Football Manager 2013 is the worst game of the series so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMPUNK1

Reaction score
I have decided to ask for advice in other posts rather than needlessly rant?

Last edited:
The mods will close this thread/redirect it to the post your frustrations thread.

Anyways this is a topic that has been touched upon countless times. If you go to MANUMAD's box of sweets you'll see how much I like the game as well as a lot of suggestions on how others can share my love for it.

1. You are wrong on teamtalk. Related to my reputation as a manager I almost always get positive reactions. And then I see the effect it has on performances/results.

2. I disagree on budgets. If anything its too easy to buy quality players on the cheap. And budgets are generally realistic.

3. I plan well ahead about who to buy and I rarely buy in panic.

4. Your example with Huddlestone shows how you misunderstand realism: FM13 ultimately is a game and it can never be realistic to the degree that you seem to expect. But it builds a world that seems realistic and with sufficient references to the real world.

5. Inability to tackle - thats your tactics mate. My players usually tackle like mad men to the point that I have to tell them to back off.

6. Tactics DO have an effect. There is NO pre determined scenarios. I have run test saves to test this and Im sure.

Not even gonna read that. I have been playing FM/TCM/CM from when i was 7 and i have never had any issues with the game (except for a few that were shortly fixed).

You sir - are - terrible. That's it. FM13 took a big step in the ''REALISM'' direction and if you can't handle that ****, then go play FIFA MANAGER and buy houses and planes.

I feel that sometimes the developers use the overinflation of transfer fees to keep the game balanced rather than just fixing the financial system. We've talked about this before, but I think a fix would be a new system where players were given a color coded rating about the ability of your team to get them. For example, if red, it means that this player is not going to be sold to you down to green which would mean that this player is an option for you to purchase. That way, if you were a smaller club with little rep, you simply would not be given a chance to sign a big name player because IRL you wouldn't have that chance.

One thing in this game, is that it lets you do the impossible, like taking a BS team to the Premier level. One way of balancing it is to not allow your team to get anyone I guess.

I can feel you in one regard, as the manager of a small club, I dont feel like my board gave me enough of a bump after being promoted to make my team any more competitive in German D1. I will definitely have a difficult time avoiding relegation in the new season, but i'm hopeful, that if i DO manage to stay up, that my spending money may increase. To give some perspective, I've got a 400K transfer budget, and the transfer rumors floating around at the start of D1 camps are in the 2-4M range. (in dollars, not pounds or euros)

I can feel you in one regard, as the manager of a small club, I dont feel like my board gave me enough of a bump after being promoted to make my team any more competitive in German D1. I will definitely have a difficult time avoiding relegation in the new season, but i'm hopeful, that if i DO manage to stay up, that my spending money may increase. To give some perspective, I've got a 400K transfer budget, and the transfer rumors floating around at the start of D1 camps are in the 2-4M range. (in dollars, not pounds or euros)

A poor team doesnt get rich overnite even when promoted.

A poor team doesnt get rich overnite even when promoted.

That is true, and i had forgotten about the budget slider: it seems for giving up about 100K per week of salaries, i can gain millions in the transfer budget! it's shopping time!

This is the first game in the series I have played since around 2002 and it is definitely much harder now than back then. I share your frustration that some sequences of results don't make much sense; that team talks and morale boosting has so much effect (mainly because I find repetitive mouse clicking tedious). I do think the transfer system is realistic, at least in the lower leagues I have played in so far. I nearly gave up on this game after a few run throughs but now after 10 years with Chester we are sitting on top of league 1 eyeing the Championship and I'm hooked :)

Last edited:
Initially I hated FM13 for some of the reasons you stated like tackling and tactics not seeming to make a difference and why is my team getting buttf**ked by minnows?
I have a good moan in the frustration threads myself, took on board what mods like 'mike' told me and an almost unbelievable season. won the league with 102 points conceding only 9 goals, with 28 clean sheets.

I have only played since FM12 previous to that it was FM05, but from what I have learned it appears ***** different now, you need to be more malleable as a manager.

Initially I hated FM13 for some of the reasons you stated like tackling and tactics not seeming to make a difference and why is my team getting buttf**ked by minnows?
I have a good moan in the frustration threads myself, took on board what mods like 'mike' told me and an almost unbelievable season. won the league with 102 points conceding only 9 goals, with 28 clean sheets.

I have only played since FM12 previous to that it was FM05, but from what I have learned it appears ***** different now, you need to be more malleable as a manager.

Could you copy and past that information it might really help me?

Well if you read my point is that you might have got it wrong, you might have been unlucky. Although 29% possession says you were somewhat unable to cope. If you really were as sound as you think you, with such a good side, you don't think you could have done more than 29% and 1-1? Considering that many people do actually beat Man City, that's an obvious pointer that its nowt to do with the "ME and AI" since that is the same for everyone. Preparation does not guarantee victory, it can only help push the odds in your favour

The bold is wrong. All other factors being equal (fitness, form, happiness, motivation, squad blending, pitch condition, and most of all, the opposition etc), your team instructions are on you. Neither the ME nor the AI "control" your input.

If you cant make your team play like the AI does, then that DOES point to how you set up and how you play. The ME doesn't control anything, its exactly the same for both teams, it just receives the inputs from you ( though its obviously infinitely more complicated than that).

The AI also has nothing to do with your "inputs" during 90 minutes. The Match Engine and the AI are two completely separate things.

If the AI can do it, so can you. The AI only uses the TC and the shouts ( in relation to the attributes and preferences of the manager in charge of said team)

There is no rubber banding, there is nothing the AI can do in 90 minutes that you cannot do, there is plenty you can do that the AI cannot do in 90 minutes. That is literally how the game works.

That is my unbiased opinion, I dont see what else it would be since i dont know you from adam.

TL;DR: There are things that actually need improving in the ME, and there are things that the user has to work on themselves.

This falls firmly into the latter.

This may sound stupid to someone who knows the answer to this question but is it possible to check the pitch condition and squad blending/harmony? if so how?

This may sound stupid to someone who knows the answer to this question but is it possible to check the pitch condition and squad blending/harmony? if so how?

I forget where pitch condition is, I thinks its stated under facilities at your club page.
And squad harmony I gauge from my Assmans reports in pre-match/match reports.
He just tells you who don't like you, who isn't blending...stuff like that.

Its amusing when people complain this game is too hard. I'm not even that good and I've managed to get from the Conference North to the Championship in 5 seasons!

Edit: If anything the game is too easy! Its possible to take a team from nothingness to Champions League glory in 2-3 seasons (within reason of course)

Its amusing when people complain this game is too hard. I'm not even that good and I've managed to get from the Conference North to the Championship in 5 seasons!

Edit: If anything the game is too easy! Its possible to take a team from nothingness to Champions League glory in 2-3 seasons (within reason of course)

More amusing when people gloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.