Football Manager 2010 is running dangerously low on memory...

SuperMikey

Reaction score
This is the last resort, i've searched all over the internet for a solution for this problem and tried various things, but nothing has worked.

Whenever I start up FM10, it tells me that Football Manager 2010 is running dangerously low on memory and needs to quit. It then tells me that it tried to allocate some ridiculous number of bytes like 1952818293. This is before it even gets to the start screen. The game then completely freezes up and I have to Ctrl, Alt, Del it to get it to quit.

Anyone got a solution? I've allocated 4000mb of virtual memory on the drive that FM runs off, which is pretty much the max of what my system can handle, but it's still not working. Tried reinstalling the game too, nothing has worked so far.

HELP!

Are you patched to 10.3?

If not, do that.

If so....has it been working fine before? If so, do a system restore to a date when FM was working.

PS. There are already threads on this if you use the search tool.

I am patched to 10.3, yes.
I did search for threads on this, but the search tool didn't find any oO)
I've not had this particular problem before either, so I don't have any first hand experience of sorting it out either...

Ah right, I searched for the error message rather than just Memory...seems simple now!
Game worked fine before this, little slower than usual but that's because I had some spyware lurking on my PC. I'm going to do a system restore now to a week or so ago, which is when it stopped working, and hopefully that will work.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Aghh, the only system restore date showing up on the list is from 20 minutes ago. Brilliant.

it just happened to me :'(

oh well, just delete some tactics

Ah right, I searched for the error message rather than just Memory...seems simple now!
Game worked fine before this, little slower than usual but that's because I had some spyware lurking on my PC. I'm going to do a system restore now to a week or so ago, which is when it stopped working, and hopefully that will work.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Aghh, the only system restore date showing up on the list is from 20 minutes ago. Brilliant.

Have you clicked "show more restore points" ?

There is no such button that I can see, there is a Choose A Restore Point button, but that just takes me onto the menu where I see only one point.