Reaction score
This story will be take two on my 'Managing the Most Successful Club in the World' save after that one unfortunately crashed. The good news is because I have now got good experience managing Rangers I will now make this save even better. The previous one was really over before it began, I went on to beat Celtic in the Scottish Cup before going on to win the trophy and get Europa League football for the second season. I had however not got round to posting this in my previous thread, hopefully this one will bring better memories though!

View attachment 192735

The 2014/15 season for Rangers will be easily forgotten and will most likely be seen as the worst in the clubs history, they finished third behind both Edinburgh clubs as Hearts romped to the Championship title and then were well beaten by Motherwell over two legs in the play-offs. The defeat to Alloa in the Petrofac Training Cup after leading them 2-0 at one point was another massive blow for the club having been beaten in extra time in the final the season before. This season will be Rangers fourth entry to the competition which they have been amongst the favourites to win every season. It wasn't a season without highs though as we witnessed the first old firm game for 2 years as the sides met in the Semi Final of the League cup with Celtic the eventual winners 2-0.

This season will be a new era for Rangers as a number of players departed due to end of contract and a number of exciting new players have been recruited. Rangers have been without a manager for this recruitment stage as David Weir was brought in as assistant manager at the end of June and has gone on to build almost a full new side.

Rangers have finally announced their new manager, Dave King has decided a new young squad will be coached by a new young manager. Life long Rangers fan Craig Smith will take over at the age of 35.
View attachment 192732

Good luck, Rangers are always a good team to start a career with, let's see if you can get them back to where they belong.

Good luck, Rangers are always a good team to start a career with, let's see if you can get them back to where they belong.
Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to it. My save last year lasted over ten years where I had a similar run to the famous 9 in a row.

The season begins with the Petrofac Training Cup and Scottish League Cup Draws, both see us draw ties at home.

Petrofac Training Cup
Rangers 3 vs 0 Edinburgh City
Paul Rooney (OG, 5)
Danny Wilson (17)
Nicky Clark (67)

Not a brilliant win but a win nonetheless and into the second round.

Scottish League Cup
Rangers 2 vs 0 Elgin City
James Tavernier (Pen 38)
Dominic Ball (62)

Once again we weren't outstanding but another win and clean sheet as we progress!

Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round Draw
Dumbarton vs Rangers

Scottish League Cup 2nd Round Draw
Raith Rovers vs Rangers

Two tough ties for us there away to Championship sides and we'll definitely have to perform better than we did in the first rounds.

Next Up for us is our first league game, newly relegated St Mirren will arrive at Ibrox on Friday night for the first game of the new championship season.

Scottish Championship
View attachment 192727

Great performance! Great way to start the journey of our return back to the top! We were excellent here. Barrie McKay was superb. Jason Holt even scored just six minutes into his first game as a Rangers player!

Next up it is Alloa away in the league next weekend hopefully we can pick up another three points!

Scottish Championship
View attachment 192723

Another strong performance by us and that's four wins from four games! Ryan Hardie showed last season he's capable at this level and hopefully now with more opportunities he can grow, a great finish from him here gets him off the mark for the season. Barrie McKay was terrific again and nets his third league goal in two league games.

Next up for us is an away trip to Dumbarton in the second round of the Petrofac Training Cup.

Scottish Petrofac Training Cup 2nd Round
View attachment 192721

Great result from us, Dumbarton have lost both of their opening League games so we knew this one was a winnable game for us and we've duly delivered. Great win, bring on the Quarter Finals!

Scottish Petrofac Training Cup Quarter Final Draw
Rangers vs Brora Rangers
Hibernian vs Falkirk
Morton vs Stenhousemuir
Raith Rovers vs Annan Athletic

We have drawn Brora Rangers in the quarter Finals of the cup, should be comfortable but they have already caused a couple of upsets so might be a tough game. Hibs vs Falkirk looks like the tie of the round, I am interested to see how that turns out.

Next up for us it's a massive one!! Hibernian come to Ibrox in the league, early title match?

Scottish Championship
View attachment 192715

What a game from a neutrals point of you! Great advert for Scottish football, both sides went after what would've been a huge win. Gutted we couldn't take advantage having led twice, what a crazy eleven minutes it was from the 69th minute until the 80th minute. James Keatings for me was the man who ran the show for Hibs, had he not have been playing I think we would have taken all three points.

Next up we face Raith Rovers away in the League Cup second round which will be a tough match.

Scottish League Cup 2nd Round
View attachment 192712

This game certainly won't be remembered, it was a very dull game with few chances. We'll take the win and the advancement to round three where we will draw a Premier League side. Pleased with the side to advance, it'll be tough to match last seasons performance in this competition.

