwell, Iheanacho, Tonali, Barnes, Semenyo

After 13 match days were are in 4th place on 28 points. Another Champions League game next, Lyon at home.

We conceded the 1st goal here and really struggled to get back into the game. Lyon didn’t offer much after going 1-0 up and we laboured for much of the game. The penalty was a stupid push and Maddison converted from the spot.

We really missed Vardy who was suspended from the Porto game.

Without the win, we can no longer win the group. We go into the final round of fixtures bottom but still with a chance.
Lyon 8pts, Juve 7pts, Porto 7pts, Leicester 5pts

We need a Lyon win and to beat Juve to go through. We need a win regardless to stay in Europe.

MOM James Maddison but we were poor overall.

Stoke at home to finish off the month. Schmeichel has picked up an injury and will be out for 3-4 weeks. Danny Ward will step in to replace him.

433: Ward; Johnson, Evans, Maguire, Tierney, Ndidi, Choudhury, Maddison, Pepe, Marin, Vardy
Subs: Benkovic, Rice, Gray, Chilwell, Tonali, Barnes, Semenyo

Badou Ndiaye scores a 25 yarder to put our boys on the back foot. We do nothing until half time and I actually have to dish out a bollocking.
It does the trick and we come out flying in the 2nd period. A pen from Vardy and a Pepe goal get us in front. A Tonali edge of the boxer gives us breathing space. He could be the man to replace Tielemans if he keeps doing that.

Stoke get a consolation through Clark but the game is done.

Goal and assist, Nicolas Pepe MOM.

November Review - A real mixed bag but there were some tough games in there. We are virtually out of Europe unless we can perform a miracle in Turin on match day 6. We are up to 3rd (31pts) after 14 match days. Liverpool and Man Utd still slug it out at the top. Player of the month, James Maddison.

December - A busy month which includes no less than 6 Premier League games, my final Champions League group game and a League Cup 1/4 final away at Chelsea. I’m also set to go to Old Trafford and Goodison Park over Christmas.

In an ideal world, we will take 12 points from our 6 Premier League games, Everton and United away are tough and Bournemouth and West Ham are too. Wolves and Brighton should mean home wins.

Perfect start to December for the Foxes. Goals late in each half of a keenly contested game. Our defenders came out on top.

451: Ward; Pereira, Benkovic, Maguire, Chilwell; Rice, Pepe, Maddison, van de Beek, Gray; Vardy
Subs: Evans, Tierney, Ndidi, Marin, Tonali, Barnes, Semenyo

Tough call between our defenders and van de Peek, but Maguire gets it for a goal and a shut out. MOM.

Business as usual against Wolves. Not sure why we are so comfortable against them but we dominated form minute 1. Vardy with goals either side of half time gave us an easy win.

433: Ward; Pereira, Benkovic, Evans, Tierney, Ndidi, Tonali, Maddison, Pepe, Barnes, Vardy
Subs: Choudhury, Chilwell, Rice, Marin, van de Beek, Gray, Semenyo

MOM - Vardy again with special mention to out boys at the back with back to back cleano’s.

The Champions……..

We are welcomed to Turin knowing a win is a must. I rested a few in anticipation of this game. We started with a slightly more defensive outlook. A 1-0 would be good enough to get at least 3rd.

451: Ward; Pereira, Benkovic, Maguire, Chilwell; Rice, Pepe, Maddison, van de Beek, Barnes; Vardy
Subs: Evans, Tierney, Ndidi, Marin, Tonali, Gray, Semenyo

Well, it backfired massively going defensive as we were peppered. Barella scored after 6 minutes with Ronaldo adding a 2nd just after the half hour. I felt like Burnley but had to gamble as my plan had gone. I brought off Pereira for Gray with Barnes going to RB. Soon after half time Tonali came on for Maddison and Semenyo on for Vardy. It seemed to do the trick, Juve were content with 2-0 and hitting on the break. Donny van de Beek got one back after 57 mins, and we were flying. Pepe was making recoveries and driving runs seemingly every highlight.
Then we won a penalty. No Vardy, no Maddison on the pitch to take the responsibility fell to Pepe in the 74th minute.
Poor guy missed, devastated.

Tonali rifled a 20 yarder after a corner had been cleared in the 84th minute. They held on, we finish 4th and are out of Europe at the 1st hurdle. Gutted.

Lyon - 9
Juventus - 8
Porto - 8
Leicester - 6

Only 6 goals scored in our campaign which was our real downfall. We aren’t scoring as many this season full stop.
That sparked a run of form which I hadn’t seen before in this group.

5 games, 5 losses and 2 goals in that time. Before the Bournemouth game I didn’t think we’d need different players but that has changed my mind. We were actually unlucky at B’mouth and Chelsea, but atrocious at Utd and Everton. As for Brighton, I made changes and it seemed to work. We had 26 shots to Brighton's 1. Sorry Leicester fans, I know what its like to be **** over Christmas.

December review. Out of 2 competitions and fell away in the league. Here is the league at the half way point which was just after the Everton game. Man Utd still unbeaten but only 2 points clear of Liverpool. We are sat just behind the next 2 sides, Chelsea and Man City being managed by Sarri and Allegri respectively.

Last edited: