Football Manager Handheld 2014 Tactical & Training Discussion

TheFalse9

Reaction score
This is a thread for any tactical (and training-related) discussion to do with FMH14 - that includes tactics sharing, general tactical discussion and any tactics-related questions. If you are sharing a tactic, please try and either include a screenshot of the tactic or give as much information about the tactic as possible - with test results. If you're asking a question, then please provide as much information as possible about your problem; which team you are, etc.

To get the ball rolling, I'll start by sharing my current tactic with Liverpool:

Lineup

Player Roles

Team Instructions

Testing

Although I haven't tested it much yet, it seems to be a reasonably successful tactic (I played a second team for the Crystal Palace game, and rested many of my best players in the Sunderland game), with the 3-0 win over Spurs the obvious highlight. However, I've found that the main problem with the tactic so far, obviously, is the lack of width - which often means we're not quite one-sided when attacking, so the team hasn't been as clinical as they could've been. This is, however, a very good formation for Liverpool because it utilises the teams strong positions (centre-back, centre-midfield and striker) and doesn't use positions where there is little depth (full-back and winger). I'll probably end up tweaking this tactic a bit more as the season progresses, so I'll update it in this thread as I change it/do more testing. I may also end up testing this tactic with another team, but I'll definitely test it a bit more with Liverpool.

I have kept it simple:

League: Skrill South
Team: Bath

Finding bringing in player really hard, even on loan, but Bought: Ryan Bird (from Pompey 4k) Pld 6 > Gls 4
No one else want to come to my club (yet).

Formation: 5-3-2
Team Instruction: Balance - Mixed - Committed - Pressing(ON)

Conceding quiet a lot but managing to score more, and win (3-2) a lot.

Any recommended players would be appreciated.

Can someone help me with a tactic for bournemouth? I'm currently playing 4-2-3-1, balanced, short and committed, pressing on.

I'm not doing bad but I would like to be doing better, won 2, drawn 2, lost 1. They keep saying I haven't got enough width but any formation I've tried with width doesn't work well.

thanks

I'm currently on the Portuguese League playing with SLB. It's not spectacular but it's working.

4-1-2-2-1

Attacking
Direct
Committed

Pressing
Offside Trap
Counter Attack

Player Roles
GK - WBK - CTR - BPD - WBK - DLM - BBM - BBM - INF - WNG - PCR

In club division I am 1st with 6 Wins and one Draw (27th of october) Still running both internal cups. I have scored 19 goals agains 2.

In Europe the results are terrifying. 3 games, 2 lost one draw. Oponents are Man Utd, OM and Grasshoppers.

Didn't Bought any player. Will post an update, once in the mid season and again at the end.

Well.... Just reached mid season...

3rd with 10 wins 1 draw and two defeats. Lost on the Portuguese cup. I'm winning by 1-0 or 2-1. And was relegated to the euro cup.

Can someone help me with a tactic for bournemouth? I'm currently playing 4-2-3-1, balanced, short and committed, pressing on.

I'm not doing bad but I would like to be doing better, won 2, drawn 2, lost 1. They keep saying I haven't got enough width but any formation I've tried with width doesn't work well.

thanks
I've seen the width problem many times on the new FMH, and I've heard others mention it too - I'm not sure what the problem is, maybe it's a bug? Try playing with more attacking full-backs (preferably wing-backs) and try playing wingers on the 'right' wings - i.e. play a right-footed player on the right wing. Please tell me if this width problem keeps on coming up, though, I'm interested.

Sorry about the broken screenshots, guys, by the way - I'll try and fix that soon (or just remove them altogether)!

Just finished the season. 1st on the Portuguese, eliminated on the first Euro Cup Round an also won the Legue Cup. Had to change the tactics now playing on an Attacking 4-4-2. I'll begin the second season like this.

Got promoted 2 seasons in a row with "La Roda" as team with my own 4-6-0

Roles:

Defense line: WBk-CTR-LID-WBk
M: DLM
Center: BWM - CM
Attacking Midfielders: WM - APM - WM

Team Instructions: Attacking Mentality - Short Passing Style - Normal Tackling - Pressing (on) - Offside trap (on) - Counter attack (off) - Man behind ball (off)

Ad said above i got promoted two years in a row and im in the upper half of table after 11 games of year 3

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T with Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
I'm currently on the Portuguese League playing with SLB. It's not spectacular but it's working.

4-1-2-2-1

Attacking
Direct
Committed

Pressing
Offside Trap
Counter Attack

Player Roles
GK - WBK - CTR - BPD - WBK - DLM - BBM - BBM - INF - WNG - PCR

In club division I am 1st with 6 Wins and one Draw (27th of october) Still running both internal cups. I have scored 19 goals agains 2.

In Europe the results are terrifying. 3 games, 2 lost one draw. Oponents are Man Utd, OM and Grasshoppers.

Didn't Bought any player. Will post an update, once in the mid season and again at the end.

I used this tactic with yeovil and was goin well until i came against millwall who beat me 6-0

Can anyone help with a tactic for low division clubs like yeovil please

That's after the tweaking
Formation is 442 attacking
Player roles:
GK,
FBK CTR CTR FBK,
INF, DLM, BBM, INF
CMF & PCR

Anyone got an improvements on that let me know I will be greatly interested
I been playing this game since 1993 Championship Manager I love FM

I've got two tactics (one with Liverpool and one with Havant & Waterlooville) to share (I'll post them tomorrow), both of which have been successful for me about half a season in, so if you're interested, look out for the post in this thread tomorrow! The Liverpool one is based on possession football; the Havant & Waterlooville one is just about keeping it simple and scraping wins.

Any tips for Manchester United? I'm currently doing 4-2-3-1.
De Gea
Rafael - Vidic - Vertonghen - Beria
Fellaini - Carrick
Nani - Rooney - Kagawa
Hernandez

I'm using Balanced, direct, mixed, pressing ON,

Any help on players, tactical roles, training, tactics etc? Also whats the best way to keep morale high? Thanks for any help :)

View attachment 452868View attachment 452870My first game EVER on FMH-14
1st season a bit rocky lost a shed load of games & came 4th in the BPL. Upside I won the the CL and League cup double
2nd season tweaked the tactics and won the treble; CL (again), FAC & BPL (undefeated)
View attachment 452860View attachment 452865

Would you post a picture of your team and tactical roles etc.. I'm doing one with Man Utd too and it's going alright, not great though. Thanks ! :)

I bought the game yesterday as i got my new phone S3 mini. I think this will be the best ?6.99 i spent on a phone for a game tbh. I had handheld on the psp can't remember which year it was though. It's just great to be able to play a little bit of fm on breaks at work and also on the move. I decided to start with AFC telford (skrill north) local team 4-4-2 formation. (i've always used 4-4-2). Managed to sign a DC michael townsend on a free scout recommended him and also get tristan plummer on loan from weston-super-mare for the whole season. Think plummer will be good for me as his stats show dribbling 15, shooting 15, movement 17 and pace 12. Played 2 scored 2 assisted 1. Played 2 games so far won 3-2 against stockport and drew 2-2 to altrincham.