Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calum

Reaction score
images
Arsenal_1886-2011_Logo.png

Thought i would make a thread as the demo's out soon and for the Arsenal fans or any other fans that do a save with the gunners on FM12.

Talk about in here:

* Signings you have bought

* Players you have sold

* Tactic you are using or have made

* How your current save is going

* General chat about your players, Who's playing well/not so well

* Who will be in your First 11

* Any thing else you can think of regarding your Arsenal Save.;)

I will be playing a 4-3-3 like this:
Wojo
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos
Song Ramsey/Wilshere
Artea
Walcott Gervinho
Van Persie

I will get rid of Squillici, Djourou and Almunia, maybe Arshavin. And look to buy a CB, a MC and a ST.

Last edited:
When i get round to an Arsenal Save this would be my team

Szczesny

Sagna
Vermaelan
Mertesacker/Vertonghen
Gibbs

Wilshere
Song
Arteta

Gervinho
RvP
Hazard? if enough, if not Theo :)

Bench:
Fabianski, Kos/Cahill, Santos, Frimpong/Francis, Ramsey, Arshavin, Chamakh

Buy:
Jan Vertonghen
Gary Cahill
Backup RB
If enough Hazard

Sell:
Almunia
Squlacci
Djourou

You guys better hope that they fix up szczesny's stats and potential. He was terrible in 11
View attachment 197186

also wondering if they'll make almunia bendtner denilson and squillaci "unsellable" like in real life

but looking forward to seeing new potential of our youngsters. miyaichi chamberlain afobe aneke ozyakup miquel frimpong and coquelin will hopefully have premier league potential this time and interesting to see how joel campbell goes, not to mention jack jebb, ormonde ottewill, lipman and akpom

Last edited:
i'll keep the current squad, andn sell these flops.

Sell:
Almunia
Squilacci
Djourou

and bring in maybe koviac or eriksen, sanogo, and also harazrd (or matin).

CB pairing: Vermalean and merts or Kos. i'll just get a young back up CB (enquzel munoz, fontas, etc.)

GK: Szczesny
WBR: Sagna
WBL: Santos/Bale
DCR: Vermaelen
DCL: Koscielny/Vertonghen
MCR: Song
MCL: Fabregas
AMR: Wilshere
AMCR: van Persie
AML: Gervinho/Hazard
STCL: Walcott

In:
Vertonghen
Bale
Hazard
etc.

Out:
i don't really care

First team line up:

Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs

Song - Wilshere
Walcott ------------------------------ Arteta
Gervinho - van Persie

I tend to disallow transfers in the first window just to keep slight realism. In January (if I decide to not allow transfers in August) I'll probably buy or look to buy a centre back and a left back.

In: Centre back, left back.

Out: Almunia, loan out a load of youngsters.

Just thinking FM usually have injuries in the game so wont Jack be out till February?

Jack Wilshere is out for 7-9 months in the game

My first team line-up
Szczesny
Sagna - Koscielny/Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Song/M'Vila - Arteta
Walcott - Ayew/Ramsey - Gervinho
van Persie

Brought in M'Vila (25 mill), Shaqiri (5 mill), Granero (4.4 mill), Emre Can (750k) and Ayew (11.25 mill) and got just enough in the bank to get Coleman as a back-up to Sagna.

Shipped out Almunia (1.5 mill), Rosicky (2.5 mill) and Arshavin (10 mill).

few questions before actually starting it (had a look at the squad and some new stuff at the beginning):

- Arshavin is löoking to surpass his IRL quality in this version. But as he's cleary getting on, would you keep him or sell? (i'm leaning towards keeping ATM)
- are Bendtner, Vela, Squillaci (injury) and Mannone transferrable (which price)?
- do we need another left-back? If not, would you play full-backs or wing-backs (also Sagna)?
- agreed with everyone who suggest to sell Rosicky, but... While Wilshere is out, he may be useful squad player plus he is used to be a very good tutor.

few questions before actually starting it (had a look at the squad and some new stuff at the beginning):

- Arshavin is löoking to surpass his IRL quality in this version. But as he's cleary getting on, would you keep him or sell? (i'm leaning towards keeping ATM)
- are Bendtner, Vela, Squillaci (injury) and Mannone transferrable (which price)?
- do we need another left-back? If not, would you play full-backs or wing-backs (also Sagna)?
- agreed with everyone who suggest to sell Rosicky, but... While Wilshere is out, he may be useful squad player plus he is used to be a very good tutor.

Wont be going Arsenal in the demo but in the full game

- I would See if i could get Hazard and if i do i would sell Shava.

- Would doubt you could sell Nick and Vela as they are on loan but you could sell the other 2 if teams want them

- IMO I wont be buying a LB we have two decent ones So i would play Sagna and Gibbs

- Agreed with Jack on Long Term Rosicky could be a first teamer

right i just start last night, and im selling djouro , almulia, and squills. i kept frimps on loan, and promotes miguel to have atleast 4 cbs.

im about to finish signing martin from fc schox for 22m :p

and i just found out our new Cesc Fab (or bastien swichitnger since he's german/ivorian)

View attachment 197314

and talking about lack of confidence :p
View attachment 197313

1. nice idea, but it might be the hardest thing to get harzard tbh, even with money. might have to wait fro the season to end and get him next time. said that keep arvahin for this term, and sell him by then. other wise promte vela role to that area. :)

2.this!

3. this, but with consideration. i havent tried santos yet, but it just get the one for the future (lucas digne):p

4. well said, arteta and yossi are old as :p , so keep rosicky. ashavin can fill in that spot tbh, but for me, im keeping roughly the same, and bringing in martin :p

I've just got Tevez on the relatively cheap :p £16.75 mill and after hours of negotiating, managed to get the wage down to £95,000, but with LOADS of bonuses...

When i get round to an Arsenal Save this would be my team

Changed my team and formation due to the injury to Jack

Szczesny

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelan Gibbs

Song Arteta

Gervinho Arshavin Hazard

RvP

Only Buying Hazard now and Selling Almunia and Squilacci​

Changed my team and formation due to the injury to Jack

Szczesny

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelan Gibbs

Song Arteta

Gervinho Arshavin Hazard

RvP

Only Buying Hazard now and Selling Almunia and Squilacci

this, but wheres walcott.

No offense but this FM has become sooo boring (playing as Arsenal i.e.) without the likes of Fabregas and Nasri around. It used to be very fun and almost a little too easy with those two around. Now it feels like we're lacking real quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.