FM22 - A Red Star Belgrade Story

1647783446927.png

FEBRUARY

spartak.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Piccini, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Petrovic (Topic), Ivanic, Kabic, Knezevic (J.Mituljikic), Katai*, Omoijuanfo (Zivkovic)

With Motika gone it is a big opportunity for Kabic to really claim the RW spot and his 2 goals here added to goals in our 2 previous matches certainly helps that!

--

javor.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini, Markovic (Erakovic), Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic (Nikolic), Petrovic, Kabic*, Knezevic (J.Mituljikic), Katai, Omoijuanfo

Uros Kabic is at it again as he opened the scoring in just the 2nd minute. Katai made it 2, they pulled a goal back but Jovan Mituljikic scored a screamer in the last minute to make it safe.

--

imt.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini (Filipovic), Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic, Kabic (Bubnaj), Ivanic, Katai (J.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo*

A fine win with Omoijuanfo scoring a hat-trick to take him up to 30 goals for the season. I dropped Knezevic and moved Ivanic up to AMC for the first time and he scored twice while the spot opened up in midfield went to Petrovic and he also scored! A good day at the office.

--

proleter.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini (Filipovic), Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis*, Topic, Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic, Katai (N.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo (Bubanj)

We struggled to put away Proleter here but we got the points in the end. Ferraresi got the deciding goal to get off the mark for the club and we now have a 5pt lead at the top of the table.

-

UEFA Europa League 1st Round
mgb.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Piccini, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic (Nikolic), Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), Katai (N.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo

Meh. This was always going to be tough but what I didnt realise that there wasnt going to be a 2nd leg so we are out of the competition!!! We went 2-1 up but we only had 2 shots on target all game so we never deserved to get anything from the game really.

--

partizan.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Piccini* (Filipovic), Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic, Katai (N.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo (Bubanj)

Derby day joy!!!! We scored twice in the first 7min to assert our dominance and were 3 up by half-time. In the 2nd half my players tired and they pulled 2 goals back but we held on to claim a huge victory.

--

Kup Srbije 2nd Round
pazar.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Piccini (Filipovic), Markovic (Erakovic), Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic*, J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo

Mirko Ivanic scored his 2nd hat-trick of the season here and he now has 18 goals for the season which is a huge improvement on last year except he has been my penalty taker this season which boosts his numbers up a bit.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic (Filipovic), Kabic, Ivanic*, J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo

I didnt expect this result! Cukaricki are the 3rd best team and have beaten Partizan twice this season but we blew them away with 6 goals here and we even scored twice while down to 10 men. Ivanic now has 20 goals for the season!

--

SUMMARY

Domestically we were superb this month with some terrific results including a 3-2 win away to Partizan Belgrade and we also thumped Cukaricki 6-1 as we end the month 8pts clear at the top of the league.

In the Europa League we lost out to Borussia Monchengladbach 4-2 away from home which was not unexpected but I was surprised that the match was played over only one leg which mystified me. Annoyingly - Olympiakos - who we knocked out in the Champions League qualifiers are still in the competition so we have exited before our time.

I promised to sign more players last month as I wasnt finished but it didnt happen! I was in for a winger but he didnt want to discuss terms while I had a loan bid for Motika accepted to bring him back to the club but he rejected the move. So as a result I have saved my money and promoted Andrija Radulovic up into the first team squad as he was my top prospect in the ranks.

Another player did leave however and that was Aleksandar Katai. He apparently fell out with me over the squads depth and wanted to leave the club so I accepted £1.2m from Spartak Moscow which is not bad for a 32y/o however I didnt realise that he would leave immediately so that gives the Mituljikic brothers a chance to compete against each other for the LW spot.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIRKO IVANIC
ivanic.png

--

SUPERLIGA
feb.png

1647877337606.png

MARCH

vozdovac.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Piccini, Markovic (Erakovic), Ferraresi, Filipovic, Topic, Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic, J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Bubanj*

We got a scare here when we fell behind but recovered to win by hitting 5 goals. Nice to see my young striker, Mateja Bubanj, get a goal. Omoijuanfo is injured at the minute so he has a chance to shine and he took his chance here.

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Gordic, Rogan (Filipovic), Markovic*, Ferraresi (Madzarevic), Lykogiannis, Nikolic, Stanic, N.Mituljikic, Knezevic, J.Mituljikic (Radulovic), Bubanj

We were missing so many players here and that affected the performance as we werent at our free flowing best but we still managed to get the win. I had 5 teenagers in my starting XI.

--

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
QF.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Rogan, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis*, Topic, Petrovic (Nikolic), Kabic, Ivanic, J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Bubanj

Proleter proved to be tough opponents here but they couldnt stop us from reaching the semis as we got goals from Ivanic and Topic who have been arguably my 2 best players this season.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Gordic, Rogan (Filipovic), Markovic, Erakovic, Lykogiannis, Topic, Ivanic, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Knezevic, J.Mituljikic, Bubanj (Omoijuanfo)

For the 2nd time this season we drop points and we were fortunate to get a draw as we were truly awful.

--

2-2.png

Lineup
- Copic, Piccini (Filipovic), Markovic, Erakovic, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic (Nikolic), Kabic, Ivanic, J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo

We drop more points with yet another terrible performance. We took the lead in the first minute but found ourselves behind at half-time and although we levelled from the penalty spot we never really looked like scoring a 3rd.

My keeper Gordic is out injured for 5-7 weeks so I played my top goalkeeping prospect, Marko Copic, instead as my backup keeper is leaving on a free in the summer so it gives Copic a few games to further develop.

--

SUMMARY

This was not a good month at all as we drew 2 league matches to drop 4pts. We are still gunning for an unbeaten league campaign and dropped points is to be expected with this side under development but to draw 2 games in a row is not acceptable!

We did progress in the cup though and will play Mladost Lucani (one of the teams I dropped points against) in the semis.

There were a couple of decent players in the youth intake so I was happy with that!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIRKO TOPIC
topiv.png

--

SUPERLIGA
mar.png

1647887161471.png

APRIL

novi.png

Lineup
- Copic, Piccini, Erakovic, Ferraresi (Madzarevic), Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic*, J.Mituljikic (Bubanj), Omoijuanfo

We head into the split with a win and 4 goals against Novi Pazar. Njagos Petrovic scored his 6th goal for us since his arrival and he has been a breath of fresh air since joining the club - would still rather have Stankovic back though!

--

1-0.png

Lineup - Copic, Piccini, Erakovic, Ferraresi*, Lykogiannis, Topic (Nikolic), Petrovic, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

We win the derby with a dogged victory against Partizan Belgrade. Omoijuanfo scored very early on and we hung on to grab the points and move 10pts clear at the top of the table.

