I’m trying this out in my Huddersfield Town save. In the 4th season and won the EPL with Daniel King’s 5-2-3 DiMartino tweak but was getting bored/no longer effective. Like this tactic a lot so far but do any of your players play unnecessary cross field balls or blind passes that are intercepted by the opposition and ultimately lead to a goal?

Hi there!

Currently testing this tactic in FM18 and it seems great, thank you!

One question tho: i'm trying to come up with a small variation when facing stronger teams (Champions League) or in situation where i'm winning for 1 goal difference and the opposite team is pressing those final minutes.

For that, I'm thinking about replacing one of the forwards for a defensive midfielder (efectively making it more 4-3-3 than 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 on those particular situations). Would you recomend it? If yes, what kind of player instructions should I replace / add for it to work smoothly?

Thanks a lot!

Hi there!
Currently testing this tactic in FM18 and it seems great, thank you!
One question tho: i'm trying to come up with a small variation when facing stronger teams (Champions League) or in situation where i'm winning for 1 goal difference and the opposite team is pressing those final minutes.
For that, I'm thinking about replacing one of the forwards for a defensive midfielder (efectively making it more 4-3-3 than 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 on those particular situations). Would you recomend it? If yes, what kind of player instructions should I replace / add for it to work smoothly?
Thanks a lot!

Never tried it, as I'm to lazy to change anything in a tactic during a match. But please do try, and share your results. :)

This tactic is really good. I'm using it in SC Freiburg and works like a charm. Thank you!

Ok brate, probat cu sa Liverpool...mislim da moze biti super ;)

Ok bro, will give it a spin with Liverpool...i think it could work very nicely ;)

This is a very underrated tactic in this forum for FM2018 since this thread was created.I have been managing 3 teams so far in a career using this tactic, the only tactic slotted in all 3 slots in my tactic screen.In my first year with WBA, I didn't use this tactic at all as the other tactic was working just fine. Then I jumped to Napoli and the tactic that i was using didn't quite work well. Then I bumped into this tactic. I deployed it directly into the game and my first match was up against Koln in Champions League. Ever since that Koln match, I have been using the very same tactic uploaded by OP until my current career in Real Madrid. Please refer to screenshot of my results throughout the season in Napoli. I'm not going to post the results with my current Real Madrid team because any tactic will work well with Real Madrid team. Even right now after i patched the game, this tactic is still working well. Again, try this tactic out. Just plug N play. Ignore any OIs etc.

Hi (H)
what do you use for individual training and general training on FMT ?

Using this tactic in 4th season with my Hull team, and it's amazing. Both strikers scoring, even though they aren't suited for F9 role, and wingers dog great.

Cutrone 25 apps - 22 goals - 11 assist
Pellegri 19 apps - 13 goals - 5 assist
Moise Kean 23 apps - 9 goals - 9 assist
Simone Lo Faso - 25 apps - 9 goals - 11 assists.

I only have right footed wingers actually, but Moise Kean is still performing well on the left wing, i guess his left foot, ain't that bad.

I can surely recommend this tactic, and with 1 "big" foward like Pellegri, and a small one like Cutrone, almost every cross is won, and becomes a danger for the other team.

Duvida

Boas pessoal.
Gostava de saber se esta tatica ainda funciona?
Gostava que me respondessem.
Obrigado.

Boas pessoal.
Gostava de saber se esta tatica ainda funciona?
Gostava que me respondessem.
Obrigado.

Sim. Para mim é a melhor tática que encontrei em todos os fóruns. Pode usar sem medo. Recomendo!

Outstanding tactic, using it together with a 4-3-3 Wide tactic, works wonders :)
So far I'm managing Skellefteå FF (Sweden) and it's going really well, back to back promotion and I'm now topping Superettan (the next higest league in Sweden)

It's the Christian tactic, it's on the share tactics section.

Thank you, really thank you! I lost the joy of playing FM2018, I was without playing since January, no matter what I did I wasn't able to win games at all... togheter with some other changes in the game and I lost the passion to play it...

.. but now with your tactic, wow! great! :)

Hi ppl. I've been a bit bored with FM in the last couple of months, so not really playing much. Decided to start a new save, but now with a realistic tactic, so why not giving this FM2016 gem a go? I picked one of the weakest teams in the MLS: Minnesota, signed a bunch of free transfers, selled a bunch of expensive players, and here I am. Top of the table, playing some beautiful consistent football. This is not the best tactic outhere, but it still makes you overperform greatly, and let me say no tactic plays better looking football. That's for sure!
View attachment 44935View attachment 44934View attachment 44933View attachment 44932View attachment 44931

PS: THIS IS NOT MY TACTIC THE AUTHOR IS FM14SERBIA
Full credit to him.

Last edited:
Hi ppl. I've been a bit bored with FM in the last couple of months, so not really playing much. Decided to start a new save, but now with a realistic tactic, so why not giving this FM2016 gem a go? I picked one of the weakest teams in the MLS: Minnesota, signed a bunch of free transfers, selled a bunch of expensive players, and here I am. Top of the table, playing some beautiful consistent football. This is not the best tactic outhere, but it still makes you overperform greatly, and let me say no tactic plays better looking football. That's for sure!
View attachment 1170409View attachment 1170410View attachment 1170411View attachment 1170412View attachment 1170413

PS: THIS IS NOT MY TACTIC THE AUTHOR IS FM14SERBIA
Full credit to him.

ALl fm16 tactic work well on fm18 i have tired more fm16 tactic to fm18 and work very well!!!