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round Draw

Rangers vs Dundee United
Falkirk vs St Johnstone
Kilmarnock vs Motherwell
Partick Thistle vs St Mirren
Dundee vs Hibernian
Dunfermline vs Celtic
Livingston vs Inverness CT
Aberdeen vs Stranraer

The draw see's us up against familiar rivals in Dundee United, both sides have attracted each other in cup draws for years and this season will see us face them again. Looking forward to our first match against Premier League opposition to really test ourselves.

Next up for us is a trip to Palmerston Park to face Queen of the South who are also unbeaten from their first three league games this season.

Scottish Championship
View attachment 192710

Another unbelievable game! What a second half! Queen of the South led against the run of play at half time and I couldn't believe what I was seeing a swift second half reply brought us level but then two poor mistakes from Andy Halliday and we were 3-1 down. We looked like we were going to lose our first game of the season but a change in formation clawed us back substitute hero Nicky Clark fires in twice against his old club to ignite a phenomenal comeback!!

Scottish Championship end of August
View attachment 192709

Great first month of the Championship season, us and Hibs are neck and neck with St Mirren creeping up behind us. We lead only on goals scored which could be key come end of the season. St Mirren right back in it despite losing to us on the opening weekend.

Next up for us is a home match against Raith Rovers at Ibrox in the Championship where we hope points will be dropped elsewhere.

Transfer Dealings
Not much action from us as the window slams shut, Tom Walsh & Fraser Aird leave for loans along with a couple of the younger lads.

Our only signing of the summer see's veteran John Eustace sign on a free, he's currently out injured for 3 weeks so don't expect to see him anytime soon! good signing with great experience although he's definitely not a signing for the future.
View attachment 191694

Anyway, onto the next month of action September!

Scottish Championship
View attachment 191693
Great performance from us here! Our fullbacks were unstoppable. All credit goes to Lee Wallace & James Tavernier who guide us to victory here!

Next up for us is Livingston arriving at Ibrox in the championship, they have started well this season so I'm sure it'll be a tough game.

Scottish Championship
View attachment 191683
We knew Livingston would be tough to break down and that was definitely the case here, an own goal separates the sides. It wasn't pretty but we'll take it as we move 6 points clear of them and give them their first league defeat of the season.

Next up for us is a trip to Dumbarton in the league, we've already gone and won 5-1 there this season. Hopefully something similar?

Scottish Championship
View attachment 189719
Ryan Hardie is the man of the moment his two goals from the bench guide us to an important win after a poor start.

Next up for us is Dundee United at Ibrox in the Third Round of the League Cup. Really looking forward to this one!

Scottish League Cup Third Round
View attachment 189711
One Hundred and Twenty minutes played and the sides unable to be separated, a very dull game to say the least with just one shot on target between the two sides in two hours of football. We score 5 from 5 in the shootout and Foderingham saves a penalty to send us through to the quarter final! Great result but the performance wasn't quite up to scatch.

Next up for us it's back to the league as we are away to Morton.

Scottish League Cup Quarter Final
Hibernian vs Livingston
Motherwell vs Rangers
Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen
Celtic vs St Johnston

Away to Motherwell in the League Cup, tough fixture but one we will relish as it is a chance to make amends for last season's Championship promotion play offs.

Scottish Championship

View attachment 189706
Another tight game for us as we're making hard work of it this season, luckily McKay scores a terrific goal to get us an important win.

End of September League Table
View attachment 189705
So at the end of September we are just two points in front but every lead counts. Hibs have only lost once from Livingston who are looking tough opposition early on. We are still undefeated in all competitions which is a highlight as is St Mirren's early struggles, they are eleven points behind us already and looking like they're going to have a mountain to climb to win the Championship now.

Next up for us is Falkirk at home, they haven't started the season well but they will still be very tough opponents.

October 2015

Scottish Championship
View attachment 189056
We seem to be very strong at the back at the moment but we're not exciting enough going forward. Never doubted the win and we didn't disappoint. A draw for Hibs away to Queen of the South is a very good result for us.

Next up for us may not seem like a big game but I think it matters a lot to us after past experiences, we are at home to non league side Brora Rangers in the Quarter Final of the Petrofac Training Cup.

Scottish Petrofac Training Cup
View attachment 189055
A good win here takes us through to the semi final! Good win for the lads although I felt against non league opposition we should create more chances. I'll take the win in the end though.

Scottish Petrofac Training Cup Semi Final Draw
Morton vs Hibs/Falkirk
Rangers vs Raith Rovers

There we have it! 5 sides left, all championship sides. Raith Rovers beat us in extra time of the final of this competition so hopefully we stay professional here and pick up what would be an important win.

Next up for us is a home league match against Queen of the South, They will be tough opponents as they sit in 4th and have already drew 0-0 with Hibs recently at home.