Football Manager, How To Make It Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gink

Reaction score
Didn't find a thread like this here using the forum search tool, which I thought was a bit strange. With so many people that play this game gathered in one place, there's bound to be a lot of ideas floating around.

Lets have a thread where people can give their suggestions on how Football Manager can improve.
You can suggest the smallest features, or radical game changes, but try to keep it reasonable and well thought out.

Who knows, maybe we have someone from SI games on these forums?

If there's a thread like this already, or if a mod finds it inappropriate, feel free to delete.

I'll start!

I've been managing a couple teams lately with somewhat shady economy, Trabzonspor in Turkey in particular (check sig),
Now, with a team like that, you can attract some pretty good old players on free transfers and such, but you will not be able to offer them wages that they find satisfactory.
It was particularly annoying when I had the chance to sign Riquelme. He was extremely interested in joining, but he didn't "believe I had the resources to pay him".

My suggestion would be this;

When offering a contract, you get the two options.
You can offer a regular contract, like we got now, or you can chose to offer a contract where the player will have the chance to earn big bonuses based on performance.

The bonus could be anything from a bonus for EURO qualification, a certain number of goals scored, it could have lots of options.

This kind of contract might not be for every player, but some, maybe if they're ambitious or determined, might go for it.

If I'm not terribly mistaken, this system is used to some degree in real world football, is it not?

Last edited:
I believe FourFourTwo made a thread on this here

Sorry to be the one to break it to you ;)

Is alreAdy a thread called "improvements for fm 2011" I believe

I believe FourFourTwo made a thread on this here

Sorry to be the one to break it to you ;)

I got to the "Highlighting Football Manager 2010's Biggest Mistakes/Easter Eggs" thread following your link. :p

Oh well, my bad then, guess I my forum searching stats are very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.