Football manager 2014, help needed?

phojyt

Reaction score
I'm Man Utd, and I'm currently 3rd, my strikers are absolutely pathetic at scoring at goals, Van Persie gets 1 goal every 3 games or so, Rooney is yet to score for me and Hernandez has scored about 3 goals this season and Welbeck is doing quite well, but he only ever seems to score when I play him at AMR. Oh and I'm in February 2014. How do I make them score, everything I do they are just pathetic at, they cannot score to save their lives.

Another issue I have is almost every game I'll dominate the opposition, get about 60% possession and at least 20 shots on target, but I'll either draw 0-0 or win 1-0, all the other outcomes are that I lose and I get really really annoyed. Why is this happening?!?

And lastly, why the f*ck aren't my wingers crossing the ball. They'll get the ball down the wing between 10-20 times every game, and about 90% of the time they'll cut inside or pass it inside the the wing back who will just shoot for goal and it will horribly off target. I tell the players to work the ball into the box and to drill crosses most of the time, and they just will not cross the ball and its so annoying. I'm on the breach of giving up on the game because I'm just getting too annoyed with it.

Could someone please enlighten me on whether I'm doing something wrong, or if its just the game and there are bugs that need fixing, or whether there are certain tactics I can use to make them do better.

Thank you.

Would help if you post your tactic.

post interesting.but I haven't had the idea
o.png
o.png

I've had a lot of success using two strikers with one as an advanced forward and the other as a false nine with a trequartista behind them. Lots of interplay and assisting between the three of them. They each had about 20-25 goals and 15-20 assists. That was in the Championship, I am about to start my first season in the Premier League so I will see how the tactic works this year. It started getting stale in the second half of the season and I had to mix things up.

As for your wingers crossing more, try altering their player instructions to "shoot less", "Cross more" or "Cross aim target man" perhaps. The same goes for your fullbacks, if you don't want them to shoot as much tick "shoot less". Hope this helps.