Hi mates can't get any tac file to load ....help please

Hi mates can't get any tac file to load ....help please

Me either

That is because you don't load tac files. Is this your first year playing FM? Or did you play FM14, FM13, etc..? Tac files are treated like they were then. It is only the new fmf files that you have to upload into the game. Tac files you just drop into your tactic folder, and then when you are in the game, go to the tactic screen, click the drop down and then "Archived Tactics". A smaller drop down will appear with all the .tac files in there.

Yeah, the .tac files are in my tactics folder - same folder as before the update for that matter.

Can't see them as archived tactics.

Yes, I've played every iteration of FM, and CM since CM2... I've just deleted them and reworked them as fmf because I'm sick of trying to get .tac to work.

If you can't google or take a look in the appropriate forumsdue to suffering from tunnel FM syndrome (like me), here is the links needed to find out WTF to do to get the tactic you need to work.

Tactical changes Beta to full - FM15

www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-tactics/183557-tactic-changes-beta-full-fm15.html

View attachment 703130

@Tommihelm wrote: If you download a .FMF file and don't know how to get it into the game:

1. On the tactics menu choose "Manage Tactics..."
2. Click "Import"
3. Find the .FMF file where ever you put it on your computer.
4. Load it and it will now show in the menu as before.

BUT, It will not show up in the Archived Tactics part. If you want it to you have to go to Manage Tactics once more and use the "Export" option to save it as a .TAC file.

Will not reply to this tread btw, will update as needed if you got more problems :)

Is the tactic performing differently on
o.png

Yeah, the .tac files are in my tactics folder - same folder as before the update for that matter.

Yes, I've played every iteration of FM, and CM since CM2... I've just deleted them and reworked them as fmf because I'm sick of trying to get .tac to work.

Then there is something you are doing wrong. You must be forgetting a step. Maybe what you think is a .tac is actually an fmf. There is nothing you need to do with a tac file aside from just dropping it in your folder. So, what you have must not be a tac file.

For .tac's:
When you start your save and go to the tactic screen, there is going to be a box that says Tactics, and then have a few sentences below it. THen in the bottom of that box it will have a choice to "Skip tactic creator". Click that. Then the tactic screen opens up and the team's generic/default tactic will pop up. The drop down is within the name of that tactic. For example it will be like" 4-4-2 and then have an upsidedown triangle showing that it is a drop down. When you click that 7 options will show up, some are greyed out. But they are:
-Set Formation
-Archived Tactics
-Auto Assign Roles
-Auto Assign Duties
-Save
-Clear Slot
-Manage Tactics

The "archived tactics" is where you go for .tac files, and it will be listed right there within its drop down. "Manage Tactics" is where you go for fmf files. But there are more steps to it. After you click Manage Tactics, an empty grey box will pop up saying Manage Tactics. At the bottom of the box you will see "Import", "Export", "Delete", "Copy". CLICK "Import". Another box will show up, that box is your tactics folder where you drop all your tactics into. But it will only show you fmf files since you only need to import fmf files. You do not need to do this for tac files. They are automatically in the game once you drop it into the folder. Back to the fmf...in that box representing your tactics folder, all the fmf files will show up that you dropped into your tactic folder. Click the one you want and then click load, it will then take you back to the "Manage Tactics" screen, and that will show you all the fmf files that you have already loaded into the game for that save for that manager. Highlight/select it and click Import. It is now in the game. It will be listed in that main drop down. It will be the very first thing listed in that main drop down that i showed an example of above. All that just said is JUST fmf files. .Tacs you just drop into your folder and they will be located in the archived drop down. That simple. If they aren't showing, then there is something YOU are doing wrong, or there is something wrong with YOUR computer, or there is something wrong with the .tac/.fmf file you are trying to get into the game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the game causing this to happen to you.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ruvio

The same happens to me, I have read a lot of threads about this and nobody seems to know how to get them to work, most give the same explanation USMNT does but it simply does not work for me.

I have the .tac files in
C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\tactics , but when I open fm15 it doesn't seem to recognice them, the option Archived Tactics simply doesn't appear.

I have no problem importing .fmf files from that same location where i put my .tac files.

Help is appreciated.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ruvio

The same happens to me, I have read a lot of threads about this and nobody seems to know how to get them to work, most give the same explanation USMNT does but it simply does not work for me.

I have the .tac files in
C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\tactics , but when I open fm15 it doesn't seem to recognice them, the option Archived Tactics simply doesn't appear.

I have no problem importing .fmf files from that same location where i put my .tac files.

Help is appreciated.

SI is in the process of eliminating .tac files. That is why we also have fmf files. In FM16, it most likely will only be fmf files. This year is a transition year. That is why we have had the option to use both .tac and .fmf. But that has confused a lot of people. After the update to 15.3, it seems like their programming has went further in the direction of eliminating tac files. Some still work though. Some don't. Any .tac file that I had prior to the update to 15.3 no longer appears. But I did DL a .tac file from here after the 15.3 updated, and it appears in my archived dropdown.

If your .tac file is not showing then there is really nothing you can do. There is a workaround though. Did you have that .tac file loaded up to your tactic screen in a previous save? If so, re-load that save, go to the tactic screen and then re-save the tactic. It will then save it into a fmf file.

If you are not able to do that, then go back to where you got the tactic and find the information to recreate the tactic yourself and then save that.