FM20: Who Should I Manage?

Looking for a new save.
Bought the game in late december, and I'm yet to find a team that intrigues me.
I'm a huge Barcelona fan, and love their style of play, plus the philosophy of bringing young talent through the ranks.
Therefor I'm looking for a side that either currently possesses the type of players to play the Barca-way, or has the budget to bring in some interesting names.
Also I'd prefer the youth facilities to be good, if not better.
I don't have a preferred league or nation.
Thank you for your help in advance.

I need help with choosing a new club.
Am abit tired of the biggest leagues and wanted a smaller club with good youth system , in smaller leagues.

The ones im considering is
Slovan Bratislava
Red Star Belgrade
Shakthar Donetsk
Dinamo Zagreb

Steaua Bucarest

Does anyone got experience in those Eastern leagues ? Are they fun ?
Give Viitorul Constanta in Romania a shot. It's the club that Gheorghe Hagi's youth academy feeds into.

Looking for a new save.
Bought the game in late december, and I'm yet to find a team that intrigues me.
I'm a huge Barcelona fan, and love their style of play, plus the philosophy of bringing young talent through the ranks.
Therefor I'm looking for a side that either currently possesses the type of players to play the Barca-way, or has the budget to bring in some interesting names.
Also I'd prefer the youth facilities to be good, if not better.
I don't have a preferred league or nation.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Not sure where they sit exactly in terms of transfer budgets, but both Lyon and Athletic Bilbao would have great youth set ups to start you off and a fairly good amount to spend. Obviously Athletic would limit you with only signing Basque players but you could have some great youth players to build an identity with. Also someone like Porto, Benfica or Sporting would be similar. If you don't start with much money there will always be a player you can sell off to generate funds.

Or if you want to go really big budget then Man City, PSG and Bayern might work. Although i'm not sure what the current not sure what the current club philosophy at PSG might be like.

Do you have good challenges ideas?
And by challenges, I don't mean a team, but a way of playing. Like the "Youth to Gold) (can only buy teenagers, can't play 30+yo), or sporting director,...

And by challenges, I don't mean a team, but a way of playing. Like the "Youth to Gold) (can only buy teenagers, can't play 30+yo), or sporting director,...

There are plenty out there. You could try only signing young players. Only signing free transfers. Giving all transfer responsibility over to you director of football. Or the nationalist challenge where you have to only sign players from the country the club is based. Slowly converting the club so that all the players are local whilst maintaining success.

I've just completed a challenge for myself on FM2019 going from Salford City to one of the big two Manchester Clubs. Starting without any rep and no coaching badges, not difficult maybe but I'm already working on the next challenge a location challenge based in Yorkshire, where by you start with one of the lowest clubs in the Yorkshire region and having to work your way up to wining everything in Club football with only Yorkshire based clubs. It's not as easy as it looks especially when you can also only sign players born in Yorkshire.

Hello everyone,
I've decided on an idea regarding a new save, but don't excatly know which club to use.

The idea of the save is basic.
I can't sign players older than 19, and I can't use players older than 25.

Therefor I'm looking for clubs with good youngsters, and a relatively young average age.
Currently thinking of using RB Leipzig, but if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Evening all,

Been out of the game for a good while now. Any suggestions on a save, not looking for the most difficult challenge just a team that fun that’ll get me back into the game?

Thanks

Evening all,

Been out of the game for a good while now. Any suggestions on a save, not looking for the most difficult challenge just a team that fun that’ll get me back into the game?

Thanks
Any of the top 10 minus Bayern in the Bundesliga (especially now the game has the licensing). I'd recommend either Bayer Leverkusen or RB Leipzig.
Outside of the major leagues you could look at Celtic, Ajax/PSV/Malmo/Kobenhavn who can all be relatively simple domestically but face challenges in Europe.

I have been streaming my Liechtenstein Challenge on Twitch and posting regular updates on YouTube for a couple of weeks. One of the most common questions I get asked is... Who should I manage?

