Crayth

**** ON THE CITY!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have searched around on the internet endlessly trying to resolve this error and it worked, I re-installed Steam like it said, as the boxes were ALL unchecked on the 'Compatibility' tab and it worked. FM12 began running as normal, however I closed my save and tried to open FM12 to continue with it this morning and it's gone back to the same error.

I did check the boxes again, just in case but is there any other problems people have come across? I reinstalled Steam only a few days ago, so I don't want this error to keep on happening...

Thanks for any help given,
Danny'

restart your pc or log off mate :) task manager and end the process as well normally works :) if I understand your problem correctly :)

Thanks for the help man,
I can end the process but it won't load up, it just runs in the background if you know what I mean? And I've tried to the two 'known' ways of fixing the error and neither of them seem to work, I reinstalled Steam and that worked and I could open it once but the next time I tried to do it 'FM12 is already running'.

Thanks for the help Raikan:)

have you verified game cache?

You should also start a thread in the SI forums.

Yeah I verified it, and everything was fine, don't know whats happening.

Try turning off steam opening on start up, might help...

go to the 'process' tab on task manager and end it there

Hello,
i have just got fm12 and
i have downloaded steam, i have downloaded fm12, but when i go to play it, a error messgae appears and says that the game is already running. But i cant see a game running. also i have tried whole ctr+alt+del thing and closing fm.dxe but still nothing. Can you give me any advice pls. i am desperate.