[ FMH 2014] TACTIC BigV 4-1-2-2-1

pauloyoshi

Reaction score
Hello, I just want to share an interesting tactic for FM Handheld 2014.
Later I'll post some results and statistics about it, but for now I can say is an interesting Pressing/Possession/Attack aproach to the game. You can dominate ball possession in most of the games and create an huge number of goal chances. So, better the Striker and the Inside Forwards, more goals you'll get.

Code:
[B]FORMATION[/B]: [B][COLOR=#008000]4-1-2-2-1[/COLOR][/B]

[B]TEAM INSTRUCTIONS[/B]:
Team Mentality: [B]Attacking[/B]
Passing Style: [B]Short[/B]
Tackling: [B]Committed[/B]
Pressing: [B]ON[/B]
Offside Trap: [B]ON[/B]
Counter Attack: [B]OFF[/B]
Men Behind Ball: [B]OFF[/B]

[CENTER][B]PLAYER TACTIC ROLES[/B]:
CmF
InF              InF
BWM   APM
BWM
WBk   BPD   BPD   WBk
GK[/CENTER]

CmF = Complete Fwd.
InF = Inside Fwd.
BWM = Ball Winning Mid.
APM = Adv. Playmaker
WBk = Wing Back
BPD = Ball Playing Def.
GK = Goalkeeper

My humble share. Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Hi Ronaldinho.

I'm testing it with FC Porto. I was able to win AC Milan away for 4-1 using this tactic.

I'll try also to test it with a small team, but probably it will need some tweaks on defensive roles and team mentality.

I'll post it later.

This tactic has been very good for me so far, im Luton Town in the conference. I've won my first 5 games and only conceeded 1. I dominate every game & always have more shots and possession. I will play the rest of the season and let you know how it goes.

I used this tactic and Porto and Jackson Martinez scored 57 total goals. It was quite amazing. Lost only 3 matches all season.

this tactic works well.... possesion, shots, goals, and of course cards have increased...good tactic well done

I don't post here very often (at all) but wanted to post and say that I've used this tactic and it's worked very well.

I started unemployed and got a job with Shrewsbury. Employed this tactic and got off to a flying start. I was sat in the playoffs at christmas of my first season (Shrewsbury were predicted to fight relegation). I tailed off in the new year but that was as much to do with my small squad than the tactic.

Second season and after a few signings to suit the tactic, I'm joint second with 10 games to go.

I find the APM is very important. I have a decent one and when he's injured or dropped it's not as effective. He gets most of the assists.
However, in my second season I changed this player to a Box to Box midfielder and I've found it works a bit better. That might be down to that particular player however.

But as the OP says, the inside forwards are key. I signed a good one (Matt Green from Birmingham City) and he is a goal machine with this tactic. 35 goals so far this season from right inside forward.
Your central striker does more holding up and laying off for the midfield than scoring himself, so choose your strikers based on that.

Overall the tactic isn't a miracle tactic, but I find when you beat teams with it you REALLY beat them. It produces a lot of goals. You'll concede them too, but with good inside forwards you'll be winning games.

Enjoying it a lot.

Last edited:
More feedback on this from me.

Still playing the same FMH14 game and still using this tactic. it's working very well for me!

Got sacked from Shrewsbury after taking them into the Prem and finishing 12th in my first season. Harsh!
Took over Boro and won the Championship at the first attempt. Then got offered the Southampton job so took them over.

With Southampton I won the FA Cup and have just won the league in my 3rd season (los tout on goal difference on the last day on my second season!), so the tactic works!

I've only recently tried making some tweaks. My concern after winning the league, despite the good results, was I was conceding too many goals, and I was getting tonnes of suspensions due to the hard tackling.

Tried changing the tackling to normal and felt this really did impact the tactic for the worse. Maybe coincidence, but I wouldn't suggest changing that. You'll have to live with all the suspensions!

Next I tried going "normal" instead of attacking and I feel this has worked much better. I tried this when I was at boro and it didn't work, so maybe it can only be done when you are in charge of a good team.
But since the change I'm hardly conceding at all but still creating lots of chances. It means if my strikers have an off day I don't end up losing 2-1 because I'm leaking so many goals.

So that's my suggestion. Keep the tactic as it is, but once you get good, a tweak to a more cautious approach seems to work very well