FM22 - A Red Star Belgrade Story

1649669946942.png

SERBIA

Friendly
japan.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Milenkovic (Gajic), Kovacevic, Pavlovic (Markovic), Ristic (Terzic), Ilic, S.Milinkovic-Savic*, Kabic, Stojic (Lukic), Gavric (Mituljikic), Vlahovic

A good win. Milinkovic-Savic and Vlahovic scored 2 goals each and Gavric had one chalked off.

--

Friendly
brazil.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Gajic (Markovic), Kovacevic, Pavlovic (Maras), Ristic, Ilic, S.Milinkovic-Savic (Racic), Kabic (Mituljikic), Stojic (Lukic), Gavric*, Vlahovic (Jovic)

I am delighted with this result! I didnt think we had a chance but Gavric put us ahead and then got a late equaliser as we stunned Brazil. They were by far the better team but we didnt give up and we go into the World Cup in a good place.

--

1649671435112.png

SQUAD FOR WORLD CUP

Goalkeepers

Milos Gordic (Red Star Belgrade)
Vanja Milinkovic-Savic (Torino)
Predrag Rajkovic (Stade Reims)
Mile Svilar (Benfica)

Defenders

Milan Gajic (Lens)
Bojan Kovacevic (Manchester City)
Nikola Maras (Villarreal)
Svetozar Markovic (Red Star Belgrade)
Nikola Milenkovic (Atletico Madrid)
Strahinja Pavlovic, (Red Star Belgrade)
Mihailo Ristic (Red Star Belgrade)

Aleksa Terzic (Al-Ittihad)

Midfielders

Zeljko Gavric (Red Star Belgrade)
Marko Grujic (FC Porto)
Ivan Ilic (Chelsea)
Uros Kabic (Chelsea)
Sasa Lukic (Torino)
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Chelsea)
Jovan Mituljikic (Red Star Belgrade)
Uros Racic (Red Star Belgrade)
Rodoljub Stojic (Red Star Belgrade)

Forwards

Luka Jovic (Real Madrid)
Dusan Vlahovic (Manchester City)

--

1649671378673.png

FIFA World Cup Group D
china.png

Lineup - Gordic, Markovic, Kovacevic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Terzic), Ilic, S.Milinkovic-Savic*, Kabic, Stojic (Lukic), Gavric (Mituljikic), Vlahovic

I am disappointed that we conceded 2 goals here but this win all but secures our place in the knockout rounds as I cant see China beating Argentina.

--

argentina.png

Lineup - Gordic, Milenkovic, Kovacevic, Pavlovic (Markovic), Ristic, Ilic, S.Milinkovic-Savic*, Kabic, Stojic, Gavric (Mituljikic), Vlahovic (Jovic)

I am proud of my players with this draw. We fell behind in the first half but we responded in the 2nd half and deservedly levelled through Milinkovic-Savic and we almost won it late on!
group.png

--

2nd Round
uruguay.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Milenkovic (Gajic), Kovacevic (Markovic), Pavlovic, Ristic, Racic, S.Milinkovic-Savic, Kabic (Mituljikic), Ilic, Gavric*, Vlahovic

The expectations for the world cup was to get into the 2nd round so by winning here we have exceeded those expectations! Gavric put us in front on the stroke of half-time and he set up Vlahovic for the 2nd goal which killed the match.

--

3rd Round
italy.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Milenkovic, Kovacevic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Terzic), Ilic, S.Milinkovic-Savic, Kabic, Stojic (Lukic), Gavric (Mituljikic), Vlahovic

Our World Cup dream is over. Italy went 2-0 up early on and they also had a goal disallowed as they threatened to run away with it however in the 2nd half we fought back and got a goal through Vlahovic but it wasnt enough. Kabic had a goal disallowed for us agonisingly.

Attachments

• 1649670827550.png
    1649670827550.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 11
1649686882379.png

PRE-SEASON

With me managing Serbia at the World Cup (which was somehow won by Republic of Ireland) I havent done much work with Red Star. 2 players have been brought in but even they arent anything special as you will soon see.

I do have a transfer budget of just under £50m but tbh with the foreigners rule I can only really look at Serbian players and the likes of Dusan Vlahovic and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic wouldnt at all be interested in joining us.

I did sell 2 first team players and have decided to go with a different formation for the season after our demise last season. I will be rocking with a 3-1-2-3-1 formation - 3 CBs, 1 DMC, 2 CMs, RW, AMC, LW, ST.

