Why would you get all of them? Don't FMRTE and FMSE basically do the same thing?

I think the only necessary one is Genie, but down the line - when you've played through atleast 1 save without outside help (imo 1st save should always be vanilla, to get the complete football manager experience). I used it extensively on my other saves in previous versions.

Used FMRTE when it used to be free (which was a few years ago, can't remember which version) - once the dev made it pay-to-use I stopped using it.

Why would you get all of them? Don't FMRTE and FMSE basically do the same thing?

I think the only necessary one is Genie, but down the line - when you've played through atleast 1 save without outside help (imo 1st save should always be vanilla, to get the complete football manager experience). I used it extensively on my other saves in previous versions.

Used FMRTE when it used to be free (which was a few years ago, can't remember which version) - once the dev made it pay-to-use I stopped using it.

Funny story on that one. I was reading between FMSE and GenieScout and I was sold on the review, etc on FMSE, just to find out that even some of my players wouldn't come up on it. So I bought GenieScout, the only other option on that site, used it for a day until the game was updated and I couldn't use it. Curiosity gets me, so I search what happened to FMRTE this year and find out that its out and it's compatible with the new update. Could've swore that FMRTE used to be on the website where I get the FMSE and GenieScout before, but apparently not this year.

* GenieScout is in there, because I actually only use the programs for scouting

Bigger question is why you want to use it?
Dont want to say how you should play the game, but does it not take all the fun out?

It depends on what you want to do.

If you just want to scout, you can use all, for free.

If you want to scout and check how players develop, you need to use Genie Scout and if you play very fast, you need the "g" version, aka pay for it

FMSE, FMRTE and the in game editor are need to be bought to be used to change a lot of things in the game, from tactics knowledge to players attributes, etc.

I always use Genie to be equipped with the same tool that the AI has: knowledge of the regens that appear before the AI snatches them. Usually, the AI knows where the best regens are, don't know how, but its a big coincidence.

The other editors i use when im in the 10th season and want to have some fun, so use the one who has the best things for you. Last year i was on FMRTE, this year im going to the in game editor. just because.

Bigger question is why you want to use it?
Dont want to say how you should play the game, but does it not take all the fun out?

It depends what you do with it, and what is the meaning of fun for you.