TrueGooner

Reaction score
Does anyone know why this deal will not go through?
I have offered 27m up front and 55m in 36 months
I have 31 mil in bank , how much more do I need for it to go through? I can seel players btw and board will give me extra money.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

anyone?

u need the total amount payable as transfer funds now

So though I offer 27 mil up front and 55 over 36 months
I need to have the whole 82 mil in the bank already?

yea/ otherwise where is the extra 55million going to come from?

you can get round it sometimes by offering 55 million after 30 league goals or international apps, but the club doesnt always accept. this way you dont need the 55 million in your budget at the time. but when the sum does come out your bacnk, perhaps in 2 or 3 years, your finances will nose dive

So what the point of having the option of offering 55 over 36 months?
You have the money but it pay it slowly? If so how slowly?

because it means you can keep some of those millions in your bank account for longer, and so making interest for your club, rather than giving them 80 odd mill straight away so they can have it all and make shed loads of interest.

the budget you are given is the only money you can spend, unless you budget adjust and/or sell players.

if i had a tenner in my pocket and i wanted to buy your ipod off you, i couldnt go, ill give you ten quid now and 50 quid over the next 12 months, becuase you will go, where is the 50 quid coming from then?

Last edited:
actually, you don't need all of the funds for the deal to go through, since your club can have monthly losses. It simply contributes to it, and you risk going into administration, example: Portsmouth today.

Since you offered 27 million up front, you only have 4 million left over in the bank. And then you need to pay 55 million over 36 months, which is ~1.5 million a month. From my experience, you need to also have enough money in the balance to pay off the first few months of the deal. with that amount, ull be able to pay off the next 2 months and then your club hits high risk and its not worth it.

as far as I was aware the value of the transfer and subsequent system acceptance, was relative to your overall bank balance, not your transfer budget.....

Also, if you offer no money up front, then offered 80mil over X months, when the transfer completes, you only lose 50% of what you offered ie : 40mil off of budget. But again, you have to watch out, monthly payments of that size will crush you....it's better to try to manage it for short term payments, especially in the January window, as 6 months will get you to your new start of season income.....