Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys playing with the default 4-2-3-1 that's in the game (3 amc)? I still don't see 4-2-3-1 in fm12 with the wingers. Are you guys manually dragging out the wing positions to wings instead of 3amc?
um,................ yeah !

Update:

UCL : Leverkusen 2-0 Arsenal (Ugh 86th and 91st minute goals..) Arsenal 3-0 Trabzonspor (Just dominated) Arsenal 2-1 AC Milan (Tough game Arteta equalised and Van Persie got the winner!)

1st in the group on goal difference.

EPL: 2nd drawn on points with Man City, They're ahead on goal difference.

Carling Cup: Eriksen played his first game since late august in the 3rd round and set one up and scored one (Loving him, pushing Benayoun out of the team when I play my second more offensive tactic)

Team:

Asenjo
Sagna Per Vermaelen Santos

Arteta Ramsey
Gervinho Eriksen Bastos
Van Persie

Also Im not spending more than 90k wages on any player unless they are amazing and only then am I willing to go up to 95k I'm going to do an Arsene Wenger style Transfer and Finance thing.

Last edited:
Erm... Calum, when he made this thread.

And that's what running on two hours sleep does. It makes you crabby and ultimately wrong. Thought this was the other thread. Many apologies.

And that's what running on two hours sleep does. It makes you crabby and ultimately wrong. Thought this was the other thread. Many apologies.

Haha I accept ;)

Another Wolves defeat again at Monileux this time in the CC i was 2-0 down and we superbly came back to 2-2 then in the 80th minute Fabianski blundered. He was shockiing in that game.

A cup we could have won and we are now out :(

loving the new fm at the moment. Currently top of the league after 6 games won all of them apart from a 1-1 with city. Top of the champions league group as well with two wins against basel & Napiol. i have found gervinho to be a great player and currently my top scorer

my current first team is:
szczesny
sagna kos tv santos
song
fellaini ramsey
arshavin gervinho
van persie

sold rosicky & alumina and planing to sell djourou & diaby in January. But what i was wondering is do you guys have any tips on how to bring the club debt down apart from the obvious ones of not spending money?

Need a new Lb and back-up Rb in January along with a Backup CB

So I dont whether or not to spend it all on Hazard or buy the above.

Whatever one I dont do i will do in the summer though.

Im lovin Arsenal in this football manager. Ive only had to sign marvin Martinas and Sime Vrsaljko <--- Buy him

Plus ryo and oax are amazing back ups cant believe how good they both are. Prob end up selling arshavin and Walcott at the end of the season and buy a young player to back up Van persie. Was thinking Leandro?

Only lost 1 game in 10 so far against Man city away Richards scored in the 92nd min :(

Hello. Started a game with Arsenal. It's fun trying to fix the small mess that they are in. I got Nilmar for 8million and Sven Bender for 10million and I try 4-2-3-1 with Arteta in a Advanced Playmaker role and Bender (hehe) in a ball winning midfielder role. I'm good at attacking however I keep leaking many goals mainly from through balls. Could some one help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Started my save, currently in february...I cant find the right formation to win.

Bought;
Hamsik for 26.5mil
Juan Manuel Vargas 15mil
Koen Casteels 3mil
Alberto Paloschi 3mil
Ignacio Camacho 4mil
Frederik Sorensen 2.5mil
Sime Vrsaljko 2.6mil
Lorenzo Crisetig 1.4mil
Semed Yesil 1.2mil
Emre Can 2mil
Sergey Ignashevich 6mil
Arne Friedrich Free
Stephan El Shaarawy 11.5mil

Sold;
Arshavin 20mil
Djourou 10mil
Song 14mil
Chamakh 10mil
Rosicky 3mil
Almunia 1.2mil
Mannone 1.5mil
Miquel 1mil + 30% of profit next sale
Squillaci loan 650k (hopefully Villa buy) option to buy 4.5mil
Koscielny loan 2.5mil (hope for Wolfsburg to buy) option to sell 7.5mil