--

4-1.png

Lineup - Copic, Piccini, Erakovic (Madzarevic), Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Filipovic), Topic, Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo*

Very nice. Omoijuanfo scored another 2 while Ivanic netted yet again to move up to 24 goals for the season - he only scored 7 last term! Petrovic added a 4th after my former player, Radovan Pankov, got sent off for them.

--

Kup Srbije Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Filipovic), Topic (Nikolic), Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic, J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo

We just scrape through here to get into the final as we win 6-5 on penalties. We had two goals disallowed during the 90min so it should have been all over before it got to penalties. Gordic returned from injury here.

--

7-0.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic*, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), N.Mituljikic (Radulovic), Omoijuanfo

WOW!!!!

Ok maybe now I might prefer Petrovic over Stankovic lol. He scored 4 goals here to move up to 11 goals since being brought in in January which is quite incredible for a defensive minded midfielder.

--

3-0.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini (Markovic), Erakovic*, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic (Nikolic), N.Mituljikic, Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo (Bubanj)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

We wrap up the league title here. Ivanic converted a penalty and then the Mituljikic brothers scored 2 goals late on to seal the victory and the title.

We are now 3 games away from having an unbeaten league campaign and that is the target now.

--

SUMMARY

We wrapped up the title this month and also beat Partizan Belgrade so it was a good month. We smashed Spartak 7-0 and also put 4 past Novi Pazar and Cukaricki so that shows how well we have played. We are now gunning for an unbeaten league campaign!

In the Serbian cup we just edged out Mladost Lucani on penalties to reach the final and that means we have set up oursleves a final against our old enemy Partizan Belgrade!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NJEGOS PETROVIC
PETROVIC.png

--

SUPERLIGA
apr.png

1647897607939.png

MAY

5-3.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini, Markovic (Madzarevic), Erakovic, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic*, N.Mituljikic, Knezevic, J.Mituljikic (Radulovic), Omoijuanfo

1 down 2 to go!

Petrovic's goal run continued here as he got 2. Overall we now have an incredible 123 league goals with 2 games to play. We now have 99pts so if we win our remaining 2 games we will beat last seasons points tally of 104.

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini, Markovic (Madzarevic), Erakovic, Lykogiannis*, Topic, Petrovic, N.Mituljikic, Knezevic, J.Mituljikic (Radulovic), Omoijuanfo

1 game to go! We added another 5 goals to our tally here with my midfield duo Petrovic and Topic both scoring with the strike from Topic being an absolute worldie! Omoijuanfo now has 40 goals for the season.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Gordic, Piccini, Markovic, Erakovic, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic, N.Mituljikic (Bubanj), Knezevic (Nikolic), J.Mituljikic (Radulovic), Omoijuanfo

We have our unbeaten league campaign but I am not happy with the result as the 2pts dropped actually mean we have earned 1pt less than last season despite being undefeated!

--

Kup Srbije Final
final.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Rogan (Erakovic), Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Petrovic*, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo

We complete the double with a fine victory over Partizan Belgrade. They actually had the better chances early on but we took the lead through Omoijuanfo and Petrovic powered in a shot to have us 2 up at half-time. They responded by grabbing a goal back quickly into the 2nd half but Kabic immediately made it 3-1 and it was game over.

--

SUMMARY

We headed into the final month of the season determined to remain unbeaten in the league and we did just that by putting 5 past Napredak and Javor before disappointingly drawing with Vojvodina on the final day of the season which actually meant that we earned less points than last term!

Then it was onto the cup final and we came out on top in the Eternal derby as we put 3 past Partizan Belgrade. Omoijuanfo got his customary goal but it was Petrovic yet again who shone the brightest - what a signing he has been!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NJEGOS PETROVIC
NJEGOS.png

--

SUPERLIGA
MAY.png

1647979900299.png

SEASON REVIEW

We wrapped up our 2nd double in as many years this season as we went the entire domestic season unbeaten as we won both the league and cup. Despite going the league season unbeaten we earned 1pt less than last season despite scoring 129 goals (incredible tally) however our defensive record certainly needs improved upon and that is where we need to find the balance.

In the cup we beat Partizan Belgrade 3-1 in the final to complete the double so that was nice.

In Europe we made the Champions League group stages and gave a good account of ourselves. We defeated Genk home and away, drew with Arsenal but also lost 3 times - twice to Juventus and once to Arsenal - but they were all narrow defeats. That sent us into the Europa League but we lost to Borussia Monchengladbach and we were out as soon as we were in it.

As for my squad there are so many special mentions. Lykogiannis was an inspired signing at LB with 22 assists, Topic netted 13 goals, Ivanic somehow scored 20 more than last term to get 27, Petrovic arrived in January but scored 15 which was truly astonishing and Omoijuanfo scored 42 with 14 coming in the Champions League!!!!

--

SUPERLIGA

table.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

My Player of the Season
- Mirko Ivanic
My Young Player of the Season - Nikola Knezevic
Must Do Better - Nikola Mituljikic
Donkey of the Year - Petar Stanic​

1648053961541.png

PRE-SEASON

I have had a decent summer. I have strengthened the squad and amazingly still have £18m to spend!!!! However due to the rules around foreign players in Serbia (I can only have 4 in the starting XI) I cant really strengthen all of the positions required so it makes progress a lot slower.

All I can do is develop my youngsters and hopefully snag some other Serbian gems!!!!

--

PLAYERS OUT

OUT.png

The big one here is Cristiano Piccini. The 30y/o Italian RB had 2 good seasons for me (80 apps) but I found a much younger and much better upgrade so I wish him well. £3.1m is decent money to take in in Serbian football plus he was classed as a foreign player. My backup striker Richairo Zivkovic joined Willem II for £1.1m. He made 43 apps and scored 15 goals which was not bad considering he was mainly used as a sub. He had a Serbian passport despite having Dutch nationality but his time had come.

Filipovic joined Cukaricki for £325,000 and Petar Stanic joined Vojvodina for £300,000. Both were backups who did a job but werent big hitters.

