Footage of Asian fans being attacked at a football stadium in Euro2012 host nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
too risky with no safety procedures and useless police/stewards to stop the violence when it breaks out.

Well at least police in England has done such a perfect job during London riots, aye? If there's anything to be said about hosting Euro in Poland/Ukraine, its that security forces are quite capable of handling anything that happens, because they're wont be pussyfooting if **** hits the fan.

I seriously doubt you would have any trouble with the locals whatsoever just by going to Euro. Unless you don't know how to behave yourself. Then again, as proven during WC in RSA, very cheap beer and equally cheap, pretty hookers can get to people's head and some may start acting like they're kings of the world.

Ridiculous how they focus on the far-right in these countrys, without mentioning the the anti-fascist teams/ultras and what they do to counter this sh*te. It's hardly surprising though, it's a talking point for your average football fan.

Remember two years ago in South Africa, prior to the World Cup, the BBC & SSN done a similar sensationalist thing on crime there. Saying they would be massive problems etc - What happened? Nothing. Crime, poverty and racism are deep rooted, almost systematic problems in many societies, not just in Eastern Europe.

Yes racism is sickening whenever and wherever it appears, but people getting on a moral high horse after watching Panorama is going to to f*ck all to combat it. Solidarity with antira and antifa groups in Eastern Europe might have some effect, but then again your average fan isn't going to give a sh*t.

Ok, panorama may be scare mongering a bit but also showing reality in Ukrainian football that's had the spot light turned onto it, but how do you explain the **** salutes, chanting about jews at every game that's played in the Ukrainian top league, young kids,women all joining in as though it's so normal to do, police only interviening when major fighting breaks out, and the stewards hardly get involved, just stand there watching, it as it happens. Seems to me that this tourniment will have violence outside the stadiums and racist chanting in games with flares been thrown along with seating, that won't be covered up easily by the ukrainian authority's and i think these hoolagans will fight with anybody, especially the English fans as england play Ukraine in one of there group matches.

So much focus on racism before this tournament just makes it be more under the spotlight if something does happen.

So much focus on racism before this tournament just makes it be more under the spotlight if something does happen.

Oh something is going to happen, not sure when or where but i know it will unfortunately.

Oh something is going to happen, not sure when or where but i know it will unfortunately.

There was talk of all this kind of stuff before South Africa World Cup and it ran really smoothly, lets not put racism at the forefront of this tournament and give it the spotlight it doesn't deserve.

There was talk of all this kind of stuff before South Africa World Cup and it ran really smoothly, lets not put racism at the forefront of this tournament and give it the spotlight it doesn't deserve.
Nicely put.

Yep, Englands is far more racist than Ukraine.

People focus on the topic of the thread, which is racism in UKRAINE & POLAND, first off the championship is not in England, so racism in england has no influence here, secondly the authority's in the host nations seem to be completely blind to the racism in there country's or just pretend it dosen't occur as only want to get to tourist's to visit and spend there money's there.

I keep reading about other country's problems with racism, that issue has no bearing on the EURO 2012 competion, let's keep the spot light where it deserves to be at the moment, not diverted to other country's problems instead. Do wonder have people from these country's answered here and tryed to change the main focus of this thread away from there country's bad image problems.

Yep, Englands is far more racist than Ukraine.

Well thats a load of **** for one, but also not the point.

At the end of the day. What they did here was scaremongering. Of course there is an issue, but the real problem is if the footballing authorities don't deal with where they can.

The tournament kicks off this weekend. So lets close this for now

Status
Not open for further replies.