FM22: Border Adventures - The Journeyman Series

CoxieFM

Reaction score
Border Adventures (0) – Intro blog

Posted on 6 Apr 2022 by CoxieFM - CoxieFM – FM Blogger (wordpress.com)

The Journeyman Series
slide1-6.jpg

Welcome

To my first journeyman series on FM22 titled “Border Adventures”.
Before we get started I’d like to say “Thank You” for taking the time out of your day or night to read this new series and if you are new to my blogs “Welcome” and please click here to my page. My previous FM22 blog save was the “SAF Challenge Aboard – SpVgg Greuther Fürth, however I only managed them for a season and a half before I got sacked which ended the challenge.
Right, back to the new series…..

Now what is “Border Adventures…”
You pick a base nation that you want to start the save off in. For me, I have picked the nation of Poland, which I have had experience in this nation on a previous iteration of FM and I feel like it would be a great place to start the journeyman in and have a lovely mix of nations surrounding them. The nations are as follows; Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine, Germany, Belarus and Russia*, of which I have only ever managed in Germany, so the other six nations would be a new adventure to manage in. I will only be using nations that are on the game and not using any downloaded databases/nations.
*Russia, due to recent events I have decided to remove them as personally I don’t think people would be interested in reading about Russian clubs at the moment. So with that in mind, it reduces it to five nations that I can move in and around in…
image-13.png

I may have a little twist in the series….

And this could feature as the series goes on/once I have left the nation of Poland and for example if I then moved to Czech Republic this would then open up Austrian leagues as they are not in the original start up of the series which I could move into in the future and then I would then remove nations like Ukraine and Belarus who do not border the Czech Republic.
Another example could be Germany who have in total 9 bordering nations – Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, (Luxembourg – not on FM), Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland. So there is a potential and freedom to move around more nations as the save goes on.
However, I could just stay in the likes of Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine, Germany and Belarus after Poland.
Starting the series off…
I have started this series off as a Sunday league footballer as I have played for Black Country Fusion over 30s side a few season ago and I have no coaching badges as due to COVID, my FA level 1 course which I got cancelled and I was absolutely gutted about.
image-15.png

So, CoxieFM has landed in Łódź airport in Poland, to take over as the first team manager of ŁKS Łódź on a one-year deal worth £450 p/w.
image-16.png

Can this unknown Englishman get them back into the Ekstraklasa at the first time of asking as the media world predicts the club to finish in 1st this season.
image-21.png

I knew I liked this club, literally days after taking the reins they have given me the chance for my first coaching course of this series.
image-20.png

Returning to ŁKS Łódź…

I have returned to the “Stadion Miejski” as that I have managed them before on FM21 in a series called “Knights of Spring” and I do have a mini-fanbase of ŁKS Łódź supporters (dziękuję). A blog called “Knights of Spring” #7 In the Onslaught, that is, the Englishman leads the ŁKS in the game Football Manager, was for the official club website to, click the link here to see what questions they had asked me.
Tactic…
This is the tactic, I’ll be rocking for this save and there is also a left sided version of this tactic too. I will chop and change between the both during this season.
image-19.png

Preseason…

Saw a mixture of result with the first four games against teams in the top tier of Poland (Ekstraklasa) and then the final two games against teams in our division.
image-18.png

Other Journeyman Rules…

When you read up on journeyman saves, you might come across certain rules that other FM creators have for this challenge and stick by but in my journeyman series I will be slightly bend the rules a wee bit. After all, it’s my save and want to enjoy it….
They are as follows;
  • You should start your save unemployed – I have already chosen my starting club and will be revealed in this Intro blog.
  • Your reputation as a player should be Sunday League and you should start with zero coaching badges – Happy with this as I haven’t done any coaching badges in real life, however I have played Sunday league football before Covid…
  • You cannot use the in-game editor to accentuate your progress – I never use the editor anyway.
  • You should mask the attributes of players, so in case you want to make new signings, you need to scout them thoroughly – I normally don’t mask attributes and will decide on this when game is released or I might try this out on the beta to see how I get on.
  • You can’t stay at a club for a period longer than 2 or 3 seasons – Now this depends on how well I am doing or not doing at a club as I wont hop from club to club just for the sake of it. If it takes me two seasons to get the club into the Champions League then of course, I will stay at the club for an extra season or two as winning this competitions is a must during this save.
  • Job offers/Jobs applied – Take account league reputation, team reputation and opportunities to showcase my managerial skills. More money, more problems…..
  • Win domestic league/Cups – You have to move clubs if you win either the league or cup competition. Well that depends if I win the top tier of the nation I am in then I would want the chance of European football the following season before moving to a new club.
My favourite Brummie Llama…

image-17.png

FM LLaMa

A fellow FM content creator gave me the idea of Border Adventures which he did on FM20 and I’d like to say a massive thank you for the idea and also allowing me to use the title for my blog series. I have linked his socials and his first episode of his Border Adventures in this blog for you guys to check out.
Please click the link on the video below to check out FM LLaMa brand new journeyman series called “Mercenary“…

In the meantime, please feel free to leave a comment with any feedback and questions and don’t forget to check out all the other blogs on here and you can follow me on Twitter here.
See you next time on border adventures…
slide1-7.jpg