Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

wkdsoul

Reaction score
We’re delighted to reveal that Football Manager 2021 (PC/Mac) will launch on Steam and the Epic Games Store on November 24th. Fans who pre-order FM21 from a participating digital retailer* will receive a 10% discount and access to the pre-release Early Access version of the game, which will be available approximately two weeks before full release. As in previous years, those who buy the game through Steam (and now Epic Games) will also receive Football Manager 2021 Touch (PC/Mac) for free.

Football Manager also returns to Xbox for the first time since 2007 with Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition. The game has been tailored for the best console experience and can also be played on any Windows 10 PC thanks to Microsoft’s Play Anywhere technology.

Full release details for Football Manager 2021 Touch (iOS and Android) and Football Manager 2021 Mobile (iOS and Android) are coming soon, while Football Manager 2021 Touch for Nintendo Switch is expected to complete the line-up in December.

Check back here for the latest news and follow our social media channels for further updates and feature information for all platforms.

* Early Access is available from SEGA approved digital retailers only. Please check to see if the store you’re purchasing from is participating in the offer.

No! Just no!

We point out what we'd like in the game and are given what we don't want!

I do not want to be playing Psychologist 21 or press officer 21. Rehashed areas of the game are NOT a "new features".

I'm just not going to buy it this year until it's well under £20 because for me its just a data update.

No! Just no!

We point out what we'd like in the game and are given what we don't want!

I do not want to be playing Psychologist 21 or press officer 21. Rehashed areas of the game are NOT a "new features".

I'm just not going to buy it this year until it's well under £20 because for me its just a data update.
They are focusing on irrelevant things, or at least things that are not even close to priority to long serving buyers of the game. They really need to fix 3D match presentation. We have no idea whats going on and even text ( or commentary of the game) does not fit what we see on the pitch. When you fix that, THEN you bring new features like Shrink Simulator.

I myself, for the first time in forever, will not buy the game on release. I'll wait till January or even after Transfer window update. Like most of you said, it's just a updated database with annoying new features that we don't even want.

I'm sure more features will be announced soon! This won't be the entire haul.

As I posted on the official forums this is my reaction:

These new reskin "headline" features are a slap to the face to your fanbase.

The audacity to claim these as an improvement is absolutely disgraceful. The constant excuses are so obvious, "oh it's because everyone still runs core 2 duos from 2004 so we have to support them", "oh it's not the final version mate, wait a bit longer", "oh we do listen to feedback, and this is what people want", "oh it's because corona", "oh just wait for another video to showcase 'new' stuff", "oh the winter patch will fix this issue". I could go on and on.

If you're not ready to release an actually improved product then skip a year or two and do something like a normal database update, I'd much rather support that. What you are doing is calling these as an improvement but what you've done is repackage things slightly and called it new and great and charge full price.

Where are actual showcases like: transfers have been fixed? Better interaction with the board and players (not reskin aggressive to throw bottle, couldn't even change the dialogue or add new options)? When will you fix the set piece set ups that constantly rearrange your positions or miss players completely? Fix absurd stadiums, plastic grass? Fix animations to look human? Give options to difficulty? Rework the interface to avoid excessive clicks, modernize the ui? Make regen faces look half human? Fix actual me issues like, lack of central play, creativity, marking, op gegen pressing, rework stamina to mean something? Make teams play differently? Rework CA/PA? Stop pretending the 3d engine looks amazing when ps2 graphics can look better and your own work from 2011 does too?

When one dude can make improvements to the physics file and make the game actually somewhat playble something is wrong and you need to step up and put in some work.

If you need a new engine then so be it, but don't try to pretend to fix or improve things on this platform if it no longer works. It's very obvious at this point. You say you need constructive criticism and you're afraid to show your new devs to this forum, this is what it looks like uncensored and you need to hear it. Until you make actual improvements and show them properly if they do exist I will no longer buy your games.

Presumably you'll be able to carry a save started in the 'pre-release' version into the full game? Was that possible with FM20?