--

PLAYERS IN

IN.png

(Ignore Dejan Pilipovic he is just a regen prospect for my youth squad)

My new club record signing (and Serbian national record therefor) is my new RB. I paid Athletico Paranaense £4.3m for the 22y/o and will be a superstar for us I have no doubt. He is arguably our most talented player in the squad and I honestly think we will do well to keep him for more than 3 seasons.
khellven.png

Aleksa Terzic is back for his 3rd spell at the club. The left back was signed from Fiorentina for £2.3m. He will be backup behind Lykogiannis for this season but then in a season or two Terzic will have developed further and he will hopefully takeover. There arent that many decent young Serbian left backs out there so this is a decent signing.
terzic.png

Dorde Petrovic is my new backup keeper. He looks decent enough, at 23y/o is a decent age and at £700,000 it weakens Cukaricki and strengthens ourselves. He was quite happy to sign up as backup.
petrovic.png

Finally I signed Marko Lazetic on loan from AC Milan. The teenage striker started his career with Red Star before Milan pinched him and now he has returned on a year long loan.
lazetic.png

--

SQUAD
SQUADS.png
SQUAD2.png

I have such a young squad! Copic is just there because Dorde Petrovic got injured pre-season. 2 promotions are Jovan Mijatovic who is a talented RW while Branimir Roganovic is a 5ft 2" midfield playmaker who came through in our last intake. He has just turned 16 so he has a huge future ahead of him - if he gets taller!!!! Training with the first team and getting the odd sub appearance will help him develop hugely.

Uros Kabic has a big season ahead of him but I fear I may lose him as he signed a new deal but insisted of having a £7m release clause to foreign clubs.

I would love to have a more experienced LW but there arent any better that are interested in signing for me (that are Serbian) so the Mituljikic brothers and Radulovic will fight it out for that spot.

--

1648060056555.png

JULY

mladost.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, N.Petrovic*, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Lazetic (Omoijuanfo)

There was me thinking that last season was a one off regarding Njegos Petrovic and his goalscoring ability but here is opening the season with a double. Omoijuanfo wasnt fully fit so Lazetic came in and scored a debut goal.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis*, Topic (Roganovic), N.Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Lazetic

And Petrovic scores again!!!!!!

--

1648065292787.png

I AM THE NEW NIGERIA MANAGER!!!!!

A few international jobs came up and I thought - why not? I could have taken up the posts with South Africa and Morocco but Nigeria seemed the best bet. With players such as Osimhen, Chukwueze and Ndidi there is some serious talent to be worked with and we shall just see how we get on.

The Serbia job is the ultimate aim but Claudio Ranieri has that at the minute.

View attachment 584404

PRE-SEASON

I have had a decent summer. I have strengthened the squad and amazingly still have £18m to spend!!!! However due to the rules around foreign players in Serbia (I can only have 4 in the starting XI) I cant really strengthen all of the positions required so it makes progress a lot slower.

All I can do is develop my youngsters and hopefully snag some other Serbian gems!!!!

--

PLAYERS OUT
View attachment 584405

The big one here is Cristiano Piccini. The 30y/o Italian RB had 2 good seasons for me (80 apps) but I found a much younger and much better upgrade so I wish him well. £3.1m is decent money to take in in Serbian football plus he was classed as a foreign player. My backup striker Richairo Zivkovic joined Willem II for £1.1m. He made 43 apps and scored 15 goals which was not bad considering he was mainly used as a sub. He had a Serbian passport despite having Dutch nationality but his time had come.

Filipovic joined Cukaricki for £325,000 and Petar Stanic joined Vojvodina for £300,000. Both were backups who did a job but werent big hitters.

--

PLAYERS IN
View attachment 584406

(Ignore Dejan Pilipovic he is just a regen prospect for my youth squad)

My new club record signing (and Serbian national record therefor) is my new RB. I paid Athletico Paranaense £4.3m for the 22y/o and will be a superstar for us I have no doubt. He is arguably our most talented player in the squad and I honestly think we will do well to keep him for more than 3 seasons.
View attachment 584407

Aleksa Terzic is back for his 3rd spell at the club. The left back was signed from Fiorentina for £2.3m. He will be backup behind Lykogiannis for this season but then in a season or two Terzic will have developed further and he will hopefully takeover. There arent that many decent young Serbian left backs out there so this is a decent signing.
View attachment 584408

Dorde Petrovic is my new backup keeper. He looks decent enough, at 23y/o is a decent age and at £700,000 it weakens Cukaricki and strengthens ourselves. He was quite happy to sign up as backup.
View attachment 584409

Finally I signed Marko Lazetic on loan from AC Milan. The teenage striker started his career with Red Star before Milan pinched him and now he has returned on a year long loan.
View attachment 584412

--

SQUAD
View attachment 584413View attachment 584414

I have such a young squad! Copic is just there because Dorde Petrovic got injured pre-season. 2 promotions are Jovan Mijatovic who is a talented RW while Branimir Roganovic is a 5ft 2" midfield playmaker who came through in our last intake. He has just turned 16 so he has a huge future ahead of him - if he gets taller!!!! Training with the first team and getting the odd sub appearance will help him develop hugely.

Uros Kabic has a big season ahead of him but I fear I may lose him as he signed a new deal but insisted of having a £7m release clause to foreign clubs.

I would love to have a more experienced LW but there arent any better that are interested in signing for me (that are Serbian) so the Mituljikic brothers and Radulovic will fight it out for that spot.

--

View attachment 584417

JULY

View attachment 584418

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, N.Petrovic*, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Lazetic (Omoijuanfo)

There was me thinking that last season was a one off regarding Njegos Petrovic and his goalscoring ability but here is opening the season with a double. Omoijuanfo wasnt fully fit so Lazetic came in and scored a debut goal.

--

View attachment 584419

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis*, Topic (Roganovic), N.Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Lazetic

And Petrovic scores again!!!!!!

--

View attachment 584420

I AM THE NEW NIGERIA MANAGER!!!!!

A few international jobs came up and I thought - why not? I could have taken up the posts with South Africa and Morocco but Nigeria seemed the best bet. With players such as Osimhen, Chukwueze and Ndidi there is some serious talent to be worked with and we shall just see how we get on.

The Serbia job is the ultimate aim but Claudio Ranieri has that at the minute.
As a rangers fan, we have some good Nigerian players in Aribo and Bassey who will hope have developed into better prospects for you

1648065907176.png

AUGUST

1923.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven*, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, N.Petrovic (Roganovic), Kabic (Mijatovic), Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

We struggled here to beat Radnicki 1923 with Omoijuanfo scoring the only goal of the game midway through the 2nd half. Mijatovic made his debut here.

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic (Nikolic), Roganovic, Kabic (Mijatovic), Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo*

A decent win. Lykogiannis scored from a free-kick early on and Jovan Mituljikic and Omoijuanfo had the game won by half-time.

--

javor.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, N.Petrovic*, Kabic, Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo (Lazetic)

A 5-0 win on our 5th game of the season and we have had 5 clean sheets too! Omoijuanfo also had a goal disallowed.

--

UEFA Champions League Playoff 1st Leg
slavia.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis*, Topic, N.Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic (N.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo (Lazetic)

Not bad. Whoever wins this tie goes through to the group stages so this is not a bad result. I am confident that we can get the job done in the 2nd leg at home.

