fmf files... what are they!?

simonhillier

Reaction score
Morning all,

First time poster. I have been trying to download the databases that have the British lower regional leagues. I have found the download, but every time I try to use it, it says it uses fmf files which my laptop can’t find a way to open. Any ideas? What is an fmf file? I haven’t had problems previously when downloading similar databases, not sure what I need to to be able to open it?

Thanks

You need to download the editor if you want to change, or select the file at game start menu to use in a save.

Unless I misunderstand your question, here is the answer:
You do not need to 'open' the .fmf files. You only need to place them in the editor data folder. Then simply start new game with that file enabled from the menu. .fmf files are editor files that can be used to edit the games database before starting a new game. I hope that answers your question, and that I have not misunderstood what you are asking.

Thanks for the responses! So when I try to download the database, very soon after clicking download, I get the file appear at the bottom with the normal options of open or save as. You’re saying that I want to save these files in the editor folder?? Can someone remind me again where I’d find that folder? I have (I think) the most up to date version of windows...

thanks in advance!

The installation instructions should be published on the site you are downloading from.
But yeah, you don;t need to open the .fmf file at all. Just put it in the right folder and the game will find it when you start up.

Thanks for the responses! So when I try to download the database, very soon after clicking download, I get the file appear at the bottom with the normal options of open or save as. You’re saying that I want to save these files in the editor folder?? Can someone remind me again where I’d find that folder? I have (I think) the most up to date version of windows...

thanks in advance!

You don't necessarily need to save it in the editor data folder. You only need to copy the .fmf file to the editor data folder after it has been downloaded (save as, not open).

I am currently using windows 10. This is where the editor data folder is for me:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data

Since you are using windows, that is where you will find the folder. Copy the .fmf file to your 'editor data' folder, and then run football manager. Before you start a new game, you can select which editor data files to enable. From there, select the file you copied into the editor data folder, and make sure it is the only file selected, and then start the game. That should work.

Last edited:
But the FMF file in Football Manager 2010 is not detected in the game menu,
even though it has been copied in the editor data,
how can the FMF database file be used in Football Manager 2010