Football Manager 2013 - Classic Mode (FMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afraid that FM14 would be just Classic?
Not exactly that, but more specifically afraid that they will focus the next changes and improvementes in upcoming editions just about FMC, rather than in the rest of the modes.
That's what I meant.

probaly do a long term job on classic mode as playing 10 seasons to get a side from the blue square south to premier league nearly takes up the whole year until the new football manager comes out.
PSG$$$$$ money bags

Who will dominate the championship or have thebiggest budget???? if so will u be them

Brilliant idea, as a person who plans to play FM whenever possible whilst still living a relatively normal life. You have my children's unending gratitude. Thank-you.

Ive tried taking Basingstoke to the premier league but it takes so long i just give up or can't be bothered so with the classic mode it allows you to do it in a couple of months if that. I can't wait to see some of the challenges. I usely to a trial run in the demo to see what players are like so for the demo be Man City buy players that you might use in your real games cos they can afford nearly everyone. SO im doing one with PSG and don't want to be constently changing to a new game so bid fro a lot players get theri minimum price and then with PSG i don't waste extra money on players. PSGGG$$$$$

Thats okay Outremer who do u think you will be on FM13

Really don't like the idea of buying the unlockables. I was hoping it would be like handheld where you earn them.

Fell asleep whilst FM13 was downloading! lol Ok FM Classic. You are the only reason I bought this game so you better be worth it!

Really don't like the idea of buying the unlockables. I was hoping it would be like handheld where you earn them.

You dont have to buy them and most are unlockable through playing the game

Things goin well so far lewandowski is a beast 5 in 3 for united pre season! Staying up all night no work 2morrow lets do this with a lil help from my friend kenco :D

Impressed by FMC so far, 6 months in. Glad to be finally rid of tedious team talks and press conferences.

Training is very basic, maybe too much so. WOuld have like to be able to retrain position or work on a particular attribute. I'm sure SI have held these back as 'new' features in FM14 Classic #rascals

Haven't tried Instant Result yet but I like the idea of setting up a Match Plan for your assistant. Means it is more than basically holidaying the fixture as you would on the full version.

Manager Interaction is one thing I do miss. Always loved slagging off Wenger or Benitez after handing them a beat down.

Can I only select three nations in FMC mode? (Highlighted in blue)
I was hoping I could select a few more.
Once the game is fully released and a few of the bugs and we are past the beta I'll be playing the full mode, just for now though I want to mess with FMC mode.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

How come when i go to do an instant result my assistant changes the starting XI to what my tactics show?

A quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

How come when i go to do an instant result my assistant changes the starting XI to what my tactics show?

A quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Check what Match Plan you have set up. There's an option in it that allows assistant to pick team

Is there any way to make someone else renew the contract from your players in FMC , and make the assistant play in the friednlys, arrange them, etc? Because i can't find a menu for that on FMC :S

Last edited:
Is there any way to make someone else renew the contract from your players in FMC , and make the assistant play in the friednlys, arrange them, etc? Because i can't find a menu for that on FMC :S
I agree. And there should be assistant manager settings like take control of friendlies etc

I agree. And there should be assistant manager settings like take control of friendlies etc

Dont really need the option for the assistant to take control of friendlies as they have the instant result button which is essentially the same thing. Just started with FMC (in October) and I have to say its taken out a lot of the more tedious aspects of football manager like press conferences and having to build a reserve and youth team. Removes a lot of the deadweight that youd be trying to shift for years. I like that its more fast paced and I can move the game on fast when I want or slower when more important dates are coming up.

Not totally sure if ill fully commit to FMC but Im definately loving this new addition. Only thing that pulls me away from it is the very thing that pulls me to it, which is a very strange feeling, that is the amount of detail in the game.

Gotta say I’m very excited about this new mode.

I love fm 12 but, sometimes, a gangsta doesn't have time to play a full season.

Like yesterday in my Everton game; it was the start of the season and i was in cl as well as all dom cups. It took me 4 hours to get to December. 5 hours to get from Sep to Dec.

So, for that aspect alone I’m hopeful.

Then you have a press conference where, if im honest, bore me to death. Its the same thing over and over again. I like the effort SI are putting in but i personally think the press conference/manager interactions etc are at least 5-6 years way from being interesting again.

The only thing i don't like the sound of is these unlockables i.e. not needing work permits etc. I want my game quick but i want it to retain a level of realism so, hopefully, I’ll be able to disable those features.

tl;dr? I'm excited.

off topic, does anyone know if you can set yourself reminders in the calendars yet? That’s the one massive thing that i want in fm that seems to be lacking (and it certainly wouldn't be that hard to implement)Gotta say I’m very excited about this new mode.

I love fm 12 but, sometimes, a gangsta doesn't have time to play a full season.

Like yesterday in my Everton game; it was the start of the season and i was in cl as well as all dom cups. It took me 4 hours to get to December. 5 hours to get from Sep to Dec.

So, for that aspect alone I’m hopeful.

Then you have a press conference where, if im honest, bore me to death. Its the same thing over and over again. I like the effort SI are putting in but i personally think the press conference/manager interactions etc are at least 5-6 years way from being interesting again.

The only thing i don't like the sound of is these unlockables i.e. not needing work permits etc. I want my game quick but i want it to retain a level of realism so, hopefully, I’ll be able to disable those features.

tl;dr? I'm excited.

off topic, does anyone know if you can set yourself reminders in the calendars yet? That’s the one massive thing that i want in fm that seems to be lacking (and it certainly wouldn't be that hard to implement)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.