Footage of Asian fans being attacked at a football stadium in Euro2012 host nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
BBC News - Asian fans racially abused in Euro 2012 stadium

Sol Campbell has told the BBC's Panorama that Euro 2012 should not have been awarded to Poland and Ukraine, due to the racist and violent attitudes of some supporters.
The former England captain advised fans to "stay home, watch it on TV... don't even risk it."
UEFA, European football's governing body, have defended their decision, and said awarding the tournament to the two nations was an opportunity to improve their image and tackle social challenges.
Chris Rogers attended one match in Ukraine where he saw Asian men being kicked and punched, despite supporting the home team.

Marvellous. I'm sure in six years in the world cup in Russia it'll be much better, too....

I really don't understand all this.. We know there are racists in those countries, we've always known.. We don't need Panorama, SSN, & Channel 4 all doing "special reports" on the issue of racism is Eastern Europe.

But the most annoying thing is that it is a minority! The way it's been plastered across all forms of media is as if the entire nation is full of racists.. Jeez.

When they charge Porto £20k for racism, and £40k to Wenger for challenging a referee - Shows their attitude towards to the whole debacle.

I really don't understand all this.. We know there are racists in those countries, we've always known.. We don't need Panorama, SSN, & Channel 4 all doing "special reports" on the issue of racism is Eastern Europe.

But the most annoying thing is that it is a minority! The way it's been plastered across all forms of media is as if the entire nation is full of racists.. Jeez.

It's irrelevant if it's a minority if it's a significant issue. The minority of the country is obese, does this mean we ignore it as an issue?

It's irrelevant if it's a minority if it's a significant issue. The minority of the country is obese, does this mean we ignore it as an issue?

I don't know were you are from, but it's not like racism as an issue is a problem exclusive to Poland and Ukraine.

I don't know were you are from, but it's not like racism as an issue is a problem exclusive to Poland and Ukraine.

Please highlight the point in my post where I suggested that in the slightest.

But that doesn't make his point any less valid. Just because obesity isn't exclusive to the UK doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

That's one of the ways racism works. Let's find some example of something disgusting done by a few men of that other race and make it into something that's characteristic of his race and something we must expect of all of them. If you see someone not of your race/country then be careful and don't go to their country because...

(This was in reply to Aaaandy's post)

GodCubed: True. But the fact someone saw a group of ten obese English men doesn't make England a country of obese WATCH THE OLYMPICS AT HOME! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF HYPPOPOTAMUS MAY CRUSH YOU TRIPPING NEARBY!!

Last edited:
But that doesn't make his point any less valid. Just because obesity isn't exclusive to the UK doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

What I mean is were would you suggest the eurocup was hosted instead, because every european country has racism issues to one or other extent.

What I mean is were would you suggest the eurocup was hosted instead, because every european country has racism issues to one or other extent.

But pretty obviously to a much lesser extent than Ukraine. You can't compare England to Ukraine in terms of racism, for example.

But pretty obviously to a much lesser extent than Ukraine. You can't compare England to Ukraine in terms of racism, for example.

I'll quote you:

A tweet from Stan Collymore - Will BBC be showing London riot videos pre Olympics? Highlighting racist twitter abuse to black Britons?Showing "Paki/BNP" on estate walls?

Well it's not a secret that UEFA is driven by a bunch of incompetent conservative idiots, who would take it in the **** for money. It would be pretty interesting to know how much it costs to bribe the UEFA. Poland and especially Ukraine are very undeveloped compared to the rest of Europe, seriously what were they thinking?

Last edited:
My prediction for headlines leading up to the 2014 World Cup: Stay at home and watch it on tv or you'll be kidnapped.

That has to be stupidiest thing i read all month. Might just as well not organise Euro at all then.

In fact , lets just prohibit both club and national football on all levels on entire planet, i'm quite sure you can find a racist or two in every country.

I've seen this before, racial abuse,hoolaganism in England, what happened to stop it, total ban from european competions and exclusion, now we have Ukraine/Poland, places where there more racist, organised groups and happens every match, consequnces none, awarded EURO 2012. This will end with person/persons being killed by these thugs and this euro being remebered as a total failure and huge mistake by UEFA for awarding them this competion. I wouldn't go and im white, too risky with no safety procedures and useless police/stewards to stop the violence when it breaks out. Sure others will say im wrong, and i hope so too, really do, we shall see very soon ???.

LOL. Yes, because that's exactly what I meant.. Racism clearly is not an issue. No.

My point is, we do not need reporters going over there to talk to a small group of retards in an attempt at making some scaremongering bullshit. Of course there are racists in Ukraine, Poland, Russia.. There are also racists in Spain, Italy, France, & UK.. It's not the fact that they shouldn't be reporting on racism, it's the way they go about it that gets on my nerves.

LOL. Yes, because that's exactly what I meant.. Racism clearly is not an issue. No.

My point is, we do not need reporters going over there to talk to a small group of retards in an attempt at making some scaremongering bullshit
. Of course there are racists in Ukraine, Poland, Russia.. There are also racists in Spain, Italy, France, & UK.. It's not the fact that they shouldn't be reporting on racism, it's the way they go about it that gets on my nerves.

That's the media for you. Papers like the Daily Mail do this constantly, and people actually believe it.

^^^ Pretty much agree with Andy. Of course it's an issue and it should be being dealt with by Uefa by not awarding them the Euros in the first place, but also should be implementing their own safety measures and punishments rather than letting the rubbish host nations police deal with it.

But when people are going to Poland/Ukraine and reporting like the majority of people are extreme racists it's not helpful at all. There are other countries where racism is an issue too. Mario Balotelli is like he is partly because of the amount of racism directed at him in Italy, an there have been issues when England went and played in Spain and monkey chants were heard and bananas thrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.