herbertmoon

Reaction score
Greetings. I am about to have my first run-through of FM2013. I used to be play FM2011 on and off. I used to be a MASSIVE football OCD anorak saddo, lost interest in football for a while but I feel the bug again a bit.
I also tend to micro-manage every tiny detail so might be a bit of time between matches, I don't know if this thread will be of much interest or not. However I feel it could be a useful place to pick up some pointers and get my thinking in order.

I am an old-school Italian when it comes to football management/tactics - highly influenced by Football Italia as a kid and the Italian game has shaped my football thinking for as long as I remember. I don't know if that mind-set will work in FM as even the Italians themselves seemed to have evolved.

I will start in the lower leagues of England or Britain/Ireland and try to work my way up the ladder. I'd like to stick to one club and build it up if possible.

The most frustrating part of the game for me was always the player interaction and the match-engine being too scripted. Hopefully these things aren't too noticeable this year.

I hope this thread proves useful.

Here are my first questions. Advise welcome.

1.How active is this forum and can I expect many replies to posts?
2.I like to play a defense first style of football. I can set up a team well so that it shouldn't concede all things being equal, but I am wondering how 'scripted' is the match engine this year, and whether the AI will score goals no matter how well the team is set up. I am aware that teams can concede, but how much of an influence is the random events/scripted aspects of the match engine? Is it less that 2011 for example?

The forum is very active is the answer to your first question, as far as conceding goes you will concede. Fm13 is loads harder than fm11 and the step up may be a shock.