jokermaxmen

Reaction score
Signed Marco Asensio in the first season because i knew he was a -9 potential world class player in future. The scout report at that time indicated 4 and half stars PA.

Currently in my 3rd season with him, his CA / PA / Recommendation both at 3 stars ( 2 grey stars )

1. Can he still improve to 4 and half stars PA as i hope he will in the beginning? Or it stuck at 3stars already because his PA said so. Did i do something wrong?

2. Does the star rating really reliable to determine a player? Alot of hidden gems that i check from various websites indicated 4 and half stars potential, but in my save they only have 3 and half stars PA. Some even went as far as " not a worthwhile signing" from my scout report.

Depends in your coaches/scouts PA/CA judging ability rating from out of 20.
Also it compares your players in the same position.

For example if you have a 5* player that plays in asensio's position then asensio will reach a similar quality to him.
Imo what matter is stats

Star rating is always relative to the other players in your team. So when you started out, his potential may have been to become a 4.5 star player relative to the rest of your team, but a few years down the track, having hit or come close to the potential, you probably have better players around him which means he doesn't stand out as much. Look at his attributes to judge his improvement