TheFM_Teacher

Frequent Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to the availability of The FM Editor's Engish Level 10 Database, I am able to start my FM21 save with Coventry Copsewood.

1607118072242.png

Full name: Coventry Copsewood Football Club
Nickname: Copses
Founded: 1922 (as Peel Connor)
Ground: Allard Way, Coventry
Capacity: 2,000
League: Midland Football League Division One

1607118205827.png

1607119048357.png

Coventry Copsewood F.C is the cub most local to where I live. The team play their home games at Allard Way, which is often used for local cup finals. Although around the pitch there is one small stand and a small covered shelter behind one goal. The team do have a large (for their level of football) two-storey clubhouse which they share with the other sports clubs which together make up the Copsewood Sports and Social Club. They also have the one of the highest number of teams entered in the Coventry Minor league teams ranging from u-7 to u-16.

History

Officially, the club was formed by employees of former telephone company Peel Connor. Peel Conner was a subsidiary of GEC and produced telephones and switchboards firstly in Salford, Manchester and then in Stoke, Coventry. Years of operation were 1908 to 1923. In 1923 the company was liquidated and all products were then produced under the GEC name. They played in the Coventry District League until 1926 when due to an amalgamation with Magnito Ltd, they were renamed Magnet FC. They continued playing under this name until 1934 when they changed again to GEC (Cov) FC. This name stuck for longer, lasting until the 1970s when they became GPT (Coventry) FC, and then changed again in 1999 to Marconi (Coventry) FC, and then when Marconi sold off their land in 2006, it became Coventry Copsewood FC.

1607119249060.png

1607119312192.png

1607119407310.png

The team are predicted to finish 17th in the Midlands Football League Division One. The board would like me to sign players under the age of 23 and be competitive in the league. The board also expect me to get to the Second Qualifying Round of the FA Vase and be competitive in the Midland Cup. We'll see how all of that goes, there is still pre-season to sort where I'll have the opportunity to build a tactic and bring in some players ready for the upcoming season.​

Upon taking over the club, before even undertaking the welcoming press conference I decided to review the club's staff. Well, let's just say it is me and presumably AI club chairman Kevin Jackson.

1607191144647.png
1607191070959.png

So, over the first few days, I'll need to recruit a bunch of new staff members.

When I attended the welcoming press conference, a total of one journalist decided to turn up. I'd like to thank Cedric Lambert from Eurosport for attending despite an abance of chairs being set out by the club's Press Officer, Aisha Atkinson. Naturally, I was asked questions about being a local and what my ambitions are for the club; the obvious lack of backroom staff and my own managerial style

1607192183675.png

1607192698182.png

Join me in the next update when I hope to be joined by more people at the club​

How you getting on that low down I think I am gonna do one with a team low league local to home maybe Abbey Hey or something

Have you managed to find any decent players for this level?

How you getting on that low down I think I am gonna do one with a team low league local to home maybe Abbey Hey or something

Have you managed to find any decent players for this level?
Not going to lie, it has been a challenge as it is quite literally like forming a new club. I've had to bring in new staff members, a plethora of new players etc. But, it'll be a challenge that I enjoy

I now have some friends! I have brought in a bunch of new staff members. All of the club's teams now have managers. We now have a Head of Youth Development, Head Performance Analyst as well as two coaches, a Head Physio. The most important addition for me is the Director of Football. I am not going to lie, managing at this level of football is a challenge. Finding players that want to play at this level has proven difficult. With that in mind, I have given the Director of Football the job of searching for players.

1607256997873.png

By giving the Director of Football the job of searching for players; come the end of pre-season I have been able to bring in a total of 16 players.

1607257313079.png

All players at this level join on amateur contracts meaning they are not paid. This does have its disadvantages in that the players are free to leave if a club approaches them.

Regardless of that fact, I am very proud of the players that I have been able to bring in considering the level of football that they'll be playing in. Some of the players that have been brought in started their careers at teams like Aston Villa, West Brom, Liverpool, Everton, AFC Wimbledon, Hull, QPR

Cameron Walker_ Profile.png

George Withe_ Profile.png

Jack Coates_ Profile.png
Jack Watts_ Profile.png
Jake Buckle_ Profile.png
Joe McWilliam_ Profile.png
Manny Akiotu_ Profile.png
Nathan Corkery_ Profile.png

So, you're probably thinking now you've brought in some players but how has the club's pre-season actually gone?

1607257985129.png

We played a total of five matches, one of them being a testimonial for veteran Craig Civzelis. The testimonial took place against Atherstone Town Community. 120 fans turned out for this match which ended 3-2 to Atherstone Town Community. The next game saw a local rivalry with Coventry Copsewood taking on Coventry Sphinx in a match that saw a total of seven goals Coventry Sphinx coming out on top 4-3. I should note that in the first two games not many of the players that I have brought in had joined the club. Once the players had joined the final three games went better. We played Bishop's Stortford Under 23s in a game that ended 6-2 to Coventry Copsewood, then we played and beat Cirencester Town Under 23s 3-0. Finally, we played Wem Town in a game that ended 2-0 to Coventry Copsewood.

In the first game of the season, we will play Huntingdon Town in the First Qualifying Round of the Buildbase FA Vase

1607258629218.png

Attachments

• George Withe_ Profile.png
    George Withe_ Profile.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 57