Football Manager 2017 running low on memory

D@ve

Reaction score
Hi wondering if people or SI can help. My game keeps freezing and the when I Ctrl Alt Del. I get a box saying FM17 running low on memory. trying to allocate 0 memory. But my pc is still froze and I have to reset my pc. (Never had this problem with any other FM)

I don't understand why this is happening as my pc is better than the requirements
  • Windows 10 OS
  • AMD FX 8350 8core processer 4ghz
  • 8gb RAM
  • 64 BIT system

My game is run via steam as I've been using the Beta version and this kept happening but I just thought it may be fixed when full game is released. But not. I've also changed my pc to high performance in power settings with turn of display set to never. Also cleared cache.
Please help as this is ruining the FM17 experience for me(6)

Are you all running custom graphics like skins etc? I am so that might cause the issue, at least it has in previous versions of football Manager...

Maete - I'm running with a custom skin, specifically FM 2017 FLUT skin white. I've just checked the download page on FM Scout and Flut has advised the freezing/crashing is due to "xmls in conflict responsible for that bug". I will try a different skin and see if the problem is resolved.