iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
FOOTBALL MANAGER:
View attachment 345431

I have decided to task myself with taking on all the challenges that have been put into the game by SI. Including all the ones available to download on the steam workshop, there are 12 challenges for me to do. For nearly all the challenges, I will be using my local side Brighton and Hove Albion. For people who dont know much about Brighton, here is a little bit of information:

View attachment 345430

So, thats the team, but what are the challenges? Well, they are:

The Saviour Cometh
Injury Crisis
The Invincibles
You Can't Win Anything With Kids
Unrest At Home
Top Division Underdog
Financial Storm
Bottom Division Favourites
Contagious Flu Outbreak
Does The Board Want The Title?
Eastside Administration
International Munity

I have decided to perhaps start with the easiest one

View attachment 345429

The first thing I notice when I start up this challenge is that several players are now understandably unhappy and want a new challenge. As they all still have a good market value, I was hoping to use that to make some money for transfers, as there were still players interested in joining us.

View attachment 345330

Fortunately, Ulloa was not one of the unhappy players, and he is always a beast for me whenever I have him on FM.

Transfer Dealings

I decided to only sell my unhappy players if A) They requested a transfer and B) If another team made an offer (Instead of me offering them out) This play worked out quite well, as so far I have only sold 2 players, David Lopez and Lewis Dunk

View attachment 345329 View attachment 345328

I also bough Dedryck Boyata from Man City for just £575k

View attachment 345327

My transfer strategy also worked out pretty well because of the excellent pre-season we had. We played 6 games and won all 6, including a visit from Schalke which we won 2-0. The successful pre-season now means that only 4 players are unhappy.

View attachment 345326

So when I started this challenge, I knew it was going to be pretty easy, but I didnt predict it would be quite this easy. 4 games into the season and we have played 4, won 4, scored 27 goals and conceded 0. Looking at the way the challenge has started, I have decided to set my own goals to achieve during this challenge. They are:

1) Win every league game
2) Score more than 175 goals
3) Concede no more than 5 goals

Staines 0 - 6 Brighton

View attachment 345321

The league started off in pretty much the way I expected. We crushed Staines 6-0, with LuaLua getting himself a hattrick, and Ulloa almost made it 2 hattricks in one game.

Brighton 10 - 0 Tonbridge

View attachment 345320

Another thumping win for us against Tonbridge. This match broke Brighton's biggest ever win record. Despite Ulloa getting 5 goals, and getting a perfect 10 rating, Andrew Crofts won Man of The Match after scoring 3 goals and also getting 3 assists.

Dover 0 - 5 Brighton

View attachment 345319

Perhaps after the last game only scoring 5 goals was a little disappointing. It was Solly March's turn to score a hattrick today, making that a total of 4 hattricks in 3 games.

Brighton 6 - 0 Maidenhead

View attachment 345318

Disaster! No one scored a hattrick this game. Will Buckley came closest with his two goals. Ulloa once again got himself on the score sheet, taking his total up to 9

League Table

View attachment 345317

Nice idea, I'll follow! I can't understand how the challenge your doing now is actually a challenge as your smacking them!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Nice idea, I'll follow! I can't understand how the challenge your doing now is actually a challenge as your smacking them!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I know haha. I was thinking this myself. Even if you pick a team from L1 or L2 it will still be fairly easy. Only picking a team from the Skrill Premier will be a challenge as there isnt much difference in quality.

Holy sh*te!!! That goal difference and only four games played!!!

So this challenge continues to be obviously easy, but there was a slight disaster. We scored another 24 goals this month, but conceded 2. I have a feeling that my target of conceding only 5 might be out of reach already, but I will still keep trying! We also progressed to the next round of the FA Cup.

Brighton 5 - 1 Ebbsfleet

View attachment 345165

We finally conceded our first goal, coming from Ebbsfleet's only shot on target. Ulloa also got himself another hattrick.

Brighton 6 - 0 Havant & W

View attachment 345164

Another thumping 6-0 win. Ulloa once again got himself a hattrick and LuaLua got himself another goal.

Brighton 6 - 1 Baisingstoke

View attachment 345163

Another disaster as we conceded our 2nd goal of the season. Once again it came from Baisingstokes only chance of the season. Ulloa has now taken his run of hattricks to 3 games.