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic*, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Roganovic, N.Petrovic (Nikolic), Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo (Lazetic)

A bog standard victory although I am disappointed that we couldnt score more against 10 men for the entirety of the 2nd half.

--

UEFA Champions League Playoff 2nd Leg
prague.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic*, N.Petrovic (Knezevic), N.Mituljikic, Ivanic (Roganovic), J.Mituljikic (Mijatovic), Omoijuanfo

We reach the Champions League group stages!!!! Mijatovic scored a late winner to send us there and get his first senior career goal so it was a huge moment both for us and him. We hit the woodwork 4 times during the game so it really could have been a much more handsome scoreline in our favour.

--

SUMMARY

We have had an excellent start to the season. In the league we have won 6 out of 6 and not even conceded a goal!!!! We have looked so strong and Partizan Belgrade have already slipped up so its full steam ahead.

In the Champions League we were put straight into the playoffs (we go back a round next season) and navigated our way past Slavia Prague but alas it seems it is a case of taking my £13m and running away with it as we have been put in a group alongside Chelsea, AC Milan and RB Leipzig! Partizan Belgrade got into the groups too and received a much more favourable draw.
1648143028795.png
1648143054092.png
1648143077001.png
1648143119550.png

I was forced into the transfer market at the end of the month as Svetozar Markovic got injured and will be out for a few months so I felt that I needed to bring in a replacement and I found one at Ajax in the shape of Mateja Milovanovic. The Dutchman has a Serbian passport so isnt classed as a foreign player and at just 19y/o he has an opportunity to impress and maybe I will sign him permanently. He is left footed so that is a bonus.
MILOVANOVIC.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHARALAMPOS LYKOGIANNIS
lykogiannis.png

--

SUPERLIGA
aug.png

--

1648140379226.png

I QUIT AS THE NIGERIA MANAGER!!!!!

That was short lived! Basically despite doing changes I was being forced to manage the B team and I couldnt be arsed with that so I quit after about 3 weeks.​

1648143369076.png

SEPTEMBER

spartak.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic (Milovanovic), Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic (Roganovic), N.Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo*

Our clean sheet run may be over as we conceded twice here but we smashed in 8 goals so I cant complain! Omoijuanfo helped himself to 4 goals, Ivanic got 2 while Milovanovic made his debut.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic, N.Petrovic, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

Absolutely pathetic!!!!!!

Having gone last season unbeaten we rocked up into this game full of confidence and we got mugged. Omoijuanfo put us ahead and Ferraresi had one disallowed and then it all went wrong and they scored 2 goals late on to win the match and end our long unbeaten run.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
chelsea.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi (Milovanovic), Terzic, Topic, N.Petrovic, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo (Lazetic)

Ouch.

Not much to say other than that as we cant compete against teams loaded with world class players.

--

tsc.png

Lineup - D.Petrovic, Rogan, Madzarevic, Milovanovic, Lykogiannis (Radulovic), Racic, Roganovic, N.Mituljikic (Mijatovic), Knezevic, J.Mituljikic* (Lazetic), Omoijuanfo

We bounce back with a huge win as we beat TSC but it is not the win that pleases me most it is the fact that I was forced to play almost an entire 2nd XI - even my backup keeper started!!! Uros Racic made his debut - more about him below.

--

indija.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven* (Milovanovic), Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Racic, Kabic (Mijatovic), Ivanic (Knezevic), N.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

A decent win. Mirko Topic scoring a brace is a rarity but it was nice to see Uros Racic get his opening goal for the club - I certainly have a huge decision to make around my CMs!!

--

SUMMARY

I dont know how to judge this month. On one hand we thumped Spartak Subotica 8-2 and Indija 4-0 plus we smashed our transfer record but on the other hand we lost our long unbeaten run domestically by losing 2-1 at home to our bitter rivals Partizan Belgrade and also got handed out a 5-1 thrashing by Chelsea in our opening game of the Champions League group stage.

As for transfer news there was nothing happening until Cukaricki decided to pay £750,000 for Veljko Nikolic. He was transfer listed and I was happy to see him go but I needed a replacement. Now Roganovic will be a superstar, that I have no doubt, but he has just turned 16 so I felt that I needed a more experienced player.

That was Uros Racic and I paid a whopping £9m to bring him in from Sporting Gijon. I have had my eyes on him for a while and he is a fine player and an upgrade on Njegos Petrovic however Petrovic has done absolutely nothing to deserve being dropped but I have to think of the bigger picture.
racic.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
OHI OMOIJUANFO
OMOIJUANFO.png

--

SUPERLIGA
oct.png

1648278758841.png

OCTOBER

milan.png

Lineup - Gordic, Rogan, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic (Roganovic), N.Petrovic, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic, J.Mituljikic*, Omoijuanfo

WOW!!!!!

What a win!!!!!

Jovan Mituljikic put on a show in the first half as he scored a wonderful hat-trick (and had 1 disallowed) to propel us to victory. THey scored 2 quickfire goals and we then had to cling on but Petrovic scored late on to give us a memorable victory.

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi (Milovanovic), Lykogiannis, Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic, Kabic*, Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

Very nice. For me to drop Njegos Petrovic for Racic was controversial so it is important that Racic impresses and with 2 goals here he certainly did that however it was Uros Kabic who got the MOM award.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven*, Erakovic, Ferraresi (Milovanovic), Lykogiannis, Topic, Racic, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

A standard victory. Lykogiannis opened the scoring with a free-kick and Omoijuanfo tapped in a 2nd. We deserved more goals but I cant complain.

--

leipzig.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Milovanovic, Lykogiannis, Topic, N.Petrovic (Roganovic), Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic, J.Mituljikic (Lazetic), Omoijuanfo

Despite the result we played really well and I could argue that we deserved something from the game however we couldnt take our chances while Leipzig were ruthless in front of goal.

--

proleter.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Milovanovic (Madzarevic), Terzic, Topic, Racic, Mijatovic (Radulovic), Ivanic*, N.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

I was missing a few players for this match but that didnt seem to overly affect us as we smashed in 6 goals. Omoijuanfo and Racic got doubles to continue their fine scoring form.

--

SUMMARY

The highlight of this month was our superb 4-2 victory over AC Milan in the Champions League. That result and performance shows that on our day we can mix it with Europes top teams but we did then lose 3-0 to Leipzig in our next group match.

