Reaction score
Football Manager 96/97

I've picked this season as a lot of info is available in CM2 databases which is easy (tedious) to convert over into the FM14 editor. Also largely in part because I support Middlesbrough and we had some amazing players this season.

It will be a slow process due to the detail level that I'll be going into. It's not going to be a quick player and team swap with date of birth changed to reflect the player and staff age at that point in time.

All players will have their playing history stripped back to make it as if it was in that season so we don't get every squad as new transfers. As you can see in the below screenshot, even though Bergkamp retired a while back, he will still very much be a current player, with no time out, according to the game and all previous apps, goals and transfer fees still on there. I'm pretty sure no previous Historic DB has went this deep into it before.

Any player that is not currently in the 14 database will be added in with as much info as possible e.g CA, PA, Height, Place Of Birth, Playing History etc.

All clubs will have the last seasons league history cloned from the 95/96 season eg. Points, WLD, GF, GA etc.

I need to figure out how to change continental competitions entry so the correct teams are entered for competitions in the opening season, so if anyone has some good info regarding this, please feel free to PM me.

Staff being correct as of 96 may be difficult unless I can find some really good resource that has all the info I need. If I can't find this, most current staff will remain at their current clubs (unless they belong to a squad as a player).

All players who where younger than 14 in the 96/97 season will be deleted entirely from the database. For this reason, I need to find as much info as I can about youth players from this time for each team. This may prove to be a bit of a stumbling block. I was considering leaving players in the game but at a higher age. SO maybe have Rooney as a 14 year old at Everton etc. However I think it could make it too unrealistic. It's a shame that there isn't an option to have these younger players appear further on in game at 14 y/o in a regen state with correct PA and name etc.

CA and PA for the most part is directly copied from CM2 97/98 DB. Upon doing this, I realise there are lots of players with inflated abilities. A lot of these will be adjusted as I go along to reflect how they turned out IRL or to reflect the path their careers took.

Club finances, stadiums, reputations etc will be adjusted to reflect how they where in 96. Eg. Arsenal back at Highbury with stadium move to Emirates taking place in 2023.

Leagues

Premier League table;

All teams in England are in correct league down to 3rd Division (Sky Bet League 2). Conference Prem and lower will be largely incorrect due to lack of available info from this time.

Premier League -
Squads Completed

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Middlesbrough

Planned Leagues

All English leagues down to 3rd Division (If possible due to squad info)

Top divisions (and maybe lower if info available) from following countries;

Spain
Germany
France
Holland
Italy
Scotland

More leagues can be added in but it really is dependant on how much info I can gather about them.

It's going to be a slow process due to the detail level but I have lot's of spare time at the minute so I'm happy to invest a lot into it. It has taken a good few hours just to get the leagues and 3 squads completed. I hope to have the English Premier League completed and in a playable state by a week or 2.

If anyone wants to help out with this, it would be a great help. However, the detail level would need to be strictly adhered to as I want this to be the most comprehensive and polished Custom DB there has been.

This looks like it's going to be brilliant mate, it sounds very exciting but will you not be doing it for FM15 since it's close to coming out now? I just have a feeling that FM14s stock will soon fall due to the new one coming out and for me, the new one is the best one since FM12

Here's a thread that may interest you in adding future players as regens :)

Link

If you do use this idea you could always edit them in the in-game editor at a later date (their PA, move them to their actual clubs etc.)