Football Manager flops

• Thread starter Thread starter AM32
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9K
A flop on performances but not money. Ibrahimovic on a free aged 32. Given his age, I needed an immediate impact and it just didn't happen. His stats divebombed after 6 months, was a complete wage eating waste of space.

Abel Hernandez, 19mil at 23 years old to be the players to win the league for me at Newcastle and in 2 years he managed 7 goals in 54 appearances, sent him on loan to stoke and he got 23 goals in prem then he got 4 in the next for me, sold him to stoke for 8 mil in the end

Abel Hernandez, 19mil at 23 years old to be the players to win the league for me at Newcastle and in 2 years he managed 7 goals in 54 appearances, sent him on loan to stoke and he got 23 goals in prem then he got 4 in the next for me, sold him to stoke for 8 mil in the end

Maybe he was going to be some kind of wonder kid for them instead, you got a replacement now? If so who, and how does he do?

Signed Andy Carroll for Rangers in FM11(I think, may have been FM10) for a measly £10million lol. Scored 1 goal in 48 matches over 2 seasons, before I managed to get rid of him for £3million to Malaga.

With Andy Carroll i wouldn't class it as a flop! ahah

Kagawa on a free transfer for my Arsenal save. He boosted the shirt sales in Asia, but for the first 2 seasons managed just 15 assists and 8 goals in 47 appearances(30 starts). Then I loaned him out to Fulham and he scored 17 and gave 15 assists in 36 starts. I took a look at Fulham's tactic and I think they gave him a lot of creative freedom, a thing that my tactic didn't allow. I ended up selling him for 15 mil euros. Biggest flop so far in FM 11 and 12...

Gary Hooper for Wolves for £6.5M. Was expecting him to bang them in but didn't score in 22 appearances. Also, Ebanks-Blake kept him out the squad which is kind of saying something...

Wesley Snejder, 85 mil. Play him as attacking midfield support much creative freedom. As he has 18 longshot, I expected him to be a goal threat from his position. But the result is 2 goals and 16 assists in 48 matches. For someone worth that much money I expect a lot more. On the other hand, Darren fletcher who has 7 longshot has scored 7 long range goals in 49 matches, sometimes i just can't understand what happened.

Aaron Ramsey, I didn't buy him but I had to give him 110k a week and £5m to him and his agent to keep him since he's meant to be some sort of superstar. Rarely gets over a 7.00 rating. He's consistent but consistently average. Not the top class player I'm paying for.

Neymar i bought him on my Chelsea (2nd season) for 56m and he flop totally avg. 6.70 all season

Ive only had one flop- bought altintop for £1million- was always injured.
All other flops were free and i only signed them as backup.

Signed Sergio Canales for Sunderland in FM11. Was just woeful, had an average of about 6.7 and a total of 5 goals and 18 assists in all competitions in his first two seasons. Sold him on at a nice profit though :).

signed heskey for 15million 4star player thought he would bang them in! he kept falling over poor fella

Bought Axel Witsel for 21m in my third season as a replacement for VdV, got an average rating of 6.7 with 2 goals in 40 appearances. Sold him for 10m the next season and bought a regen to replace VdV who ended up being amazing in the role.

Affelay in Football Manager 2011, he had everything I wanted him to play like, he never did that, and he was directly sold after the season ended.

I signed Asmir Begovic for £15m on an arsenal save.Average rating of 6.61,played 7 games.After his 7th appearance never played again.

Zakaria Labyad for Liverpool. Was absolute ****.

Azpilicueta. Bought him for rotation with Maicon and had an average rating on 6.66 after 22 games. Bought him for 19 million too...

bjorn siguarsson for middlesbrough
gylfi brother i do believe. i got him and an regen with beastly stats between them they scored 13 goals. and there ratings rarely hit 7
bjorn cost 7.75m and the regen 10 million, boyd, mcdonald, samba, majority of my midfielder easily outscored both of them.
both players were the two worst buys of the season, even worse when i got samba for 9 mill and he got 10 goals.

Back