Domestically we are on fire as we put 5 past Metalac and 6 past Proleter and we also beat Radnicki Nis however we are still not top of the league although we do have a game in hand.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
UROS RACIC
racic.png

--

SUPERLIGA
OCT.png

1648283240423.png

NOVEMBER

Kup Srbije 1st Round
trayal.png

Lineup - Gordic, Rogan, Madzarevic, Milovanovic (Despotovski), Terzic (Radulovic), Roganovic, N.Petrovic, Mijatovic, Knezevic, N.Mituljikic (Bubanj), Lazetic*

I played my backups here and while going forward we were excellent defensively we were shambolic. Conceding 4 goals is just not acceptable. I was pleased to see Roganovic get his first goal for the club as did Madzarevic.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi (Madzarevic), Lykogiannis, Topic, Racic, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic*, Omoijuanfo (Lazetic)

A decent win but I am disappointed that we didnt score more goals against 10 men.

--

rbl.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic (Roganovic), N.Petrovic*, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo (Lazetic)

A decent result but we really needed a win if we are to avoid bottom spot. Njegos Petrovic scored a stunning goal to put us ahead but they soon levelled. Lazetic hit the post late on and Petrovic also missed a glaring opportunity so it was not to be. With 2 games to go the group looks like this.
group.png

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic*, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

Uros Racic scored his 3rd brace of the season to give us a good away win. We werent at our best but we tend to win domestic games no matter how poor we are lol.

--

1923.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis*, Topic, Racic, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic (Knezevic), J.Mituljikic (Lazetic), Omoijuanfo

Lykogiannis scored twice here but he also had 1 disallowed for offside which denied him a hat-trick even though he finished from 20 yards!

--

1-3.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic, N.Petrovic (Roganovic), Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

It is no surprise that we lost here but yet again it was just down to their far superior individual qualities. We had enough possession and created an equal amount of chances but we just lacked the killer touch. Chelsea won so we are all but confirmed as the bottom side of the group.

--

SUMMARY

This month all but saw our European exploits end as although we got a creditable draw with RB Leipzig, AC Milan beat us in the San Siro which means unless we beat Chelsea 5-0 (which aint going to happen) we will finish bottom of the group.

Domestically my backups won 6-4 against Trayal in a crazy cup tie and in the league we won all of our matches but are still placed 2nd in the league.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHARALAMPOS LYKOGIANNIS
lykogiannis.png

--

SUPERLIGA
nov.png

1648309719352.png

DECEMBER

napredak.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven (Rogan), Madzarevic, Milovanovic, Terzic, Topic, Racic, N.Mituljikic, Ivanic (Roganovic), J.Mituljikic (Mijatovic), Omoijuanfo*

Another 4 goals to add to our tally. Omoijuanfo scored twice but I was particularly impressed with Nikola Mituljikic as he got a goal and an assist. I had to rest some of my defenders and that showed as we conceded twice.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup
- Gordic*, Rogan, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic (Roganovic), N.Petrovic, N.Mituljikic (Mijatovic), Ivanic, J.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

A famous victory!!! We took an early lead through Omoijuanfo and then it was all about the heroics of Gordic as he kept Chelsea at bay. We still finish bottom of the group but to get 7pts in this group is a very decent tally and would have been good enough for 3rd place in all but one of the other groups.
group.png

--

javor.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, N.Petrovic (Roganovic), Racic, Kabic, Ivanic*, N.Mituljikic (Radulovic), Omoijuanfo

For the 3rd league game in a row we score 4 goals. I am most pleased with the goal by Branimir Roganovic as my 16y/o CM has made a real impression so far and although he has a long way to go he looks as though that he will be a real talent.

--

Kup Srbije 2nd Round
mladost.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Racic*, Kabic (Lazetic), Ivanic (Knezevic), N.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

Uros Racic has now played 11 games for me since signing for a club record £9m. He has scored 12 goals.........

--

pazar.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven (Rogan), Milovanovic, Madzarevic, Terzic, Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic, Kabic, Ivanic*, N.Mituljikic (J.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo

Yet another 4 goal haul in the league. Yet another goal for Racic. Yet another dismal defensive performance when I am forced to rest my defenders but having said that at least Madzarevic scored a fine goal!

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Gordic, Rogan, Madzarevic, Milovanovic, Terzic, Topic, Racic (N.Petrovic), Kabic*, Knezevic (Mijatovic), N.Mituljikic, Omoijuanfo

4 goals - check. Racic goal - check. My backup defenders are ******* useless - check!!!!

--

SUMMARY

We head into the 2 month winter break in fine fettle. Sure we arent top of the league and also we are out of Europe but this month was very positive with the standout moment being our 1-0 victory over Chelsea in the Champions League. That was again further proof at our possible levels against Europes elite but we need to do it more often.

Back at home we scored 4 goals in EVERY game! Some games were more convincing than others though as when I was forced to rest my defensive players we conceded 2 or 3 goals every time which is a worry.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
OHI OMOIJUANFO
ohi.png

--

SUPERLIGA
dec.png

Attachments

• vojvodina.png
    vojvodina.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 13
1648322791040.png

JANUARY/FEBRUARY

spartak.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven (Erakovic), Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Racic, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), Gavric*, Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

We return from the winter break in fine style. As you can see I have 2 new players in the ranks (more of them below) and it was Zeljko Gavric who had a dream debut except he didnt - as he started his career with us! Markovic finally made his return from injury here.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven*, Markovic (Erakovic), Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Racic (N.Petrovic), Kabic (J.Mituljikic), Ivanic, Gavric, Omoijuanfo

2 late goals from Njegos Petrovic and Mirko Ivanic gave us a huge win here in the eternal derby and puts us in the driving seat for the league title. Zeljko Gavric seems to have settled in ok!

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Gordic, Rogan, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis*, Topic (Roganovic), N.Petrovic, Kabic, Ivanic, Gavric (Mijatovic), Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

Mirko Ivanic scored nearly 30 goals last season and he is nowhere near that total this term, mainly because he isnt my first choice penalty taker anymore but he scored 2 here to boost his numbers.

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic*, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), Gavric, Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

This win makes it 16 in a row in the league and extends our lead up to 5pts.

--

SUMMARY

We returned to action after the winter break and got back to winning ways as we won all 4 matches to take charge of the Superliga. However the main news was the end of the transfer window and the business that was done.

Departing is Uros Kabic as Chelsea met his £7m release clause to sign him. My 19y/o winger was signed last season for £1.5m so I have made a quick profit on him and they have loaned him back to us immediately so he will spend the rest of the season with us.

