Football Manager 2013 Staff Requirements

mld81

Reaction score
Considering fm now has more staff roles than previous versions, I thought I would put together some information to help people out when looking for staff. :)

The best thing to suggest is to do a staff search and filter for the relevant criteria, that way you can see who is willing to join you. The relevant criteria is:

Assistant Manager:

Attributes worth considering for this role would be the usual Determination, Discipline and Motivation along with a coaching attribute (if you plan to use them to carry out training). As well as these, Tactical Knowledge, Judging Player Ability would be useful to provide accurate reports of players/opponents. Again, consider Adaptability if he is not from the nation your managing in.

Coaches:

Fitness (Aerobic/Strength) = Fitness, Determination, Discipline & Motivation.
Goalkeeping (Shot Stopping/Handling) = Goalkeeping, Determination, Discipline & Motivation.
Tactics = Tactical, Determination, Discipline & Motivation.
Ball control = Technical, Mental, Determination, Discipline & Motivation.
Attacking = Attacking, Tactical, Determination, Discipline & Motivation.
Defending = Defending, Tactical, Determination, Discipline & Motivation.
Shooting = Technical, Attacking, Determination, Discipline & Motivation.

Man Management can be a helpful attribute and alternatively Working With Youngers for any under 18s coaches. Also consider Adaptability if they are not from the nation your managing in.

Director Of Football:

If you require your DOF to look for players to buy then obviously judging player potential and ability is a requirement. If he is to do negotiations with transfers fees/contracts then consider the attributes of Motivating and Determination. Also, Adaptability no doubt will play a key part for when he looks for targets abroad as well as adapting to his new country if he is not from the nation your managing in.

Head Of Youth Development:
Determination
Discipline
Motivation
Working With Youngsters
Judging Player Potential
Adaptability (for foreign coaches to the country your managing in)

Reserve Manager:
Determination
Discipline
Motivation
Man Management
Tactical Knowledge (if first team tactics are not used by reserve manager)
Working With Youngsters (as the reserve manager will help with youth training)

Under 18s Manager:
Determination
Discipline
Motivation
Working With Youngsters
Tactical Knowledge (if first team tactics are not used by under 18s manager)
Judging Player Potential

Scout:

Obviously Judging Player Ability and Potential are the two key aspects for scouts but it is also worth considering what you use your scouts for. From my own experience you want a tactical scout (Judging Player Ability and Tactical Knowledge, Motivation, Determination and Adaptability) who will give you the best information about upcoming opponents. Secondly a knowledge scout who will gain more knowledge from discovering more parts of the world and therefore increasing your scouting area (e.g. Asia). Adaptability, determination and motivation are key attributes for this. Additionally Judging Player Ability and Potential would be useful but any further scouting can be carried out by your other scouts. Thirdly, you want a potential scout who will just look for youth (Judging Player Potential, Motivation, Determination, Adaptability). Finally you want an ability scout who will search purely for players with current ability (Judging Player Ability, Motivation, Determination, Adaptability).

Chief Scout:

For this role I would consider a scout who has high attributes in both Judging Player Ability and Potential. Additionally consider Motivation, Determination and Adaptability. I use the chief scout for world scouting as well as gaining any additional scouting on players found by my ability/potential scouts, only if I require a second opinion.

Physio:

Obviuously Physiotherapy is the key attribute but also consider Fitness, Motivation, Discipline and Adaptabilty (if their not from your managing nation). Working with youngers is also useful when looking for under 18s physio’s.

Additionally, positive personalities can help so it might be worth also taking that into consideration when looking for new staff. :)

Last edited:
This should be stickied. Very helpful and stopped me posting a 'best attributes for DoF??' thread, hence sticky sticky sticky ;)

Last edited:
tryed 2 make a few fittness coaches up in editor but use your specs for them but when a start the game there fittness attribute is 15 with the others at 20 any help please