Football Manager 2011 Not Opening

rswan

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been playing FM For yeeeears and I've never had this problem before. I double click the FM Icon and nothing happens. When I do this again, it says Football Manager 2011 Is already running. I tried restarting my computer many many times which had no effect, then I tried pressing Control > Alt > Delete and closing the process FM.exe, which didn't work either. This has just happened after I recently did a system restore. I noticed quite a few threads on different websites with this problem, but most of them just told me to do what i've already done. Any ideas?

Have you got the game installed via Steam?

Make sure Steam is in online mode:
Start Steam
Steam > Go Online

Otherwise try deleting Steam's blob files:
C:\Program Files\Steam
Delete AppUpdateStats.blob and ClientRegistry.blob

As a last resort, delete everything in the steam folder, except steam.exe and the steamapps folder (where all your games are kept)

Have you got the game installed via Steam?

Make sure Steam is in online mode:
Start Steam
Steam > Go Online

Otherwise try deleting Steam's blob files:
C:\Program Files\Steam
Delete AppUpdateStats.blob and ClientRegistry.blob

As a last resort, delete everything in the steam folder, except steam.exe and the steamapps folder (where all your games are kept)

Cheers for the reply. Unfortunately neither of this worked, I actually thought Steam was ruined after I deleted the blob files as I got an error to start with, but when it got back up and running ti still never worked. Any other ideas? :(

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Uninstalled and re-installed another two times, unusually worked on the 3rd attempt. No idea what went wrong, thanks for the recommendations though!