Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense but this FM has become sooo boring (playing as Arsenal i.e.) without the likes of Fabregas and Nasri around. It used to be very fun and almost a little too easy with those two around. Now it feels like we're lacking real quality.

then it our job to do it right ;)

bring in marvin Martinas a 'cesc' replacement, reasonable for 20m. idk about the wings, but gervhino is good there since hazard is costly fack.

No offense but this FM has become sooo boring (playing as Arsenal i.e.) without the likes of Fabregas and Nasri around. It used to be very fun and almost a little too easy with those two around. Now it feels like we're lacking real quality.

glory hunter ;)

I didn't mention anywhere that I wouldn't still be playing as Arsenal. I absolutely love Arsenal to death even if we were to drop to the Blue Square. But it just feels different this time around.

Lol Vlad was joking :) cause you said without Cesc and Nasri it was boring ;)

what just like real life!!

Sitting P3 in the league after 4 games. Beat West Brom 3-2, Swansea 6-0, Norwich 7-1 and drew 1-1 with Rovers. Also got into the CL group stage after beating Twente 6-2 on aggregate. Scoring goals for fun but some games the defence is average (typical Arsenal :p). van Persie and Walcott are in beast mode with 9 goals between them in the league. Of my new signings Ayew is definately the best, has played well on the left wing and when I've played him in the middle.

Sitting P3 in the league after 4 games. Beat West Brom 3-2, Swansea 6-0, Norwich 7-1 and drew 1-1 with Rovers. Also got into the CL group stage after beating Twente 6-2 on aggregate. Scoring goals for fun but some games the defence is average (typical Arsenal :p). van Persie and Walcott are in beast mode with 9 goals between them in the league. Of my new signings Ayew is definately the best, has played well on the left wing and when I've played him in the middle.

which Ayew ?

Andre.

Reckon I might try getting Jordan in another game and see what he is like as well.

Is it me or has SI got the finances wrong at Arsenal. They have Arsenal in over 200million of debt which is not true.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/39814/free-video-ivan-gazidis-on-financial-results

I
am also sure I read that our stadium debt is now down to £96m and paid up by 2015 and not 2029 like they have in the game. For me this is a huge mistake if they keep this in the full release.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Also Wenger had £50 million before he bought Mertesacker and Arteta, he sold Clichy, Nasri and Fab so they why does Arsenal only get £45m to start with. It should be at least £60m.

Is it me or has SI got the finances wrong at Arsenal. They have Arsenal in over 200million of debt which is not true.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/39814/free-video-ivan-gazidis-on-financial-results

I
am also sure I read that our stadium debt is now down to £96m and paid up by 2015 and not 2029 like they have in the game. For me this is a huge mistake if they keep this in the full release.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

Also Wenger had £50 million before he bought Mertesacker and Arteta, he sold Clichy, Nasri and Fab so they why does Arsenal only get £45m to start with. It should be at least £60m.

net debt is ~90mil, gross debt is ~200mil i believe.

"wenger had 50mil". don't think so

I got rid of Chamakh (really struggled. Had to sell him for like 5 mil.) Rosicky (about 2-3 mill) Djourou (on loan).

Bought:
Hamsik 26 M (He is really, really great both as CAM and CM).
Papadopoulos 11 M (Excellent CA and PA, and a fine backup DM)
Mbaye Niang 10 M (exciting potential. Bagged a couple of goals already)
Sime Vrsaljko 775 K(!) (THE buy in FM? Excellent backup and huge potential)

This is my current lineup (roles included)
GK: Szczesny / Fabianski
LB: André Santos / Gibbs (Defend)
CB: Vermaelen / Papadopoulos (Defend)
CB: Mertesacker / Koscielny (Defend
RB: Sagna / Vrsaljko (Defend)
CDM: Song / Coquelin (Supportive)
MC: Arteta / Ramsey / Hamsik (Advanced PM)
MC: Ramsey / Diaby (Supportive CM)
CAM: Hamsik / Arshavin / Benayoun (Attacking)
CF: Van Persie / Arshavin / Park (Complete)
CF: Walcott / Gervinho (Poacher)

Playmaker is Hamsik
Target man Walcott / Gerv. Run onto ball.
I think this tactic molds Wengerball with good old fashioned counter-attacking football. Walcott is so deadly on the break!

I have to say I've been fortunate with injuries and some players have really lifted the team in poor games. Arteta has produced some stunners. Santos saved me with a cracker against Spurs. RVP is a demigod. Gervinho (retrained to striker) has bagged them in (hat trick and red card against Liverpool
grin.gif
)
Didn't think it would go so well, but luck is always good to have on your side.

View attachment 198005View attachment 198006View attachment 198007View attachment 198008View attachment 198009View attachment 198010View attachment 198011

Last edited:
There has been much speculation about the finances of Arsenal, for instance the Swiss Rambler has done some really interesting research. Truth is that we don't know all the details, and considering the current economical situation, it's possible that the board has agreed to hold back and save some liquid cash for a rainy day.

I have not read through all the posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned but if you are looking for a right back to rotate with sagna get iraola. only 4 mil but still class backup for sagna. he does not demand much wages either. But seeing as I only started one save so far I do not know whether I purely got lucky in getting him.