Weston-super-Mare 0 - 7 Brighton

View attachment 345161

Once again Ulloa get a hattrick. Told you he was a beast. That is now 24 goals in 9 league games. Crofts also got his 10th goal of the season.

Bashley 1 - 7 Brighton (FA Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd)

View attachment 345159

We had an early scare in this game when Bashley took an early lead after 5 minutes. It took us a little while to get back into the game, the goals kept on coming. 5 hattricks in his last 5 games to Ulloa

League Table

View attachment 345158

I also won Manager of the Month and Ulloa won player of the month

The goals have actually started to dry up a little bit. We have only scored 20 goals this month, including in the FA Cup. Our total numbers of league goals to 66. We even had one scare this month, but managed to win the game in the end. I wonder how early I will win the league in this challenge?

Sutton Utd 0 - 3 Brighton

View attachment 345132

Amazingly we went a whole half without a goal! With our recent goalscoring form, scoring only 3 goals was perhaps a little disappointing. Ulloa added a further 2 goals to his tally.

Whitehawk 1 - 6 Brighton

View attachment 345131

Despite getting back to goalscoring ways, we are now just 1 goal away from failing one of my objectives. Ulloa amazingly did not get himself on the score sheet, but Orlandi made up for it with his hattrick.

Brighton 4 - 0 Concord Rangers

View attachment 345130

Another game which Ulloa did not get a hattrick. Crofts had an excellent game, getting himself 2 goals and 1 assist.

Cray 0 - 2 Brighton (FA Cup 3rd Qual. Rnd)

View attachment 345129

Our lowest scoring game so far which was very disappointing considering it came against a non-league side. We did however progress in the FA Cup, so I cant overly complain.

Brighton 3 - 0 Dover (FA Cup 4th Qual. Rnd)

View attachment 345128

Our win against Dover means we progressed to the first round of the FA Cup. Ulloa didnt get himself on the score sheet today, which is becoming more of a surprise than when he does.

Hayes & Yeading 1 - 2 Brighton

View attachment 345127

Our biggest scare so far this season. After a goalless first half, Hayes & Yeading took the lead. We managed to come good in the end though, winning 2-1. Another game where Ulloa did not score, so I am hoping he will return to scoring ways soon.

League Table

View attachment 345126

Can you share your tweak mate?

I dont really think there is much point. I havent made too many changes, and I have only used it in this save, which isnt really a test so I have no idea if it is actually better or not.

Can you say what changes you made? And I'll make them myself

im not on FM right now, but I will let you know when I am

So this month I inevitably failed one of my goals; I have now conceded 8 goals. But no matter, I am still on for my other goals, and obviously the main one is still going strong. We scored 36 goals this month and conceded 4 in all competitions. We also progressed to the 2nd round of both the FA Cup and the FA Trophy.

Brighton 7 - 0 Gosport

View attachment 343940

It was Buckley's turn to get himself a hattrick today, which also got him the man of the match award. Orlandi also had an excellent game.

Dorchester 0 - 4 Brighton

View attachment 343939

Another fairly low scoring game for us. I gave Ulloa a rest, meaning Rodriguez was left to lead the line. He has a good game and added 2 goals to his tally.

Sutton Coldfield 0 - 2 Brighton (FA Cup 1st Rnd)

View attachment 343938

After a flying start to the game, with LuaLua getting 2 goals in the first 5 minutes, it was disappointing to only win the game by them two goals. Progressing to the next round is the most important thing though.

Brighton 5 - 2 Bromley

View attachment 343937

This was the game that ended one of my goals. The 2 goals from Bromley means we had conceded 6 goals now. On the bright side, we did add another 5 to our goal of 175.

Eastbourne Boro 2 - 4 Brighton

View attachment 343936

It was disappointing to concede another 2 goals against Eastbourne Boro. Solly March had a good game for us though.

Brighton 8 - 0 Gloucester (FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Rnd)

View attachment 343935

A thumping win again Gloucester saw us progress to the next round of the FA Trophy. Ulloa got his first hattrick for a few games. The whole team played exceptionally well, with 6 players getting a rating above 9, and the lowest rating was 8.2

Rushall 0 - 6 Brighton

View attachment 343934

6 goals, 6 scorers. Another excellent all around team effort meant we progressed to the 2nd round of the FA Trophy. Orlandi picked up the Man of The Match award.

League Table

View attachment 343933

I once again won Manager of the month, and Solly March won player of the month.