Football Hooliganism is it still around????

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K
yer tottaly agree mate. 1 question why do you hate chelsea so much lol.

1.What lead you to believe he hates Chelsea?

2.Don't start on off-topic conversation PM him, all that's going to do is change the subject of the thread to 'Chelsea' and yet another thread will get closed.

1.What lead you to believe he hates Chelsea?

2.Don't start on off-topic conversation PM him, all that's going to do is change the subject of the thread to 'Chelsea' and yet another thread will get closed.

It says 'chelsea are scum' next to his name thats all i only asked in a friendly way i was just curious calm down.

It never went away. Unless it happens in front of the tv cameras in a way which is unavoidable to miss, it doesn't get commented upon. So pitch invasions and a fights inside will cause attention, throwing darts and coins or having a fight outside (unless it verges on a full blown riot) won't.

Just as an example (and it is just that - this kind of thing goes on almost everywhere), have a peek at what the police confiscated at the Manc derby for the Leage Cup match. Doubt there was a pub in Manchester which had a full set of arrows afterwards.

Not just a British thing (much as UEFA and FIFA like to pretend it is). Italians are nasty - slashing away fans in the street, chucking things down from above (like, erm, scooters - I **** you not) etc. Dutch and Germans and Poles all have their nasty elements.

What amuses me the most is when Americans don't realise that their sports fans also get involved in sports nothing to do with football. Baseball, american football and ice hockey fans have all rioted (albeit not in the ground) and fights are far from uncommon. They try to move it away from being sports related though when reporting it. If a couple of dozen ice hockey fans are arrested after a game for beating each other up, it's drunken people arrested coming home from a game. If a couple of dozen football fans do that, it's 'hooliganism'.

It never went away. Unless it happens in front of the tv cameras in a way which is unavoidable to miss, it doesn't get commented upon. So pitch invasions and a fights inside will cause attention, throwing darts and coins or having a fight outside (unless it verges on a full blown riot) won't.

Just as an example (and it is just that - this kind of thing goes on almost everywhere), have a peek at what the police confiscated at the Manc derby for the Leage Cup match. Doubt there was a pub in Manchester which had a full set of arrows afterwards.

Not just a British thing (much as UEFA and FIFA like to pretend it is). Italians are nasty - slashing away fans in the street, chucking things down from above (like, erm, scooters - I **** you not) etc. Dutch and Germans and Poles all have their nasty elements.

What amuses me the most is when Americans don't realise that their sports fans also get involved in sports nothing to do with football. Baseball, american football and ice hockey fans have all rioted (albeit not in the ground) and fights are far from uncommon. They try to move it away from being sports related though when reporting it. If a couple of dozen ice hockey fans are arrested after a game for beating each other up, it's drunken people arrested coming home from a game. If a couple of dozen football fans do that, it's 'hooliganism'.
totally agree, saw the images when denver (think it was denver) won the pennant and their fans went on city wide riot

yes it is,my uncle who lives in Italy says it ****** hard to get a season ticket cause of all this,its just really a bunch of hooligans who make life hard for everyone else

Back