I had actually already agreed to sign a winger in the window before the departure of Kabic as I paid Ferencvaros £2.8m to bring Zeljko Gavric back to the club. Gavric started his career with Red Star and I have brought him back. At 23y/o he can still improve and he has made a great start to his 2nd spell at the club with 4 goals this month.
gavric.png

The biggest deal however was our new club record signing - Ellinton Antonio. I paid Corinthians £10m for the Brazilian striker and he is definitely one for the future. He is a 5th foreigner in the ranks but considering Omoijuanfo will be his competitor for a place in the side and he is also a foreigner it is fine.
antonio.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHARALAMPOS LYKOGIANNIS
LYKOGIANNIS.png

--

SUPERLIGA
FEB.png

Attachments

• 1648369328535.png
    1648369328535.png
    877.7 KB · Views: 14
1648372928578.png

MARCH

indija.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic, Kabic (J.Mituljikic), Ivanic, Gavric*, Omoijuanfo

Zoran Gavric was on fire here as he scored a hat-trick and got an assist while Omoijuanfo scored twice and got 2 assists.

--

4-2.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic (Erakovic), Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic, Racic*, Kabic, Ivanic (Knezevic), Gavric, Omoijuanfo

Uros Racic scored his first hat-trick of the season here as we came from behind to defeat Vozdovac.

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic (Stojic), Racic (N.Petrovic), Kabic, Ivanic, Gavric, Omoijuanfo*

Omoijuanfo got the hat-trick this time to take him up to 31 goals for the season (he also missed a penalty). My top prospect from the recent youth intake, Radoljub Stojic, made his debut and got an assist off the bench - he is going to be a world beater for sure! Unfortunately Lykogiannis got injured and will be out for the rest of the season.

--

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
qf.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi*, Terzic, Topic, Racic, Kabic (J.Mituljikic), Ivanic (Stojic), Gavric, Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

We win but it wasnt pretty. Uros Racic bundled home the only goal of the game in the 2nd half and that was that.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Terzic, N.Petrovic (Stojic), Racic*, Kabic, Ivanic, Gavric (J.Mituljikic), Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

This was a fans day apparently and it was deemed to be a success. Dont know how as we struggled badly here although it was nice to see Ellinton Antonio score his first goal to win us the match. Gavric had a stunning effort disallowed while Topic missed the game through injury and he, like Lykogiannis, will miss the rest of the season too.

--

proleter.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven*, Markovic, Ferraresi, Rogan, N.Petrovic, Racic (Roganovic), Kabic, Ivanic (Stojic), Gavric, Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

A comfortable away victory as we notched another 4 goals while both sides also had a goal disallowed - Gavric had ours.

--

SUMMARY

We may have won all 6 fixtures this month, scored a load of goals and had 2 key players seasons ended due to injury but the newsworthy thing that I am reporting here is the arrival of Rodoljub Stojic in our youth intake.........

stojic.png

Have I finally after 10 years found the successor to Aitor Herrera? The 15y/o AMC will be a key player for me and I will use the rest of this season to blood him in gradually before building my team round him from next season.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
UROS RACIC
RACIC.png

--

SUPERLIGA
mar.png

1648380703174.png

APRIL

2-1.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi, Terzic, N.Petrovic, Racic*, Kabic (J.Mituljikic), Ivanic (Stojic), Gavric, Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

This is the first of 3 meetings against Vojvodina this month and we win the first one thanks to 2 goals from Uros Racic. It wasnt the best of performances but a win is a win. We now head into the split. Khellven got injured and now he looks as though that he will be out for the rest of the season.

--

1-1.png

Lineup - Gordic, Rogan, Markovic, Ferraresi, Terzic, N.Petrovic, Racic*, Kabic (J.Mituljikic), Ivanic (Stojic), Gavric, Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

For just the 2nd time this season we fail to win a league game and both times against Partizan Belgrade. Meh.

--

win.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Rogan, Markovic, Ferraresi, Terzic, N.Petrovic, Racic, Kabic* (J.Mituljikic), Ivanic (Stojic), Gavric, Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

We scored twice early on and then did nothing for the rest of the game! They pulled a goal back late on but we held on.

--

Kup Srbije Semi-Final
sf.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Rogan, Markovic, Ferraresi, Terzic, N.Petrovic*, Racic (Roganovic), Kabic, Ivanic (Stojic), Gavric, Omoijuanfo (Ellinton Antonio)

We reach the final with a comfortable win. Njegos Petrovic got 2 assists as he claimed the MOM award in a fine individual performance - he won his first cap for Serbia recently.

--

SUMMARY

Just the 4 games this month with 3 of them coming against Vojvodina and the other being a 1-1 draw with Partizan Belgrade in the eternal derby. We werent at our best at all during the month but the results were fine and we have a cup final to look forward too against Cukaricki as they defeated Partizan surprisingly in the final.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
UROS RACIC
UROS.png

--

SUPERLIGA
APR.png

1648385470345.png

MAY

cukaricki.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Rogan, Markovic, Ferraresi, Terzic, N.Petrovic (Roganovic), Racic, Kabic (N.Mituljikic), Stojic, J.Mituljikic, Ellinton Antonio (Omoijuanfo)

Very disappointing. With the league all but won I have decided to give Stojic and Ellinton Antonio a little run of starts but I cant blame them for us dropping 2pts here.

--

napredak.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven (Rogan), Markovic, Ferraresi*, Terzic, N.Petrovic, Racic, Kabic, Stojic, Gavric (J.Mituljikic), Ellinton Antonio (Omoijuanfo)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

We wrap up the league title here with a 2-0 win. Racic and Kabic have been on top form recently and they both got on the scoresheet here. Khellven returned from injury.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Erakovic (Milovanovic), Terzic, N.Petrovic*, Racic, Kabic, Stojic, Gavric (J.Mituljikic), Ellinton Antonio (Omoijuanfo)

The league might be won but my players arent slacking as we easily beat Radnicki Nis 4-1. Kabic got another 2 goals as did Njegos Petrovic but I am a tad worried about the lack of goals from Ellinton Antonio.

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven (Rogan*), Markovic, Ferraresi, Terzic, N.Petrovic (Roganovic), Racic, Kabic, Stojic, Gavric (J.Mituljikic), Ellinton Antonio

Nahuel Ferraresi scored the only goal of the game as we breach the 100pt barrier. It was his first goal of the season! Khellven got injured and will unfortunately miss the cup final.

--

1923.png

Lineup - Gordic, Rogan*, Milovanovic (Madzarevic), Erakovic, Terzic, N.Petrovic, Roganovic, N.Mituljikic, Stojic, J.Mituljikic (Mijatovic), Ellinton Antonio (Lazetic)

I rested my first team players for the cup final and my backups got the job done. The Mituljikic twins scored our goals with Nikola getting a double. Ellinton Antonio cant buy a goal at the minute - he had one disallowed here.

