fuelledbypassion

Complete Legend
Reaction score
I've not played FM13 much at all since it's release, not because it's too difficult or too easy, and not because it's unrealistic. It is the closest I'll ever be to a football manager...until next year's release, at least. The catchy, attention grabbing title doesn't make this another misdirected, anti-FM thread - quite the opposite actually.

I've spent the best part of two years researching football history, and particularly the legends that played it. Now I have decided to put some of that back out into the community, in the form of a new site. Now, it's at a very early stage, and not nearly ready to go live, but I would like some feedback all the same.

FM LEGENDS - The World's greatest game; the game's biggest idols...

The site is designed to help anyone and everyone to import realistic attributes and create realistic replicas of the game's greatest ever players. What I'd like opinion on, is the sort of thing that the site should include, I've got subheadings for:

Attribute Guides - a page that describes what each attribute actually means and how it affects ability.
Attribute Ladders - a chance to look at each attribute from 20 down to 1, and compare each player (vital in creating accurate stats and attributes)
Coaches - a page with links to legendary managers, coaches and even chairman or board members
Goalkeepers - links to former 'keepers
Defenders - links to former defenders, based on their primary position
Midfielders - links to former midfielders, based on their primary position
Attackers - links to former attackers, based on their primary position

I'd like to know what sort of things should be included? There will eventually be links to download graphics and files for each player, as well as a form of contact to help me introduce stats for players to add, and feedback to help improve the players that have already been uploaded.

The site's at a very early stage (as I've had to learn he processes of making a site from scratch) but hopefully I can crack on and get it up and running as soon as possible, and everyone will be able to add their favourite icons into the game we all love.

So yeah, any feedback, no matter how small, would be appreciated. Should the attributes be coloured to distinguish the highs and lows? Should I add screenshots of the players, in game? Should I include a page for group downloads - eg. to download classic teams, or leagues, or eras? Any suggestion will be considered, although I have a limited ability in graphic and web design :)

Looks brilliant, glad you got it working. loving the screenshots, looking to forward to seeing the site when it's done :)

am i correct in saying that you will be putting the attributes in yourself for the ledgends? or are you guiding players of the game to put there own players in and witht the use of your attribute create their player?

something little you could add in is the obvious favoured personel and dislikes.

am i correct in saying that you will be putting the attributes in yourself for the ledgends? or are you guiding players of the game to put there own players in and witht the use of your attribute create their player?

I'll put a link for each player so that my version of each player can be downladed (along with complete player histories, preferred moves, personnel likes and dislikes etc), but anyone is free to alter these for their own game. I am putting players at their most relevant/longest serving clubs, at the age at which they signed. I am sure some users may wish to change player ages and other attribute ratings that they disagree with, but the objective is to make the players as accurate as possible.

It won't be like a forum, more of just a resource for others to use any information that they wish to.

Last edited:
I'll put a link for each player so that my version of each player can be downladed (along with complete player histories, preferred moves, personnel likes and dislikes etc), but anyone is free to alter these for their own game. I am putting players at their most relevant/longest serving clubs, at the age at which they signed. I am sure some users may wish to change player ages and other attribute ratings that they disagree with, but the objective is to make the players as accurate as possible..

Very impressive. well all the obvious things are there. Can you still put injuries on editor I.E using brazillan Ronaldo you can put the cruciate ligament damage to both knees. you could also do future transfers which could be a nice touch and like you said if the player wants to change them they can.
It won't be like a forum, more of just a resource for others to use any information that they wish to.

This looks great. Ive tried to make my own legends database, but it was VERY minimal. Id really love a Football manager game with pretty much all teams recreated with all time legends but i know this would be very difficult and time consuming. Good Luck! Looks brilliant so far...

Here's a sample of a few players that Ive done so far, but I've not completed the overhead pages yet so it's not ready to go live.

View attachment 329213View attachment 329214View attachment 329215View attachment 329216

This looks brilliant, really does. One bit of feedback would be in the middle column of attributes, you have the attribute rating twice, which looks a bit odd. Maybe find another way of doing it, but that really is only minimal and me looking for something to help you. Also, the attributes look like the player in their prime, while the ages don't match - for example I don't think Baresi should have 20 for marking while he's only 14 years old, maybe make it slightly higher with a high PA so that it can get up to 20.

Top work though, genuinely. Well done and good luck with the site.

This looks brilliant, really does. One bit of feedback would be in the middle column of attributes, you have the attribute rating twice, which looks a bit odd. Maybe find another way of doing it, but that really is only minimal and me looking for something to help you. Also, the attributes look like the player in their prime, while the ages don't match - for example I don't think Baresi should have 20 for marking while he's only 14 years old, maybe make it slightly higher with a high PA so that it can get up to 20.

Top work though, genuinely. Well done and good luck with the site.

The first thing was intentional but I'm not sure that it works too well. I'll have a play around and see if I can improve that.

The attribues are the exact values that you should input into the editor, the CA value will bring them right down to a more accurate value for their age. The values are what should be reached at peak (PA) ability.

Last edited:
Looks great! Deserve some recognition for this after the amount of work put in. Good luck and keep us updated please.

Pretty dam awesome if I do say so myself

Right, I've had to redo the whole thing using a more powerful website builder. It's still at a very early stage but it has gone live as I wanted to see how everything was working.

I am aware that:
* there are no downloads available (will be updated on the release of fm14)
* some links are under construction (but most of the player links should work fine)
* the search bar isn't yet functioning correctly

Basically just have a look around, let me know of any other problems that you find, and remember, it's at a very early stage and is still a work in progress...

fmlegends

Guys, just a quick update to let y'all know how it's all progressing....

I've decided to leave the editing until FM15 (so downloading is unavailable), but feel free to input the numbers yourself to replicate any of the 60 legends that have been added so far. The search bar function is limited at the minute but will be improved and updated in the future, when/if the site sees more traffic. Hopefully, a mobile friendly version of the site will be up and running soon too.

Please take the time to look around the site and give any feedback you can, and also follow the site's twit account for constant updates on new players added. I'll leave you with a few images, and hope you can find the time to check out the site:

www.fmlegends.co.uk

View attachment 423057View attachment 423056View attachment 423054View attachment 423053View attachment 423050View attachment 423048

Oh, I haven't created a Facebook page yet but the twit account is up and running, as is the tumblr account -

follow @fmlegends_co_uk for regular updates