FMT- Tactics and help for Touch Football Manager

seksemaster

Reaction score
Yesterday i decided to make a comeback to FM, and went for the FM-touch on iPad but I'm struggling to

make any tactic work. Does anyone have a decent tactic that can be used with Chelsea or with an mid-

table club ?

Any advice or suggestions ?
:)

- Ive looked at Langvatns tactic tester website and this forum. Seems like no one makes anything spesifically for the FM-Touch.

- Maybe someone got some suggestion about bargains after the latest update, who to go for on a new game?​

You don't need to make anything specifically for FM Touch. It's the same ME.

Trust me WJ its not the same, i really struggled with tried and tested tactics from here for a long time. Try Jesaustralia's favourite fm17 tactic (4312), so far so good for me. You need a tactic that doesnt rely on personal OI's as you cannot set them on touch.

FM touch is by far the hardest platform to get good results on in the game range. I warn you, you will let the same goal in again and again and again whether the striker is world class or league one standard.. down the wing, one cb sucked across and other cb doesn't cover for a tap in or simple headed goal.

Good luck keep us informed how you go on

Trust me WJ its not the same
It's still the same ME and AI. Whether you agree or disagree on something else is fine, but this is a fact.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments WJ and Pure Luck, il give it a try ;)

Are there more hints & tricks guys?

Here's a setup I've been having some success with recently on FM mobile.

I've had effective setups that used wide players when managing better teams, but packing the middle seems to work well with smaller/less talented teams.

I was trying to set up a diamond because it suited my personnel, but the team couldn't hold the ball. I tried moving the DLP from the DM strata to the CM strata and ball possession/recovery/cycling has been much better.

I've also found using both "pressing" and "men behind the ball" is effective at getting the midfielders to cover the right players/space when one of the outside mids is pulled wide to defend.

bc48f9f0bbd2b28f7075ac11148c3db7.png

4f6f80d689730423a1fe118ba0ce089e.png

7684959fc322334f44769ddc15381d52.png

I have wondered whether the Touch version works better with 17.1 tactics/formations that 17.3 (or latest PC updated) version. Some of the tactics posted on here for the original release work better on my Touch save. Might be wrong, just a hunch

Slowly learning so little Touch quirks/tips

One thing I've found out is that common to misconception, you can assisgn opposition instructions, it's just only accessible during match.

My main questions are around training such as tactic familiarity, has that dynamic been removed from the game in terms of team performance/match engine?

My main questions are around training such as tactic familiarity, has that dynamic been removed from the game in terms of team performance/match engine?
Tactical familiarity doesn't exist in FMT.

Tactical familiarity doesn't exist in FMT.

I know its not in the menus, but in terms of the rest of the game/match engine does that mean that any tactic is treated as 100% familiarity?

I know its not in the menus, but in terms of the rest of the game/match engine does that mean that any tactic is treated as 100% familiarity?
YES, because it doesn't exist. There is no familiarity. So YES, with there being no familiarity to build, it'll automatically be 100%.