With that in mind, I thought I'd make a YT video with 8 challenge ideas for people to test their skills. This should offer something for everyone whether you like long term careers, single club careers, multi-club careers, super hard challenges, shorter term challenges, lower league management, obscure leagues, I am confident something in this will give you an idea for your next FM20 career save.

8 awesome challenge ideas for FM20

I moved celtic and ramagers into championship... Currently in 3rd season with celtic, won championship, then 7th in pl... Its a fun challenge but might start something else soon... Any suggestions?

Been playing non-stop the last month on a save with FC Andorra, just finished my seventh season and I'm a bit tired of it. Looking for a youth challenge of some kind but can't really decide what team. At the moment, I'm thinking something in the terms of taking a club with an exceptional academy, Atalanta for example, and try to take them to stardom by relying heavily on homegrown players and only buy Italian youngsters or players under 18. Problem is, since they're already quite established, board is probably gonna count on us to challenge in the top early on, while I would prefer a team where I can build and develop without the immediate pressure to challenge for CL/title. Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be the scenario I described, as long as it involves youth and academy.

Been playing non-stop the last month on a save with FC Andorra, just finished my seventh season and I'm a bit tired of it. Looking for a youth challenge of some kind but can't really decide what team. At the moment, I'm thinking something in the terms of taking a club with an exceptional academy, Atalanta for example, and try to take them to stardom by relying heavily on homegrown players and only buy Italian youngsters or players under 18. Problem is, since they're already quite established, board is probably gonna count on us to challenge in the top early on, while I would prefer a team where I can build and develop without the immediate pressure to challenge for CL/title. Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be the scenario I described, as long as it involves youth and academy.
Athletic Bilbao only uses players who are Basque, or were trained in the Basque region of Spain. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's quite the feat if you can overcome the riches of Barcelona, Atletico, and Real exclusively with home-grown players.

Athletic Bilbao only uses players who are Basque, or were trained in the Basque region of Spain. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's quite the feat if you can overcome the riches of Barcelona, Atletico, and Real exclusively with home-grown players.

Was thinking of that at first too, but figured I needed a break from the spanish league system completely. Settled for Midtjylland now, gonna try making them a european contender through their state of the art-academy.

You should try Hajduk Split in Croatia ?? To try and stop fierce rivals Dinamo Zagreb dominance! And bring split back to European competition! You will be playing out of the National stadium ? in split where the Croatian national team play at a top stadium with good facilities 35.000 seater stadium and in a football mad city with great potential for finding the next Corat Modric, Rakitic or Perisic! it going to be very hard

You should try Hajduk Split in Croatia ?? To try and stop fierce rivals Dinamo Zagreb dominance! And bring split back to European competition! You will be playing out of the National stadium ? in split where the Croatian national team play at a top stadium with good facilities 35.000 seater stadium and in a football mad city with great potential for finding the next Corat Modric, Rakitic or Perisic! it going to be very hard

Attachments

• AF57B4FF-4194-4855-8662-197D09F7F82B.jpeg
    AF57B4FF-4194-4855-8662-197D09F7F82B.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 102
AshWaters123#0396 discord

would anyone like to play a draft with me and 2 other players

Any suggestions for an easy save?

I've been playing for years but I just cannot get the hang of this game, i'm desperate for help. FM17's the only one where I ever had anything even resembling a successful save, even then I won **** all.

Any suggestions for an easy save?

I've been playing for years but I just cannot get the hang of this game, i'm desperate for help. FM17's the only one where I ever had anything even resembling a successful save, even then I won **** all.

Celtic or PSG would spring to mind as the easiest possible in terms of league games at least. But with a good challenge of finally doing something in Europe. PSG would have the advantage of a ton of money, way more than anyone they'll face domestically.

Similar games to be found in some of europe's smaller leagues too where 1 team dominates domestically but there's a good challenge on the continent. Might give you that chance to stroll a league at home and get your eye in whilst also having at least some decent challenge elsewhere.