News Football Manager 25 - Latest Update and News Hub

• Thread starter Thread starter Luigi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 4K
This for me, is the beggining of the end of this game.
they have had 2 full years to design this is engine and it looks horrendous.
removed international football to add female football? really? they said not enough people was playing international management, but have added female football lol. with all due respect, 99.9% of guys who play this game, has zero interest in womens football.
why has this game gone down this route? have they been forced like FIFA was?
I've had every single football manager and championship manager since its existence, but i think this will be the first i decline to purchase, I'm totally shocked at the direction this game is about to head in. and it's left me massively dissapointed.
I agree with, but about the women soccer i think they want to reach a possible new market of female players. I won't stop playing because they added woman soccer, but if they keep removing features like international soccer, players weight that will make me consider.

This for me, is the beggining of the end of this game.
they have had 2 full years to design this is engine and it looks horrendous.
removed international football to add female football? really? they said not enough people was playing international management, but have added female football lol. with all due respect, 99.9% of guys who play this game, has zero interest in womens football.
why has this game gone down this route? have they been forced like FIFA was?
I've had every single football manager and championship manager since its existence, but i think this will be the first i decline to purchase, I'm totally shocked at the direction this game is about to head in. and it's left me massively dissapointed.
probably better your not part of the community then as its really shown with the announcement of woman's football coming into the game how bad some people are. Woman make up over 50% of the population of the UK never mind the rest of the world and with the woman's game growing its important that they are included in the game as it brings a completely different demographic to the game so with the players they lose they will also gain. Yes I don't watch woman's football but it can make a journey man save interesting for the people that share their stories as well

probably better your not part of the community then as its really shown with the announcement of woman's football coming into the game how bad some people are. Woman make up over 50% of the population of the UK never mind the rest of the world and with the woman's game growing its important that they are included in the game as it brings a completely different demographic to the game so with the players they lose they will also gain. Yes I don't watch woman's football but it can make a journey man save interesting for the people that share their stories as well
why would my opinion on a new game judge your view on if i should be part of a community?
A question was asked and i gave my view.
I'm a 42 year old who has never had any interest in womens football, and never will.
so of course i'll feel downhearted when they remove international football, remove heigh, weight and many other small things within the game, to concentrate on something which 99% of us won't care for.
I can lay my life on it, 6 months after the game is released and they check the data, they'll see that NOBODY AT ALL cares for the womens game.

I agree with, but about the women soccer i think they want to reach a possible new market of female players. I won't stop playing because they added woman soccer, but if they keep removing features like international soccer, players weight that will make me consider.
I doubt i'll stop playing, I been playing this game since day 1, i have every year, but my view is that the company are heading down a route which they'll later regret.

I've enjoyed the Championship Manager/Football Manager series for a long time, since the early 1990s in fact. I've watched it grow and develop, as well as the community of players of the game, into what it is today.

FM25 is probably going to be the biggest change in the series since CM3. The new match engine and the adjustment to the aesthetics, the addition of women's football and the licensing agreements are unprecedented. I'll try and answer each one in turn.

Once again, SI are expecting us to purchase the game without seeing the match engine. I'm growing fed up of it. I get this is a big change but people have been buying this out of blind loyalty, a lot. The last few iterations have had us buy this on blind faith. When the game engine is so different, that isn't good enough. They need to do better next time round.

The aesthetics are clearly made with content creation and console users in mind. But I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. The game has needed a bit of freshen up and as long as the main aspects are there it won't really matter. Most players skin the game to their liking in any case, so I expect the community to end up figuring out ways to mod it, as usual.

Women's football was bound to be introduced at some point in tome as the amount of women engaging with the sport has increased exponentially in the last few years. I don't tend to play MLS, or African leagues, or Saudi Arabia. They don't appeal to me. Women's football is fine by me, it won't change if I purchase the game or not. I don't think that this is at the expense of international football and to be quite honest I like the fact that SI have held their hands up and honestly feel the internationals need a rethink.

Despite this, I'm not buying FM25. I'm fed up of SI and other companies expecting us to buy a product out of misplaced loyalties. They've reached a point where because there's little to no meaningful competition, SI can get away with half completed, bug-laden games that we have to pay a premium for. Whilst it doesn't cost as much as EAFC, for example, it still costs a fair amount. I'm not buying an unfinished playable demo for £40. I'm also not buying a game where all I get are a few token screenshot and a road map. It's high time SI did right by everyone and until they do that, I'm happy to play FM24 for the foreseeable future.

1728569888876.png

If this game is ever released, the best thing you can do is NOT buy it. SI should push out an update for FM24 and focus on FM26, that's the only acceptable thing they can do as of now.

Back