--

Kup Srbije Final
final.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Rogan, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic, Kabic (J.Mituljikic), Stojic, Gavric*, Ellinton Antonio

We win the final and complete the double but it was a shocking performance. I welcomed back Lykogiannis and Topic from injury and stuck with Stojic and Ellinton Antonio but it didnt click. Uros Racic missed a penalty which had he converted would have been his 30th goal of the season.

--

SUMMARY

We saw out the end of the season comfortably enough. We did draw against Cukaricki in the league but won our other 4 matches and then edged out Cukaricki in the final of the cup.

I played my 2 top prospects, Stojic and record signing Ellinton Antonio and they had contrasting times. Stojic was pulling the strings in midfield and got a few assists and impressed while my £10m striker was absolutely hopeless. I so hope that over the summer he will settle down at the club and find some form as we need him to score goals.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
VIKTOR ROGAN
rogan.png

--

SUPERLIGA
TABLE.png

1648393372341.png

SEASON REVIEW

On one hand this was a nothing season. Sure we won the domestic double and won the league by a huge margin but we were invincible last season while we lost a game here. Also in Europe we finished bottom of our Champions League group so there was no European football after Christmas which was a step back however we were unfortunate in that as we did defeat AC Milan and Chelsea which showed our competitiveness so it is hard to evaluate the season.

Regarding my squad there was hits and misses. Khellven was a revelation at RB, Omoijuanfo scored a load of goals and me dropping him at the end of the season cost him the European Golden Boot so I feel a tad guilty about that, Uros Kabic did well as he earned a move to Chelsea but it was Uros Racic who was the standout. He arrived in September so missed a fair few games but he astonishingly ended up with 29 goals from central midfield!!!

On the negative side was Ellinton Antonio. My club record £10m signing had a nightmare and I will stick with him but he needs to buck up his ideas big time. In the 2nd half of the season I had a core of players who were used so the likes of Mijatovic, the Mituljikic twins, Lazetic etc were barely used.

Elsewhere around the club my B team Graficar won the 2nd division for the 3rd year running while my U19s won the UEFA Youth League or whatever it is which is an outstanding achievement.

--

SUPERLIGA

TABLE.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

My Player of the Season - Uros Racic
My Young Player of the Season - Uros Kabic
Must Do Better - Ellinton Antonio
Donkey of the Year - Mateja Bubanj​

1648398416592.png

PRE-SEASON & JULY

At the time of writing the pre-season bit we are on game day on the first game of the league season and tbh it has been an underwhelming one so far. I havent spent a single penny on transfers and arguably you could say that my squad is actually weaker than last term!!!

There has been some changes however and hopefully there will be a few more in the next month or so!

Some news regarding my possible next Aitor Herrera - Rodoljub Stojic - despite only being 16y/o he is my new captain as he has the abilities for it (17 teamwork, 15 leadership) that far eclipse anyone else in my squad!

--

PLAYERS OUT

OUT.png

2 first teamers have left the club. Ohi Omoijuanfo after an incredible 113 goals in 141 starts has left to join Levante for £2.4m. He won 1 European Golden Boot award and would have won another last season if I hadnt have chosen to blood Ellinton Antonio so he will be fondly remembered but I felt that it was best to move in a new direction.

Mirko Ivanic has also departed. He made 131 apps and scored 42 goals with his standout season being 2 years ago when he netted 27 times. The only reason he has departed is because of Stojic who I am going all in on so I wish him all the best.

All the others are meaningless. I did bring in Nuno Bastos and Gavin Bazunu on pre-contracts but I have brought them in to sell them on for a profit so nothing else to say. Bazunu is arguably better than Gordic but as a foreigner I cant play him.

--

PLAYERS IN

IN.png

Only 3 players to show you really.

Furkan Ekinci is a regen CB and was named in the top 50 young players in the world so I was delighted to get him from Trabzonspor on a free. As a foreign player he can only play when Ferraresi is unavailable though but even then he will be behind Erakovic in the pecking order.
ekinci.png

Stoisavljevic and Tedic are backup strikers. My DoF did the deal for Tedic who was released from Man City but I wouldnt expect much from either of them. Bubanj has been demoted down to the Graficar squad as a result.
stoisavljevic.png
tedic.png

--

1648399431489.png

spartak.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven (Rogan), Markovic, Erakovic, Lykogiannis, N.Petrovic (Knezevic), Racic, Mijatovic, Stojic, Gavric (Nikolasevic), Ellinton Antonio*

Where do I start?

Firstly I was without several players due to their involvement in the Olympics so my squad was a tad depleted.

We surged into a 3 goal lead with Mijatovic firing us in front and then Ellinton Antonio helping himself to 2. He then missed a penalty and things turned sour as Spartak somehow clawed their way back to 3-3 and I was livid but from the kick-off we went up the park and Ellinton Antonio finished to complete his hat-trick with a 94th minute winner.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven*, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), N.Petrovic (Topic), Racic, Mijatovic, Stojic (Knezevic), Gavric, Ellinton Antonio

WOW!!!!!

An unbelievable result and performance as we go to Partizan Belgrade and walk away with a 5-0 victory. We were on fire and totally outplayed them and in all seriousness after just 2 league games the title race is over as Partizan also lost their opening game.

--

1648407026743.png

KRIS STUART IS APPOINTED AS THE NEW SERBIA MANAGER

After exiting the Euros (England beat Norway 2-1 in the final) Claudio Ranieri was relieved of his duties so I naturally jumped at the chance to take the job and thankfully they offered it to me. We are no world beaters but we should be qualifying for every tournament and with the likes of Vlahovic, Milinkovic-Savic and Milenkovic we have some world class players while my Red Star side are continuing to develop some top youngsters.

Buzzing!!!

1648496057782.png

AUGUST

4-1.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi (Erakovic), Lykogiannis (Terzic), N.Petrovic, Racic, Mijatovic, Stojic*, Gavric (Radulovic), Ellinton Antonio

Rodoljub Stojic announces his arrival!!!!!

He scored his first 2 goals here and the first was arguably the best goal that I have seen in this save as he powered in a shot from 35 yards into the top corner. Mijatovic and Ellinton Antonio score yet again as my 3 teenagers in the side led the way for us. Stojic scoring means he is the clubs youngest ever goalscorer.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
hammarby.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Erakovic, Lykogiannis*, N.Petrovic (Topic), Racic, Mijatovic, Stojic (Knezevic), Gavric, Ellinton Antonio (Stoisavljevic)

We went 3-0 up and we were cruising but inexplicably we conceded 2 late goals to give Hammarby a lifeline but we should still win through.