I have not read through all the posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned but if you are looking for a right back to rotate with sagna get iraola. only 4 mil but still class backup for sagna. he does not demand much wages either. But seeing as I only started one save so far I do not know whether I purely got lucky in getting him.

u want a youg good rb, then dont miss out the 'romantic' Romario that is glorious help that spot in be sangas replacement, :p

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

DB10's squad depth looks incredible. wish it was like that IRL. ;)

and does teh game end at Jan 1 (since is it a 6 month save) or Later. im still in October atm!

Bought in Shwarzer, Cahill, Van der Wiel, Chrsitian Eriksen and Thiago Alacantra

Sold Rosicky, Djourou and Almunia.

Suprise suprise nobody wanted Squillaci and have Diaby on the transfer list too. Managed to scrape 2.5 for Squil over 48 months in the end just before Jan transfer window started

Sitting top on even points to city and utd 3 points behind. Whats even better is Harry the twitch has already been sacked by the yids and Villa-Boas has gone too

Looking forward to the game being released now

I have just started with Arsenal. There have been lots of wins pre-season, generally from good performances, but a few goals shipped.

My 1st game in the league was away to west brom, where I had very little possession but managed to win 2-1. Arsenal created the better chances but I am bit unsatisfied about the lack of dominance. It was a bit better when I switched to 4-4-2 diamond, and used the DMC and fullbacks to man mark their AMC/R/L, and be more adventurous with the rest of the team but something is still not right.

2nd game was Rubin at home. 4-0. Slow first half with a flurry later on but a dominant performance overall.

I play a 4-5-1 and have bought Moussa Sissoko and Neven Subotic, and just secured Danny Simpson on a seasons loan.

Lineup looks like this:

GK Szceszny/Fabianski
RB Sagna/Simpson (Wingback)
RCB Metzelder/Subotic
LCB Vermaelen/Djourou
LB Gibbs/Santos (Wingback)
DMC Song/Frimpong (anchorman)
MLC Arteta/Ramsey (Advanced playmaker attack/support)
MRC Sissoko/Coquelin (Ball Winning Midfielder Support)
AMR Gervinho/Walcott (Inside Forward Attack)
AML Arshavin/Rosicky (Advanced Playmaker Attack)
SC Van Persie/Chamakh/Park (Deep Lying Forward Attack or Targetman Attack for Chamakh)

Sissoko was bought in because I wanted some physical presence in Midfield. Fellaini was my first choice but his agent was asking for crazy fees and the board wouldn't sanction it. Sissoko was a bit more expensive but is performing pretty well.

I was disappointed with the defense pre-season so have shipped out Koscielny and would have got rid of Squillaci but for a long term injury (he'll be off in January hopefully). I also wanted to get rid of Diaby. He has the physical stats I am after in midfield but some deficincies elsewhere, and really seems very fragile. However, his fragility means he is injured and I will have to wait to offload him.

Subotic was bought in as a replacement centreback. I wanted Shawcross but he isn't overly popular with the Arsenal squad (surprise surprise) so I looked elsewhere.

Simpson is on loan as a stopgap until I can afford better RB cover. I felt Jenkinson was a bit raw for the job. Might look to get him some loan experience. Long term I will be looking for decent competition for Sagna though.

I will be looking to give Frimpong, Coquelin, Oxlade-chamberlain (AMR) and myiachi (AML) some game time, and will give Sczeszny and Fabianski a chance to prove themselves before I look for a new GK.

So far I have noticed that my central playmaker sets up most of the goals, and that Walcott is lethal in that inside forward position. There also seems to be a lot of headed goals from corners.

Frustratingly Wilshere is out long term, but I am unsure where to play him. On the right as another advanced playmaker should help with dominating possession (neither Walcott nor Gervinho are great in this regard). However, running from central midfield he should be awesome, and it seems the key position in this tactic so far. Play him there and I am a bit oversubscribed in that position, as I really want to play sissoko in the other central midfield slot for his physical traits which are lacking in the middle and in general for Arsenal. Arteta may have to compete with Arshavin as a wide playmaker longer term as I see Ramsey as having good long term potential. Rosicky will have to go too despite playing well. I don't want him barring the way for my prominsing youngsters out wide, and I am already well blessed creatively in the centre.

I've bought Andreas Beck and Simon Rolfes for a replacement of Song and Sagna. I want to sell Almunia, Squillaci and Mannone. I think djourou could be a useful player, he was my "joker" in FM11 so he get a chance. Mertesacker's acceleration is low (7) so he doesn't play if i push up defence.

First team line up if i play 4-3-1-2:

Szczesny

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs

Ramsey Song Rosicky
(Arteta)

Arteta
(Arshavin)

RvP Chamakh
(Walcott) (RvP)

Hello there. Good to see people who love this club :)

As we know, this early season Arsenal seems play with 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1 last season. Flat 3 midfield and all free to roam. Now I still trying to compare which the best one between 3 flat midfield or 2-1 midfield. I'm looking from pass rate each players from those position. Any suggestion mate?

Btw, do ya all here know about trusted site who reviewing Arsenal match with details stats? Like players passing, movement, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.