18.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 6.png
    6.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 7.png
    7.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: MD
I'm a few years into a save where I just took over a Real Betis in relegation battle. They where at 17th place and struggling. I installed this tactic immediatly. As you can se from below, from our first match against Elche at December 4th, wow. We didn't do great in the cups, but i think that comes down to rotations etc. Safe to say Betis is now out of the relegation battle and we find ourselves in contention for a spot in the Champions League.

I made a couple of minor tweaks on the tactic:
- Playing away against equal or better opposition I've changed the mentality to "cautious" from the start, and change depending on how the match progress. I've also done this home against Real Madrid.
- Removed "Dribble more" from Carvalho at DM.
- As i don't have any natural left backs, I've changed instructions for my starting left back, Luis, to be more suitable for his abilities - FB (support).

So far the tactic has been solid in defence and great in attack. My two BPD, usually Edgar and Verissimo, are scoring a decent amount of goals at corner kicks. Iglesias is scoring for fun as an AF (attack) and Fekir is doing what Fekir does, delivering goals and assists every game.

The tactis tends to focus a lot on delivering crosses, which seems to suit Iglesias. Not an overly possession-based tactic, but we usually end up at 50/50 - depending on the opposition.

The only negative so far, is that I can't get my wingers to deliver consistent perfomances. They are often the ones with the lowest ratings. Maybe I'm using the wrong type of wingers? From what I can tell the tactic should suit traditional wingers (pace, dribbling and crossing), which I have, but still..

1-12-24.jpg
League progress.

16-3-25 Schedule part 1 of season (pre take over).jpg16-5-25 Schedule part 2.jpg
Part 1 and 2 of the season, including "pre take over".

16-3-25 Squad.jpg16-3-25 Tactics.jpg
Squad and tactics.

Not that great squad, really lacking in a few positions - at left back where there was zero options, only one goalkeeper etc. They still had Nabil Fekir though. At the winter transfer window I didn't really have a lot to play with. Other than a young talented midfielder (Resch), I brought in four loans; Nicolas de la Cruz (winger), Rodri (winger), Fer Nino (Striker) and Daam Foulon (left back). I also brought Rebollo (GK) up from the reserves. Foulon has been injured since he got here..

16-3-25 Luis.jpg
My left back. As you can see - not that great attributes.

16-3-25 Iglesias.jpg
My man, Iglesias.

I'm excited to see if this form can keep on going. The team seems unstoppable with this tactic.

The only negative so far, is that I can't get my wingers to deliver consistent perfomances. They are often the ones with the lowest ratings. Maybe I'm using the wrong type of wingers? From what I can tell the tactic should suit traditional wingers (pace, dribbling and crossing), which I have, but still..

Try playing the wingers on the opposite flanks to their preferred foot. I've had issues getting performances out of the winger role this year too when they're playing as intended (same foot as side)

Tip - One of your wingers should be a good set piece taker, that helps with ratings as crosses from corners count as key passes and they'll score freekicks every now and then