--

PLAYERS OUT

With me not planning on playing with full backs I felt that I needed to sell Mihailo Ristic. The left back joined Galatasaray for £1.3m which was a fair bit less than what I paid for him.

Jovan Mijatovic has also gone. He left for Lille for £1.4m. I had 4 wingers in the first team squad already so I felt I should cash in on him so off he went. He did have a little run as first choice RW but in all only made 65 apps scoring 17 goals.

B team players Mateja Bubanj and Andrija Radulovic left to join Vojvodina for a combined £790,000 and thats it!!!!

--

PLAYERS IN

Dont get too excited! I brought in Filip Stevanovic on a free transfer from Man City and Nikola Stankovic has returned on a free from PSG. Stevanovic was here last season so it isnt really a new signing while Stankovic has hardly developed at all since he has been in France and will be an emergency backup at CM.
stevanovic.png
stankovic.png

--

SQUAD

1.png
2.png

As you can see I have a really talented young squad that just needs to be harnessed. My first XI for my new formation will be a back 3 of Pavlovic, Ferraresi and Darroquy. Pablo Castro will be my DMC and the rest will be the same with Ellinton Antonio and Signorelli battling it out for the centre forward position again.

Rodoljub Stojic is however not the new Aitor Herrera. He was terrific last season but is beginning to be poor in training and his attitude is poor also. I have Sokolov and the talented Pandurovic in the U19s so I will be monitoring him closely this season.

--

1649690184189.png

JULY

javor.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Darroquy, Ferraresi, Pavlovic (Markovic), Castro, Montero, Topic, Mituljikic*, Stojic (Sokolov), Gavric (Jovic), Ellinton Antonio

Not a bad start to the season. We won easily enough and everyone apart from Pavlovic had a good game in this new formation that I have imposed on them.

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Gordic, Darroquy, Ferraresi, Pavlovic (Markovic), Castro*, Montero (Cvijovic), Topic, Mituljikic, Stojic, Gavric, Ellinton Antonio (Signorelli)

Metalac defeated us on the last day of last season so we got revenge here. I was delighted to see Signorelli scoring while we also had a goal disallowed through Mituljikic. I was disappointed to concede a stoppage time goal though.

Last edited:
1649691936747.png

AUGUST

tsc.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Darroquy (Erakovic), Markovic, Pavlovic, Castro, Montero (Cvijovic), Racic*, Mituljikic, Stojic (Sokolov), Gavric, Signorelli

Uros Racic returned to the starting XI and he scored twice to propel us to victory. We dominated throughout but missed so many chances.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
trnava.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Darroquy, Markovic, Pavlovic, Castro, Montero, Racic*, Mituljikic, Stojic (Sokolov), Gavric (Jovic), Signorelli (Ellinton Antonio)

I would have liked to have won by a bigger winning margin but we got the job done and thats the main thing.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Gordic, Darroquy, Markovic (Erakovic), Pavlovic, Castro (Topic), Montero, Racic*, Mituljikic (Stevanovic), Stojic, Gavric, Signorelli

MIRKO TOPIC!!!!!!

My midfielder popped up with a last minute winner to win the Eternal derby as he curled in a shot from 25 yards after being set up by Racic. This was an even match and I was gutted when they levelled but up popped Topic to be our hero.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
2-0.png

Lineup - Gordic, Darroquy, Ferraresi, Pavlovic, Castro, Montero, Racic*, Gavric (Stevanovic), Stojic (Sokolov), Jovic, Signorelli (Ellinton Antonio)

Uros Racic is certainly loving this new formation as he put in another MOM performance - his 4th in a row!!!!

--

imt.png

Lineup - Gordic, Darroquy, Ferraresi*, Pavlovic (Markovic), Castro, Montero (Topic), Racic, Stevanovic, Stojic (Sokolov), Jovic, Signorelli

We scored 3 goals in the first half and then went on holiday in the 2nd half. A goal for Racic but no MOM award.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 1st Leg
sochi.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Darroquy, Ferraresi, Pavlovic (Markovic), Castro (Topic), Montero, Racic, Gavric*, Stojic, Mituljikic, Signorelli (Ellinton Antonio)

This should be good enough to see us into the Champions League group stages. Stojic netted twice - he really is conflicting me at the minute as his attitude and training stinks yet he is performing well.