--

macva.png

Lineup - Gordic, Rogan, Markovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic, Racic*, Mijatovic (J.Mituljikic), Stojic, Gavric, Ellinton Antonio (Stoisavljevic)

Its a win but a poor performance. Not impressed.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
4-0.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi (Erakovic), Lykogiannis*, Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic, Mijatovic (J.Mituljikic), Stojic, Gavric, Ellinton Antonio

We easily make it through to the playoffs to face Shakhtar Donetsk. Lykogiannis scored 2 free-kicks which helped us on our way, Racic converted a penalty and Ellinton Antonio also chipped in.

--

indija.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Erakovic, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic, Racic, Mijatovic, Stojic (Knezevic), Gavric (J.Mituljikic), Ellinton Antonio*

3 goals in the final few minutes added a bit of gloss to the scoreline here as we put 5 past Indija. Mijatovic continues to score goals so he continues to keep Jovan Mituljikic out of the side as a result.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 1st Leg
shakhtar.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Erakovic, Lykogiannis, Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic, Mijatovic (N.Mituljikic), Knezevic, Gavric (J.Mituljikic), Ellinton Antonio

I would have taken this result before the match kicked off but to throw away a 2 goal lead is infuriating and we went from having one foot in the group stages to it still being on a knifeedge. Our 2nd goal was a beautifully worked team goal.

--

3-0.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven (Furkan Ekinci), Markovic, Erakovic, Lykogiannis*, Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic, Mijatovic, Stojic, Gavric (J.Mituljikic), Ellinton Antonio

A good win. If Mijatovic keeps on scoring he will keep his place in the side. He has been a revelation so far.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 2nd Leg
donetsk.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven (Furkan Ekinci), Markovic, Erakovic, Lykogiannis, Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic, Mijatovic, Stojic (Knezevic), Gavric*, Ellinton Antonio

We march into the Champions League group stages with a fine win over Shakhtar Donetsk. Ellinton Antonio and Mijatovic both scored again and then Erakovic popped up with a rare goal to seal things.

--

win.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic (Terzic), Erakovic (Furkan Ekinci), Lykogiannis, Topic, Racic*, Mijatovic (J.Mituljikic), Stojic, Gavric, Ellinton Antonio

We got off to a flyer here as Racic had us 2 goals up in 6min and Gavric sealed the win before half-time.

--

SUMMARY

This was a hectic month with 4 Champions League matches being slotted in alongside 5 league fixtures and we emerged unbeaten and in the Champions League group stages so it was all good! Naturally the Champions League was the main focus of our attentions and having defeated Hammarby we then knocked out Shakhtar Donetsk which was very pleasing.

Alas due to Serbia's poor showing in recent years (both domestically and at club level on the continenant) we were seeded 4th in the group and despite there being a few favourable groups we ended up with Real Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and PSV Eindhoven.
1648495196782.png
1648495233226.png
1648495256612.png
1648495278857.png

Regarding the transfer window I received offers for Khellven and Nahuel Ferraresi from Bayer Leverkusen (before the Champions League group draw) and I managed to keep them while I did bring in a young Serbian midfielder from Fortuna Dusseldorf. Bora Cvijovic cost me £1.4m. The 18y/o CM is a top prospect and while he will find game time hard to come by he is definitely one for the future.
cvijovic.png

Also I paid Vojvodina £1.4m for 18y/o AMC Goran Sokolov but I have loaned him back to them for the season.
sokolov.png

I was in talks with a potential new striker in the shape and form of Donyell Malen from Borussia Dortmund for a club record £12.75m but I cancelled it due to a few reasons. The fact that Ellinton Antonio has been on fire this season and doesnt deserve to be dropped was one and also the fact that he would be my highest paid player - double the amount of the next highest earner.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ELLINTON ANTONIO
ANTONIO.png

--

SUPERLIGA
aug.png

1648496078726.png

SEPTEMBER

javor.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi (Erakovic), Lykogiannis, Topic, Racic, Mijatovic, Knezevic*, Gavric, Ellinton Antonio

Nikola Knezevic came into the starting XI at AMC in place of Stojic and responded by getting his first 2 goals of the season and the MOM award.

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
psv.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Khellven, Markovic*, Ferraresi, Lykogiannis, Topic, Racic (N.Petrovic), Mijatovic (J.Mituljikic), Stojic, Gavric (Stoisavljevic), Ellinton Antonio

A stunning victory. Ellinton Antonio headed us in front early on but instead of doing everything to hold on to our lead we actually dominated the game looking for more goals. We missed several chances and hit the post and finally got the 2nd goal when Stoisavljevic bent in a shot from 25 yards into the far top corner.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi*, Lykogiannis (Terzic), Topic, Racic, Mijatovic, Stojic (Knezevic), Gavric (Stoisavljevic), Ellinton Antonio

We were **** here but got the win when Ellinton Antonio headed in the winning goal.

--

1923.png

Lineup - Gordic, Khellven, Markovic, Ferraresi (Madzarevic), Lykogiannis*, Topic (N.Petrovic), Racic, Mijatovic, Stojic (Knezevic), Gavric, Ellinton Antonio

We end the month with a comfortable 4-1 win although we did fall behind. Lykogiannis scored a beautiful free-kick.

--

SUMMARY

Just the 4 games this month and it went very well as we won all 4 games including a huge victory over PSV Eindhoven in the Champions League. That win immediately gives us a huge boost in our efforts to have European football after Christmas.

As for the league due to Partizan Belgrade's shocking start to the season we are already 8pts clear - the title race is definitely over.

At the end of the transfer window I did bring in a backup striker. I paid £2.9m for Romario from Flamengo. He is raw but extremely quick and can finish well so I think he will fit in well as cover for Ellinton Antonio and as a result I have demoted Tedic down to the Graficar squad.
romario.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ELLINTON ANTONIO
EA.png

--

SUPERLIGA
SEO.png

--

1648496131522.png

SERBIA

UEFA Nations League Division A Group 1
poland.png

Lineup - Gordic, Milenkovic, Kovacevic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Terzic), Grujic, S.Milinkovic-Savic, Kabic (Gavric), Ilic*, Radonjic (Zivkovic), Vlahovic

WOW!!!!

What a start this is to my international management career as we destroy Poland 5-0 away from home. Only one of my Red Star players made the starting XI - Gordic - but there were 6 others on the bench.

--

UEFA Nations League Division A Group 1
germany.png

Lineup
- Gordic, Milenkovic, Kovacevic, Pavlovic, Ristic, Grujic (Racic), S.Milinkovic-Savic, Kabic (Zivkovic), Ilic, Radonjic, Vlahovic (Jovic)

Meh. Success here was never on the cards really and we kept it respectable I suppose.