iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
I have decided to create a thread for people to provide us all with little tips they have for FM20 that they might not feel are worthy of an entire thread themselves.

The one that I will start with, is remember to use training! I have seen lots of people (including myself) complaining of how poor 1v1s and finishing in general in this game, however, I decided to focus more on training, and just spammed it with as many "Chance Conversion" sessions. The screenshot below shows the results so far. The first 3 are before the training changes.

Fixtures.PNG

As you can see, its been a massive improvement so far!

Seems pretty weird to me. A couple of training sessions directly affecting next matches... Your players wouldn't even have a chance to get a bump to stats in such a short time.

What a strange game we're living in!....

I still want to try and see. Can you show me what those "Chance Conversion" sessions are and under which category?

Seems pretty weird to me. A couple of training sessions directly affecting next matches... Your players wouldn't even have a chance to get a bump to stats in such a short time.

I still want to try and see. Can you show me what those "Chance Conversion" sessions are and under which category?
It's under "Technical", but it doesn't affect upcoming matches. It trains Attributes, so don't expect finishing to improve overnight.

It's under "Technical", but it doesn't affect upcoming matches. It trains Attributes, so don't expect finishing to improve overnight.

The OP claims he has seen instant results... So.... Kinda unbelievable.

Training sessions will 100% effect the next matches. Just like in real life, if you have a hard game coming up in real life, you practice your defensive shape all week to ensure you are solid in the next game.

It seems weird that I have to show my 19 finishing and 18 composure striker how to hit the ball on target. Is that training part of match preparation or is it just attribute boost. If its former, then it makes a lot of sense.

I would say its match prep. I agree you shouldnt have to do it, but with the game in its buggy state with finishing, it has helped me out.

Yeah, I just loaded FM to test it. Will run 2 session before the game just to see if there's something to it for me.

Man Utd v SL Benfica_ Review.png

Yeah, its not working for me. Still main source of goals are pens and own goals.

Thats a shame. It seems to work quite nicely for me. Whenever I forget to change it for the week I always notice us scoring less! Maybe give it a couple of games see how it goes.