Football Manager flops

• Thread starter Thread starter AM32
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9K

AM32

Reaction score
I hope I've put this in the right forum section, but have you ever had any flops- signings that you think that would work but didn't.

I've had a major one- Iker Muniain. I signed him for Liverpool, and put him in the Liverpool team when Gerrard was injured/suspended, and he didn't score once in his first season for the club, and didn't play too well either.

Have you had anything similar that you would like to share with us? :)

I signed Iker Muniain in my second season with Arsenal, and it took him at least a season to get going. Now he's unstoppable, assists and goals galore! Give your players a chance to adapt!

Moussa Sow on an old Newcastle save. Bought him in my season for 9 Mil.

Only scored once in 20 starts. I was playing him in his favoured role as well.

Axel Witsel fully developed, looked awesome, good report, 20mil.... and he's been worse than Gundogan, Leitner, Dos Santos and Gotze in MC. Annoying.

Lukas Podolski for me. This was a few years back, FM2010 I think. I wanted a striker so I put majority of my budget, £20million, on Podolski and he never did it for me, no matter what role I played him in. Major disappointment

Marek Hamsik. He has a 4 star report, other players think he's a quality player, all of his attributes are fantastic. No matter what role, what position, what training regime, he hardly ever seems to get a rating of over 7 in a game. In his first season he had an average rating of 6.94 and his second season he got 6.73 with 2 goals and 4 assists.

I have a regen youth player with 1.5 star current ability who is playing better than him. I'm confident of selling him in the next transfer window.

Kagawa, one awful season. Was bought for 26m and I couldn't even sell for 10m the next season.

Iker takes a few months to get going, in the end though, he scored 13 goals & got 8 assists in his debut season with us (United). He won Young Player of the Year too.

Falcao in FM 11 with Arsenal, couldn't get him to score to save my life.

On my first FM game, which was FM10, I brought Messi and he flopped. Scored one goal in about 8 or so appearances. Now looking back I have to say I should have let him adapt but I spent something like £200m on him.

Cavani on my Arsenal team. He is a great player of course, but he has been injured 7 times in little over 1 season and has declined as a result. He has had a few runs of decent scoring when he's healthy, but the never ending injuries make him a flop for me in this game.

Bought Juan Mata for about 40m for Barca on FM11, played horrible, got worst signing of the season, was sold the next season for an overall loss. shocking.

Sami Khedira was transfer listed in Real, so I bought him for what I thought was a steal at 5 million. He actually sucked so hard and fnished the year with a overall rating of 6.50 and scored 2 goals in all 43 of his appearances.

Oliver Giround in my PSG save. bought him for 4m and couldn't even score for ****. i later sold him to Blackpool for 4m.

i signed yeussuff Mulumba for 15million in a panic signing at liverpool. He did **** only ever on the bench after a **** first ten games and at january i loaned him to juventus who then brought him for only 6 million BIGGEST FLOP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I signed Mateo Kovacic for 30m in 2014 thinking he would be a big part of my team for years as he was only 21 at the time and had great attributes, sadly was unable to impress me when i gave him his chance and youth players from my reserves and u18 were constantly outperforming him so after 3 years in my reserves where no one was willing to buy him he left on a free transfer.

When I had Fabregas at Arsenal he never performed e.e Managed to sell him for Madrid for 90 million, my best piece of business ever. XD

Back