F

FourOne41

Welcome to this first post of my FM22 save with Siena in Serie C.
Screen_Shot_2020_10_17_at_9.53.14_AM.png.jpeg

Formed in 1904, based in Siena, Tuscany the club are known for their traditional black and white stripped kits which were derived from the city's coat of arms. Siena play their home games at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, built in 1923 it is one of the oldest stadiums in Italy. Former notable players include Middlesborough goal machine Massimo Maccarone, Chelsea forward Tore Andre Flo and the legendary Enrico Chiesa who is now probably more famous for being Frederico's dad!

siena_top-1100x821.jpg

Why A.C.N. Siena 1904? I have long since been a fan of Italian football, it's ingrained in most of my generation from the Saturday morning's spent watching Gazzetta Football Italia. Siena were once a safe mid-table Serie A team however they have fallen on hard times and find themselves in Serie C these days. I think it's time to change that! For the save I am going to be using Mustermann's skin, you cannot see attributes, only a colour guide gives you an indication on a players ability and the player and staff searches are disabled. So to appoint staff we will have to place a job advert and thorough scouting will have to be done before we sign a player. I want to create a club DNA, as you will see in the squad analysis below, we do not have any great youth prospects. Our facilities are adequate so when the opportunity arises I will be requesting an upgrade, I plan to employ a HOYD that prefers the same formation as myself and when we do delve into the transfer market, I plan on mostly signing Under 23s.

Squad Analysis

Position1st2nd3rd
GKIvan LanniPaolo BastianelloTBD
RBLorenzo LaveroneChristian MoraTBD
CBLuca CrescenziLeonardo TerigiTBD
CBClaudio TerziDaniel DumbravanuTBD
LBAlessandro FavalliRicardo FarcasLorenzo Zaccone
DMCassio CardoselliTomaso BianchiMatthew Guillaumier
CMSteeve-Mike EyangoCristiano BaniNiccolo Marcellusi
CMSalvatore PezzellaMarco MeliVincenzo Gatto
RWMichael FabbroStefano GubertiTBD
LWGiuseppe CaccavalloHeythem KerbacheFrancesco Disanto
STAlberto PaloschiMatteo ArdemagniTBD

Based on my preliminary analysis of the squad, it is actually a decent enough group of players for the level we are at (Serie C). We have good first choice players who I think are more than capable of helping us mount a title challenge right from the off. The group who I class as our second choice players are still good players who are more than adequate to provide cover when we have injuries, suspensions or simply need to rest players. Our third choice is where we struggle, these are what I would consider to be the youth prospects, likely to step up in the future. We have some very promising midfielders but sadly that is all. I'd really like it if we could just bring in one young defender during this first transfer window.

Sienal calcio.png
team instr.png

I did try for a 4-1-4-1 but ultimately decided against it, at this level I think we need to have attackers further up the pitch. Central midfield is undoubtedly our strongest area so it made sense to use a defensive midfielder and two central midfielders. As defence is our weakest area, the most logical approach here was nothing too fancy, keep it simple therefore the players are less likely to make individual errors that will cost us points.

I'll leave it there for the introduction, thanks for taking the time to read.