Football Manager, as it should be played?

saintben123

Reaction score
I am a Manchester United fan and I love FM. No matter how hard I try, I can never get through a whole season seriously. I alays try and sign my favorite bad players and just play them in the First team no matter what. At the start of my first season I signed Ricardo Fuller for ten Million pounds, Schwarzer on loan, Mickael Pote (cos hes Beninian and their awesome) and Half the Macclesfield squad and played them all in the first team all season. After a few struggling games and no goal to Fuller or Pote in 2000 hours combined I somehow won 5-0 against Chelsea at Stanford Bridge. I dont know if its just me or is it so much more fun when one of these players does well in your game then if you buy some World XI team and win ten-nil.

Or you could be a harder team and have a genuine challenge

Just play as someone like QPR and try and get them up, that will be more fun and realistic.

Or pick a team in a different league and try to develop the league and move the country up in the rankings.

I've done heaps if those as like Macclesfiels and Adelaide United but I think it's mire fun being your favorite team

go amange a team in Russia. ;)
im used to their league style, thanks to FM.

Well, I never played as Benfica in FM11. Maybe that's what you are doing wrong, I'm saving that for when I'm really really bored of the game itself, and for now Getafe is being incredibly amusing. As said, play in a different league, play a 'long-term' save (no matter how long that means to you), get used to the game and maybe then try to manage your fav. team, or in the same save, try to apply for it. Should make things more interesting.

Play with your fav team win everything resign go to a diffrent team win everything when your fav team has fallen to the level of **** go back to them and win everything again.

Play with a smaller team, and avoid all the good player threads to me thats how football manager should be played ;)

get most out the game, but each to there own man, enjoy