Football Manager completely stopped working

nyallcc

Reaction score
When ever I try to load FM it comes out with a error message reading "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml" I've tried everything to get it working again but with no success, I tried Computer -> Local Disk (C:) -> Users -> AppData -> Roaming -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2014 -> Settings, but everytime I clicked in sports interactive I didn't have the football manager 2014 folder, can anybody help?

Hello,

What computer OS do you run?

If you use Windows XP, you can find the folder in this directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014
In Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8:
C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014

Inside Football Manager 2014, you have to delete "Cache" and "Preferences" folder. Make sure your folder settings is set to "Show all hidden files and folders" in case you cannot find Football Manager 2014 folder.

Football Manager game works best if it is installed at "C" disk.

To prevent the same problem in the future:

- Do not shutdown or restart your computer and do not close your game while the game saving your game.
- Avoid using "Save and Exit Game" option.
- Do not immediately exit or close the game after you have the game saved, let the game run for 1 or 2 minutes before you exit the game.
- Do not minimise your FM game while saving the game. (saving progress)

Hope it helps,
Thank you.