FM23 Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

• Thread starter StudentOfTheGame
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1K
S

StudentOfTheGame

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 11.02.07 PM.png

I've struggled to really get into a lot of saves this year, but hopefully, I've found the one that I'll be immersed in for a long time. The
The rules of the save​
  • Simulate to November 6th (the date Sir Alex took over a second-from-bottom Manchester United side) and take over the team 19th in the Premier League​
  • The save does not end until you have taken that team to win everything Sir Alex won during his illustrious Manchester United career.​
  • To emulate SAF's focus on youth every matchday squad I field must contain at least one player produced by my club.​
Additionally there are some time limits to emulate how long it took SAF to do certain things, I won't be ending the save if I miss any of them but they exist as a guide:
  • Win the FA Cup within 4 seasons – Sir Alex won the FA Cup in 1989/90
  • Win the Premier League within 7 seasons – The first EPL title won by SAF was in 1992/93
  • Win a Premier League/FA Cup double within 8 seasons – The first double won by United under Sir Alex was in 1993/94
  • Win Three Premier League/FA Cup Doubles within 13 seasons – The Treble won by Sir Alex in 1998/99 included his third Premier League/FA Cup Double
  • Win the Premier League/FA Cup/Champions League Treble within 13 seasons – In 1998/99 Man United won the treble
The full trophy haul we need to match or better:
  • 13 Premier League titles
  • 5 FA Cups
  • 4 League Cups
  • 10 Community Shield Wins
  • 2 UEFA Champions League Titles
  • 1 Intercontinental Cup Title (I won't worry about this but if I win the Conference that'll be it)
  • 1 European Cup Winners Cup (I'll substitute a Europa League)
  • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

And after simulating to the 6th, the team is...

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 11.12.58 PM.png

Can't wait to get into this!​