--

surdulica.png

Lineup - Gordic, Darroquy, Ferraresi, Pavlovic, Castro, Montero, Racic, Gavric (Stevanovic), Sokolov (Pandurovic), Mituljikic (Jovic), Signorelli*

We seem to have a different Signorelli to the one that played for us last season as he banged in a hat-trick here. Ellinton Antonio wont get in the side regularly if my Argentinian keeps banging in the goals although I will play him in the next game.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 2nd Leg
8-2.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Darroquy (Markovic), Ferraresi, Pavlovic, Castro, Montero, Racic, Stevanovic (Khellven), Stojic (Sokolov), Jovic*, Ellinton Antonio

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Before the match we were rocked by injuries to Signorelli, Mituljikic and Gavric but that didnt hamper us here. Jovic came in for Mituljikic and got an incredible 6 assists while Ellinton Antonio scored 4 goals who can count himself unlucky not to get the MOM award.

Remember Khellven? Despite being a RB and not fitting into my tactic he came off the bench here to play as a RW and he popped up with a goal.

--

macva.png

Lineup - Gordic, Darroquy, Ferraresi*, Pavlovic (Markovic), Castro, Montero (Topic), Racic, Stevanovic, Stojic (Sokolov), Jovic, Ellinton Antonio

Having listened to the athletics football manager show I have cottoned on to this near post corner routine and it seems that Ferraresi loves it as he scored his 5th goal of the season already! Tbh I think I will cancel it as I like the randomness.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
UROS RACIC
RACIC.png

--

SUPERLIGA
AUG.png

I am pausing this save for a while and going to have a look at what else is out there as I feel like I am just going through the motions at the moment.

On holiday this week so wanting to knuckle down on a save.

View attachment 586032

PRE-SEASON

With me managing Serbia at the World Cup (which was somehow won by Republic of Ireland) I havent done much work with Red Star. 2 players have been brought in but even they arent anything special as you will soon see.

I do have a transfer budget of just under £50m but tbh with the foreigners rule I can only really look at Serbian players and the likes of Dusan Vlahovic and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic wouldnt at all be interested in joining us.

I did sell 2 first team players and have decided to go with a different formation for the season after our demise last season. I will be rocking with a 3-1-2-3-1 formation - 3 CBs, 1 DMC, 2 CMs, RW, AMC, LW, ST.

--

PLAYERS OUT

With me not planning on playing with full backs I felt that I needed to sell Mihailo Ristic. The left back joined Galatasaray for £1.3m which was a fair bit less than what I paid for him.

Jovan Mijatovic has also gone. He left for Lille for £1.4m. I had 4 wingers in the first team squad already so I felt I should cash in on him so off he went. He did have a little run as first choice RW but in all only made 65 apps scoring 17 goals.

B team players Mateja Bubanj and Andrija Radulovic left to join Vojvodina for a combined £790,000 and thats it!!!!

--

PLAYERS IN

Dont get too excited! I brought in Filip Stevanovic on a free transfer from Man City and Nikola Stankovic has returned on a free from PSG. Stevanovic was here last season so it isnt really a new signing while Stankovic has hardly developed at all since he has been in France and will be an emergency backup at CM.
View attachment 586033View attachment 586034

--

SQUAD

View attachment 586035View attachment 586036

As you can see I have a really talented young squad that just needs to be harnessed. My first XI for my new formation will be a back 3 of Pavlovic, Ferraresi and Darroquy. Pablo Castro will be my DMC and the rest will be the same with Ellinton Antonio and Signorelli battling it out for the centre forward position again.

Rodoljub Stojic is however not the new Aitor Herrera. He was terrific last season but is beginning to be poor in training and his attitude is poor also. I have Sokolov and the talented Pandurovic in the U19s so I will be monitoring him closely this season.

--

View attachment 586040

JULY

View attachment 586041

Lineup
- Gordic, Darroquy, Ferraresi, Pavlovic (Markovic), Castro, Montero, Topic, Mituljikic*, Stojic (Sokolov), Gavric (Jovic), Ellinton Antonio

Not a bad start to the season. We won easily enough and everyone apart from Pavlovic had a good game in this new formation that I have imposed on them.

--

View attachment 586044

Lineup - Gordic, Darroquy, Ferraresi, Pavlovic (Markovic), Castro*, Montero (Cvijovic), Topic, Mituljikic, Stojic, Gavric, Ellinton Antonio (Signorelli)

Metalac defeated us on the last day of last season so we got revenge here. I was delighted to see Signorelli scoring while we also had a goal disallowed through Mituljikic. I was disappointed to concede a stoppage time goal though.

Woah Woah Woah.

You changed tactics! Thats the biggest FM Base story of the decade so far! You've played 4-2-3-1 since Newcastle last won a top-flight title