FMSB - The new software to aid your FM experience.

Liam

Reaction score
FMSB otherwise known as Football Manager Squad Builder, is software being developed to aid you in putting together your preferred team, seeing how they'd link up, which roles would be strongest for each player and most importantly how well you're likely to do in the league!

Primary features:
  • A chemistry rating based out of 100 based on player's adaptability, languages and role in your team.
  • A 'Pick my formation' feature, where we pick the best formation for your current crop of players.
  • An estimated adaption time feature for your new players, we've always wondered when our players will finally settle, right?
  • A beautiful program design, lightweight and will work with all versions of FM13.
Okay, now for the bore, I'm looking for programmers interested in getting involved, also looking for translators.
If you're interested, let me know! :)

Also, looking for suggestions, so get commenting.

I'm not a programmer and couldn't help out on the project, but just wanted to say it sounds like a brilliant tool!

it would be good if we can check whether a player can settle in the present team before buying him (using scouting data)

Again, not a programmer as such, but I love the sound of the 'pick my formation' tool. That seems to be half of my problem, half of the time, so I would definitely find a use for something like that. :)

Not a big fan of programs like this, I see it as a form of cheating. Would be a help to a lot of people though!

I have a very basic understanding of programming but I doubt I'd be of use.

Sounds good, if the program is already in beta stage. If not, then I can't really see how you will finish in time before FM14 is launched.

Out of curiosity, how does the 'pick my formation' feature differ from the pre-season advice offered by your backroom staff?

I've never found the pre-season advice for formation to be helpful at all, often they recommend a formation where I don't have the proper personnel to staff it. And half the time I don't retain the backroom staff at the start of the save.

It would be nothing like back room staff, it'd take into consideration player's stats, best roles and link them up into a formation, it'll also provide you with the best team settings to get the best results, but I think this is more likely to be released for FM14 now. As it's going to take a while and all I've got so far is a team builder containing every player in the game haha. XD