Football Manager 2013 - Classic Mode (FMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
about fmc

They must understand in sports interactive that we dont want a game like fifa manager.We want a fm13 better than fm12 not different

They must understand in sports interactive that we dont want a game like fifa manager.We want a fm13 better than fm12 not different

Have you not read the thread properly? If not, I recommend it. You don't have to use FMC, play it like you normally play it. You fancy a quick blast-use FMC. If not-normal mode. Simplez

How do you expect something to be better without being different?

I will see people complaining here that will play FMC! Wanna a bet?

Play the demo, buy the game. If you don't like it, throw it to the garbage and spit on it. Until then, read the threads properly.

This'll be fine for when you want a save to fly through. I will be spending most of my time on the 'original' mode though! Good move by SI though.

I always wanted to have an instant result to be honest, which I very much like. Great idea, it's something different.

I think the criticism stems from the idea that game development is a zero sum thing. When the team spends a significant chunk of time (and they must have) on a mode that hardcore players will never go near the assumption is that it hurts the mode we are so used to. And surely, had the team not decided to create this new mode, they would have spent that time developing new features for the mode we all love.

Brilliantly put!

I for one used to adore the old 90's versins of CM series but from what I've seen of FMC it doesn't even look like that at all - not to mention I wouldn't use it anyway. Im sure on the internet somewhere is a modern DB for a really old CM edition, but I'm not looking for it because FM now is better (and even if it isn't how can you just go back to that after a decade of in-depth strategy??

I'd love for seasons to pass quicker but not at the expense of features, every one of which makes the game what it is. To make my games go faster I tend to just subscribe to v little so I don't get 18 messages a day!
Besides once you've built your side up most of the hard work is done anyways. Seems like a waste to me and they made the wrong decision regarding not making this a separate release.

I always wanted to have an instant result to be honest, which I very much like. Great idea, it's something different.

Tis a good idea and something I would try if it weren't for the inescapable feeling that using this feature would be to my team's detriment somehow.

Last edited:
i really can't see how this would be any different to letting you're assistant manager take control of friendlies other then it not being limited to them.

i really can't see how this would be any different to letting you're assistant manager take control of friendlies other then it not being limited to them.

you get to pick your own lineup!

if you pick a lineup currently then go on holiday for a day during a matchday the Asst will remove your selected lineup and use his own - tis v annoying if you've promised players more games or want to use the game as an opportunity to play some youngsters

you get to pick your own lineup!

if you pick a lineup currently then go on holiday for a day during a matchday the Asst will remove your selected lineup and use his own - tis v annoying if you've promised players more games or want to use the game as an opportunity to play some youngsters

i thought there was a use current lineup where possible button that you can tick when going on holiday. i know there's definately one for the formation but i think there's a lineup one aswell.

Again, it's just there for those who want to use it.

I believe that they are trying to put more options for more different ways of playing. Network games are also there and why don't you complain about them? because you don't need them to play your game, as you don't need instant result.

But if you like network games, or instant results, you can use them, so more players will come to the game. Options are what they say they are: you don't need them to enjoy the game, but you can use them for your won entertainment.

Btw, i will not play Classic, but it's a great idea :D

i thought there was a use current lineup where possible button that you can tick when going on holiday. i know there's definately one for the formation but i think there's a lineup one aswell.

possibly lol, tis a deep game, but i've only seen the formation setting

and the game will have progress in the way the players play? I mean, for example, DM is introduced between the centrals, things like that, more realism in the formation the tactics?

When I press skip to results, what will happen to the substitutions? Will the game engine simulate them too, like if I was on vacation?

The whole in game buying is absolutely ridiculous! People will just by engines like FMRTE ( and its encouraging cheating on the game)

The whole in game buying is absolutely ridiculous! People will just by engines like FMRTE ( and its encouraging cheating on the game)

Why? Some people aren't very good a these games, hence help threads. It will benefit them in the long run and help them. And it's not like they have to pay them. They can be unlocked. FMRTE is the ultimate cheat engine anyway as people change things in game. And to be honest ,FMRTE is way too risky as it can cause games to crash dump

I know that I am being too purist when I say this, but I dislike that new mode. I mean; ok, I know it's just another option, and many people will like it. I can just ignore it (which I most probably will do) and that's it.

But I feel with the add of this new feature that SI is focusing more in atracting new "casual" players (it's not that I blame them for that, they are a company which make games to earn money, this is clear) and adding minor changes that in other things that more veteran players have been requesting for years.

For me it's ok as long as they don't start focusing exclusively on that and stop minding what FM has been during all those years.

Very interesting idea. Something I'll definately check out and use when the game comes out.

I think FMC is an interesting idea. I bought FMH to try a ligher version, but didn't feel like it had enough options or give me enough control over my team.

I'll give Classic a shot. If I don't like it, then I just play normal mode.

I know that I am being too purist when I say this, but I dislike that new mode. I mean; ok, I know it's just another option, and many people will like it. I can just ignore it (which I most probably will do) and that's it.

But I feel with the add of this new feature that SI is focusing more in atracting new "casual" players (it's not that I blame them for that, they are a company which make games to earn money, this is clear) and adding minor changes that in other things that more veteran players have been requesting for years.

For me it's ok as long as they don't start focusing exclusively on that and stop minding what FM has been during all those years.

Afraid that FM14 would be just Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.