Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Football manager 2013 experts get in here.

Reaction score
Might be stupid question idk
anyways can someone help me with this issue i have

How do can i have different players for different formations? let me explain. lets say i have 4 strikers, 2 of them play better in a 433 formation whilst the other better in a 442. Now when create the 442 formation and place the 2 players 'preferring' (lack of a better word) the 442 formation, why do they appear on my 433 formation? i want the other two players that prefer the 433 formation to play there.

It is so annoying like i want to have 2 different formations so i can choose which is best against my opponent. But lets say i want to switch to a 433 i have to go and change all the freaking players. surely there must be something im missing

Reaction score
Go into tactics, once you are in there look for a option saying "add tactic" down the left hand side, once you have added a tactic you can then swap between the two by clicking on a little sign the looks like a play sign, like when you press play on a video or music etc like this.. "|>" you can also add up to three tactics. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
You can also save a team selection. so when you change formations you can just select the team selection what you saved instead of changing them all individually.

Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking this, but I have a similar, though perhaps even more trivial, problem.

I have 3 tactics, like most people. I constantly switch between 2 of them, and the third is more of an all-out attacking option. I'll try to explain the issue as easily as possible, so have a look here first:
View attachment 344433View attachment 344434

When I switch between these two tactics, the anchor man in the defensive formation always gets put in the AMC role in the attacking formation. When I switch him back, the same problem occurs when I change back to the other formation. I tried creating the tactics all over again, from scratch - same problem. It's really frustrating, because the player instructions get switched with him. So I have to spend time on manually adjusting the player instructions for both players every time I switch between the formations.

There must surely be an easy solution for this? Like I said I've tried creating the tactics from scratch, didn't solve it. I tried saving the team selection, didn't solve it. Am I the only one with this problem? Am I overlooking something so incredibly obvious that I should be embarassed even to ask this question? It's giving me super-AIDS. In the eyes.