Starting XI
GK- Woj
RB- Sagna
LB- Santos
CB- Mert
CB- Vermaelen
CM- Hamsik
CM- Arteta
LW- Vargas
RW- Gervinho
ST- Paloschi
ST- RVP

Subs
Casteels
Park
Sorensen
Miyaichi
El Shaarawy
Walcott
Crisetig

Won the Carling Cup
Lost to Middlesbrough in the FA 5th round, got 2 reds in the first half and never recovered
Lost 5-0 in the first leg Champs 1st Knockout round to Napoli (thats crazy)

Sit 5th in the league but only 9pts behind 2nd...be a battle for 3rd I think

Dont understand lol we doing great in the league winning 6 games in a row up to third beating Utd and Chelsea in consecutive weeks and we failed so much in the UCL.

My group was Lyon, Copenhagan and BVB, we finished 3rd :(

The two Lyon games were the killer as in Lyon we were seconds away from a win and we scored an OG. They also beat us at emirates.

Koscielny, Ramsey, RVP, Woj, Arshavin and Gervinho have been class!

Dont understand lol we doing great in the league winning 6 games in a row up to third beating Utd and Chelsea in consecutive weeks and we failed so much in the UCL.

My group was Lyon, Copenhagan and BVB, we finished 3rd :(

The two Lyon games were the killer as in Lyon we were seconds away from a win and we scored an OG. They also beat us at emirates.

Koscielny, Ramsey, RVP, Woj, Arshavin and Gervinho have been class!

Which role do you play ramsey in becuase i can never get him playing well?

Which role do you play ramsey in becuase i can never get him playing well?

Just Center Mid automatic :)

As my midfeild is

Song (DM Defend)

Arteta/Rosicky/ CM Support

Ramsey CM Automatic

Just Center Mid automatic :)

As my midfeild is

Song (DM Defend)

Arteta/Rosicky/ CM Support

Ramsey CM Automatic
Think ill give it a go, im playing him as an adv playmaker support atm but hes not doing too great

Arteta's been a revelation. Playing him as adv playmaker support and he's getting 8/9 every game.
Chamakh & Koscielny have been a big surprise too

Signed Leighton Baines for £10m, all up-front. Playing a 4-4-2 with wingers.

Lost first game away at Wolves, 2-1; Stephen ****** Hunt of all people scored both goals.

Need to sign another striker. Watching Lucas Barrios as he's injured and it'll be a tight squeeze to get him before the window closes.

Signed Andre Ayew for 14.7 mil, Van der Wiel for 17 mil, Otamendi for 14 mil and Willian for 10 mil.

Sold Almunia and Djourou.
4-3-2-1

Szcny
Santos Per Verm/Otamendi Sagna
Song
Arteta Ayew
Gervinho Arshavin(Scoring like a beast)
RvP

I don't know if this is regarded as a spoiler or not, but Arshavin is exceptionally inconsistent. I mean, he is probably the most inconsistent player in the game. Checked him out in the editor and wanted to cry:p

Btw, if you want a 40 goals a season striker, Edinson Cavani is the man. He must be the best poacher in the game. He has fantastic stats and is a very consistent performer. He scored 28 goals in 20 league matches for me after buying him in january...

Last edited:
Signed Leighton Baines for £10m, all up-front. Playing a 4-4-2 with wingers.

Lost first game away at Wolves, 2-1; Stephen ****** Hunt of all people scored both goals.

Need to sign another striker. Watching Lucas Barrios as he's injured and it'll be a tight squeeze to get him before the window closes.

Wolves also beat me 3-0 in my first game with Hunt scoring 2 of the goals lol

Btw, if you want a 40 goals a season striker, Edinson Cavani is the man. He must be the best poacher in the game. He has fantastic stats and is a very consistent performer. He scored 28 goals in 20 league matches for me after buying him in january...

how much did he cost?

edit: wolves have beaten me twice as well once in the league and in the fa cup

Status
Not open for further replies.