FM2010 memory warning

Oscar79

Reaction score
FM 2010 is running dangerously low on memory. Please quit and free up some memory.

WHAT IS THIS? My laptop is brand new with 1TB memory. I've played for a while then this message came up. And the game just quit. Has somebody seen this while playing? Please help!

FM 2010 is running dangerously low on memory. Please quit and free up some memory.

WHAT IS THIS? My laptop is brand new with 1TB memory. I've played for a while then this message came up. And the game just quit. Has somebody seen this while playing? Please help!

1TB memory? Do you mean GB or storage space? On my old crappy PC i gave just 512 mb of memory and about 15 into the games i get a little system popup saying i'm low on memory but thats it.

Here is a little program to improve your pc performance.

Game Booster is an easy-to-use program that shuts down unnecessary system processes in order to improve the performance of games

Download from here: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

memory as in RAM mate. 1TB is your hard drive.

what OS are you running? using vista on anything less than 2gb of ram will struggle to run fm

I have Windows 7 (I upgraded from Vista, its well worth it) and i have run FM09 & 10 without the 3D Match Engine, on 1gb of RAM

Thanks for the quick replays! 1TB in my hard drive. Don't know how much RAM memory. Don't think it should be a problem as the laptop is brand new. I played FM09 on my old laptop without any problems. Is this the RAM memory ? 4096 Mb (2 x 2048 Mb) or 8 Gb:n DDR2-memory?

Zagallo: Thanks! I shall try your link.

are you on the latest patch? beofre the first patch was out the game was prone to memory leaks and crashes.

update it here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1496

yea that sounds like u have 4gb of ram, which is plenty. are you running any other programs while palying fm? msn and bbc iplayer are big culpirts for memory theft, as is itunes. are there any background events going on? eg virus scans/windows defender etc?

press ctrl+alt+delte to open task manager. go to processes and end anything you dont need. dont touch naything unfamilair, but if it says itunes then close it. you may wish to laso right click fm.exe and up the priority to high, this amy run thr gmae a bit faster :)

Last edited:
System restore to a date when the game worked fine. There is already a thread about this issue.

jdm0388: Big thank you to you mate!!!

My laptop is brand new and i haven't connected it to the internet just yet. But i will download the link you attached. I've bought the game so i probably need to download the latest patch. It's frustrating when i really want to play and the game's not working properly.

yes i got this error - i played the game at 5pm and it worked fine then tried to load back up at 7pm and it said this error message - definately not your PC if you were always able to play it before , system restore resolved my issue to i rolled it back 1 day and it worked fine.