Football Manager Classic - New Features

Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
As FMC is the best game mode, we all know it, it gets its own thread.

[video=youtube;9w1LENuG0Pw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w1LENuG0Pw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

New features!

Discuss.

Not in a negative way.. but am I the only one who feels like they are adding things from the real game as 'new features' to classic, causing classic to slowly become the 'main' game , which causes the need for a "classic classic" mode?

I am sure classic players will be happy with these new additions.. but to me it feels like it is doing the things it promised not to do at the introduction of the mode... that or I am completely missing the point of the classic mode :p

To be fair, DoubleR, I agree in some sense. The thing with Classic mode is it's supposed to be painless and quick. It's not really about cutting things out from the main game but streamlining them so that they are quick and painless. Also, if you don't want to do them then you don't have to.

As someone that mainly plays classic due to time (and I play enough FM at work that I quite often want to sim matches..) I welcome the changes. Once you got so far into the game that it was mainly newgens last year it wasn't great as they couldn't learn PPMs, which was so frustrating. With the inclusion of training and mentors you will be able to teach your young players PPMs this year if you want to, which will ultimately improve the longevity of the game in my eyes. :)

I can assure you that FMC is still incredibly fast to play through, as was it's intended purpose.

The new interaction side of FMC seems really cool. The lack of control in 13 and 14 have put me off despite being appealed to a streamlined, faster game. I still wanted to retain control over training, player interaction and team talks which are crucial to success. What I didn't want was so much irrelevant or tedious features which made the full game a drag to play often.

Not in a negative way.. but am I the only one who feels like they are adding things from the real game as 'new features' to classic, causing classic to slowly become the 'main' game , which causes the need for a "classic classic" mode?

I am sure classic players will be happy with these new additions.. but to me it feels like it is doing the things it promised not to do at the introduction of the mode... that or I am completely missing the point of the classic mode :p

I don't see any problem with additional depth to FMC - as long as it's optional and doesn't affect the loading times speed.
I think it's quite frustrating when you're 2-3 seasons into FMC and you want to use a certain thing like tuturing - than you realise it's not available in FMC.
It will be handy to have all those features available, turned off by default, and allowing the player to add whatever certain features he wants.

FMC scrubs

Full Career Mode master race

I'll probably try it out of curiosity, but nothing beats the joy (and tear inducing despair) of career mode. Looks interesting enough to try though

Is there an option to turn off the unlockables? I find their mere presence an insult!

One thing I noticed is that in FMC you cannot tell your assistant to play friendlies, but you can simulate the result instead. For some reason I lost all simulated friendlies with Madrid about 5-1, 4-0 to nearby teams. The ones I played I won easily.

I'll probably try it out of curiosity, but nothing beats the joy (and tear inducing despair) of career mode. Looks interesting enough to try though

Well, apart from the fact that it takes me 2 weeks to complete full season in career mode nowadays :p

I woz gonna start a new long save with Wrexham now the full game is out. I played FMC in Beta, but I find it a bit underwhelming. The full career mode still looks too cumbersome. PC Gamer only gave this game 61%, mainly due to more pointless media additions adding nothing.

They did say that the new match engine favors long ball tactics which I don't really agree with. My short passing game works fine.

I'll give career mode a good go. After the Jan 2015 update patch I will reconsider my position.